Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.5 (CO)

We have looked at the crusader, but it was largly out of service by the time of our mod's setting, replaced by the cromwell, churchill and shermans of the time, Frizy and Faust both had a hand in it and are members of the I44 team so it was something we discussed for 2.6 but between issues with the rights to it and actually getting it into ArmA2 as well as the historical use of it, we have decided not to for now.

Will you include Cromwell & Churchill in V2.6 or not?

Yup you'll be seeing a nice set of new stuff for the brits, it was originally our intention for 2.6 to be a purely british update, but with the speed at which Prowler got his Bulge map down we decided to add in the winter stuff as well. For the Brits you'll be seeing a Universal Carrier (model & texture by Guy, at least a Bren version though we are hoping for more if time allows), a Cromwell (Waxbutters model retextured and tweaked), Churchill (model & texture by Guy), Infantry (original model by Waxbutter, modified by Macolik), a new British Tank crew model (bastardised from other models we have by me!), hopefully a new Hawker Typhoon IB (by CSJ and Yac), lots of tweaks to the existing Commandos (new head gear variants), and maybe a few other tweaks I'm forgetting. Hopefully somewhere down the line we'll be modifying these Brits to cover more units from the 'Commonwealth' but we're focusing on getting in the base units first then dealing with badges and insignia further down the line as time allows. I'll try and get some pictures out in the coming days.

2.6 is shaping up to be a pretty expansive release so we're really hoping you'll all enjoy it when it comes time to release, and no we still have no set date we're aiming to make sure the release is as stable as our small team can possible make it!

Edit: Oh yeah and a new RAF pilot in 1944 gear by Yac :)

Really good news. Much appreciate for what a gerat pleasure you've given us in the previously released stuff and Mods. It seems we always are asking too much for this and that and overlook what hard work it should devote to. Actually, fully aware of it and please dont care too much and just give what your time allowance for it. The updates with more added stuff and details could be followed gradually and will always be curious at what the next one will be... A nice experience anyway.

Hey all great mod, love it, but I am having trouble getting Ai pilots to use their bombs, they just strafe with machine guns or orbit the target. I was wondering if their is a way to get them to select their bombs? I've also noticed they have no probs using Hvars, but they can't commit with bombs, usually not until they run out of machine gun ammo.

P.S. I also forgot to say that I could not find the ordinance names for either bombs rockets or machine guns.

Thanx guys, love the mod!

I've seen planes freely (completely unscripted, and to near spot on effect) use bombs on armoured targets, they probably won't engage infantry with them unless scripted too however. Its been mentioned a few times the vehicle ammo wasn't in the classlist, but then if you'd of had to dig through all the configs to find things you might've missed em too ;) Hopefully we'll have a full list for 2.6.

I'm sure there is a way you could force planes to use bombs but I don't know it, I'm guessing you'll have to play with the dofire command.

Thanx for the speedy reply been a little busy lately, will try to play around with it a little bit, thanx guys. Awesom mod

Looks like our AI should be behaving normally again now, just running some tests on Aloft and even at night they are kicking my arse at a good range so fingers crossed 2.6 should perform a lot better no matter what time of day!

It seems as thought the BIS conversation system does not work well with I44 units.

Here is my issue in detail:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=124362

can provide example missons if needed. Any hopes of getting this fixed. Really cuts down misson maker's tools.

Yes, there are work arounds, but they dont not always work as well.

Reading your post.. I have to say... I don't get what you're trying to do at all lol... the only thing I can suggest is that perhaps a radio object is required in the units inventory, we removed radio's from most units to help simulate the actual communication limitations of the time. Have you tried adding a radio to the units you're trying to get to communicate?

As I really have no idea what you're trying to accomplish and have never used the system myself I can't really say anymore at this point. I'm not aware of any base unit changes that would affect it though.

I'm making a singleplayer misson and just using it for conversations and delivering Objectives. I'll try the radio thing though and get back, but I don't think it will work.

Well the standard way of setting of objectives definitely works, I've had no problems with them at all and I44 when I've been making missions. I've never used the conversation system, but like I said I don't know of any reason why it shouldn't work with I44 other than our lack of radios which results in some odd (but still very much functioning) squad level communication. When I have some more time I'll look into it but I'm currently overhauling all of our german infantry models so time is not on my side.

After a quick re-read the only other thing I can spot is that you're giving a vehicle the unit name not the unit driving it, so when they exit they won't have the same name as far as I'm aware. In this event it can be a good idea to use empty vehicles, and name the crew and use a 'moveindriver' command to ensure that the unit itself and not the vehicle gets named. But still, definitely try adding radio's to the units (again to the units themselves not the vehicles) and let us know if you track down the issue.

Edited by PacUK

Very much looking forward to the newversion when it's ready.

Just one question: Will it be possible at some stage to have German units speaking German and British units speaking with British accents?

We've already got the German radio voices working so yeah that'll be in. We're considering switching the British units over to the standard BAF DLC voices as well, but as none of us have it ourselves we're limited to the BAF_Lite version, so we're checking whether its acceptable enough to be used as part of the mod, originally they were far too low quality but one of the previous patches I believe increased their quality I just haven't had time to check them through myself to weigh up whether its worth using them or not.

Thanks for the quick reply, Pac..... And many thanks for all your hard work on an excellent mod.

