Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.5 (CO)

Community assistance is probably welcomed, take example to e.g Robalo configs; http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=120120

And other such examples.

I really want to help, and i have time, but i have no idea about arma2 addons making/editing. If i know where i can find all this changable ACE2 data for tank armor and shells, i'll do my best. I know that i must unpbo addon files, but what files? I can't find any help about changing this armor values and damage..

Well the first thing you need to do before you start playing about with any configs is to read up on what it is you're trying to actually do, start by reading some tutorials, check out the editing forums, google search, and take a look at existing systems (such as the ones Sickboy posted). It's a long road if you have no experience editing ArmA2, and even longer if you have no scripting or coding experience. But its do-able, I started in I44 barely knowing more than placing a couple of units in the editor, 2 years or so later, and now I can lay my hands to most things as long as I have a working example to go from. Still nowhere near writing most things from scratch though... I leave that to the people with scripting magics like Macolik ;)

Hey guys just uploaded a video to youtube of a band of brothers scene i made on Arma 2 using invasion 44's units and vehicles

Enjoy! rate comment suscribe!! :)

Amazing! :butbut:

Hey guys just uploaded a video to youtube of a band of brothers scene i made on Arma 2 using invasion 44's units and vehicles

This is a very impressive video, impactful to those who have some direct connection to the event.

It didnt take that long actually must of taken me overall about 8 hours :) and thanks for the feedback means a lot when you guys release the winter mod pack then ill make a bastogne version! :)

Wow! Great!

I did all three...so rated, commented and subscribed! More to come?

Wow! Great!

I did all three...so rated, commented and subscribed! More to come?

maybe it depends i may do a bastogne one when the winter pack comes out :)

Hey guys Im in love with this mod. I bought Arma 2 the day it came out and played it for a few weeks and uninstalled. When I saw that I44 was out I got my friends to buy OA just so we could play I44. We have played Dom to death and I was thinking about making some new missions.

Can anyone tell me where to find the class names and group names for spawning units and filling ammo crates?

or....

Would someone be so kind as to paste a script for a weapon crate filled with all the i44 weapons. TIA its good to be back.

get familiar with txt's in the I44 modfolder

You have got to be ****ing kidding me. Thanks man for the quick reply. I wont even tell you how long I looked for them online. I never even thought to look in the folder XD

Thanks again.

Just to let those that asked for it know, I've reset all the interior compartments on tanks to a single compartment so you can now move freely between the control spots, exterior cargo spots on the tanks are still seperate. If there's a huge demand for us to revert to the older but more realistic seperate compartments we can do, but it seems the community wanted a little bit of playability over realism, so you got it... I'm now gonna wait for the uproar against it :)

Yeah, this is great. Thanks! This makes using tanks with an AI crew so much less frustrating. :yay:

And if someone thinks this is unrealistic, nobody is forcing them to use it. They can still jump out to change places if they want to.

i searched, didnt find anything, im using this mod along with ace mod and when i place explosion, bangladore etc from this mod, i cannot let it explode, what should i press?

I'm now gonna wait for the uproar against it :)

Well, you got it, I like separate compartments :) but in ArmA AI case it has a reason to cancel.

Having trouble in a misson I'm making. Using an Static Line Jump script I used in another misson, works fine up until I start placing enemy units.

It seems as the C47 Pilots keep turning away from the AA fire instead of just flying over the map, therefore it can't complete the waypoint and my script doesn't fire.

Anyway I might be able to fix it. When I have normal infantry on the ground the C47's fly over fine.

EDIT: It seems the C47 pilots are pansies compared to Vanilla/ACE ones. this allow fleeing 0; worked for me.

Edited by Blackfox34

They can still jump out to change places if they want to.

This made me lol...

i searched, didnt find anything, im using this mod along with ace mod and when i place explosion, bangladore etc from this mod, i cannot let it explode, what should i press?

You should press delete and remove ACE from the shortcut command for I44, unfortunately we are not fully compatible with them its been reported a few times that explosives and grenades do not work from what I remember from other people's tests with it. Sorry!

As an alternative you can use ACE's grenades and explosives (or standard ArmA2 ones) but ours won't work with them (nor do we have the time or people to make them compatible I'm afraid).

Well, you got it, I like separate compartments but in ArmA AI case it has a reason to cancel.

Heh had to be one ;) Thanks for forgiving us that little move away from realism, its been a point of discussion within the team for a while.

It seems the C47 pilots are pansies compared to Vanilla/ACE ones. this allow fleeing 0; worked for me.

Probably quite realistic a lot