Hope you include the BAF voices. They are pretty good on the lite version now.

Thanks that works a little bit better with the radio. You actually get the chat and stuff, didn't know it had that effect. It does make sense the way you have it, but it makes it harder for dialouge to work.

Another question, the SetIdentity does not seem to work with 2 of pilots in the missons

even though I have driver plane setIdentity "Pilot Douche";

it only shows up at 1-1 or whatever.

using Vanilla it works though so I don't think its my coding etc..

Edited by Blackfox34

I've only uses identities once so not too sure how they are handled, the one time I used it was setup in description.ext:

class CfgIdentities

{

class noglasses

{

name = "Jonas Muhar";

face = "Face20";

glasses = "None";

speaker = "Male01EN";

pitch = 1.1;

};

};

But I did that to avoid the unit wearing glasses not to name them, I have no idea if the name worked or what it would look like in the group chat and so on. You might wanna check out F2 template I used in MP missions to give groups and units a sensible name setup relevant to their squad etc: http://www.ferstaberinde.com/f2/en/index.php?title=Main_Page

Would like to talk somthing about the workablity of mortar operation by A.I. Is it possible to let A.I. carry mortar and install it somewhere to give a support fire when it's necessary. For instance, the A.I. gunner could move the mortar, of course, very slowly, and shoot at targets after he finds them and installs the mortar.

In addition, in current ARMA2 version or any other Mods, the A.I. machiner gunner seems too ardent to attend a charge. Usually, he will move forward with other soldiers quickly and also could be easier to kill instantly. So is it feasible to let him just stay behind the other charging soldiers and get down to give constant supporting fire for a bit of longer time? Not sure, if it's could be technically workable for your mod working.

Not too clear on what you mean with the mortars... anyone can dissasemble a mortar and carry the pack and build it again, so given the right scripting commands a mission maker could do this, so we won't waste time coding something like that as its not an I44 function but a mission based one, or hell you could do it manually with squad commands (using menu 6 for control over their gear, telling them to drop pack, assemble etc).

Actually firing the mortar is a different matter, the AI should work with all mortar systems as they are compatible with artillery module, but he will not engage on sight, this require special coding and again isn't exclusive to I44 (as in my tests with standard A2 mortars they just sit there and don't engage enemy AI to the best of my knowledge).

With MG's really this is something you can script on a per misison basis, for example I use DAC in most of my missions, with that you can simple list any class you'd like (e.g. mg34/42 carrying units) in the suppressing units field of its config, and they'll suppress you quite happily (I got chewed up by many an MG42 today while the rest of the squad ran about to attack me while I was testing Aloft).

So really you can do all these things, and theres codes and scripts out there to achieve them in new missions, and alots already present in our missions. Nothing there would be I44 specific though so there's little reason for us to spend valuable time coding complex systems like these at this time, when that time could be spent developing our wounding and penetration systems, and other I44 exclusive features.

Forgive the typos, just finished a 13 hour stint modding so my brain currently leaking out my ears.

@Blackfox34

If you're talking about the 'Alpha 1-1' and such in blue, side chat then you will have to change the group name with 'SetgroupID', safer if you use it after giving the unit a group name. An example could be

Pilot = Group this;
Pilot setgroupID ["MyGroupName"];

That's just an example, to hopefully answer your question if I understand you correctly. XD

yeah it's weird, but not really a big deal for me. Since I have it set up working in Vanilla, but it doesn't work in I44. It's ok though. :-)

Pretty sure grouping and setgroupid both work in I44 as I've used both extensively in my MP missions, if you can clarify what the problem you're still having we can take a look at it and see whether its an I44 issue or something you're scripting incorrectly on your mission itself, as we're working on 2.6 right now it would be a shame to miss any simple bugs before release, as we'd like to focus on 2.7 afterwards and not have to worry about hotfixing the release!

Thought it might be worth asking in here, we're currently looking for a good group of players, ideally a clan/group to help with testing 2.6. If you're part of a group that plays/will be playing 2.6 on release please get in touch, we're in need of 10+ players (ideally with access to 20+) who are available regularly (at least one session a week for as long as possible each session).

The main role will be play testing missions and providing feedback on features as well as reporting any bugs encountered during the sessions and their own play time/experiments with the mod.

Generally we are not looking for individuals as they are much harder to organise (and much more likely to dissapear and/or release the mod without permission to friends etc as has been the problem in the past). So ideally we want established well known gaming groups who are interested in I44.

If this sounds like you and your friends, please send me a PM, we will not be discussing this in the open topic and anyone requesting to help here will be ignored. So please only get in touch if you are part of a large and organised group, it would be good if you could provide squad webpages, videos of play sessions etc. As I generally run the tests it would be preferable if you are English speakers as this makes gathering feedback much easier for me, though we are open to the possibility of other languages if offers are limited.

There is no requirement for you to provide a server, we are aiming to run all tests on a UK based server however, so it would be good if you have a lot of local players, but we are open to all countries if our choices are limited.

So clans/groups/squads, please get in touch and send me a PM!

Really disappointed at your above statement. Obviously, a person like me would never be able to get such a chance no matter how I love this Mod and had begun to play the first beta german soldier from Inv44 in OFP almost nine years ago.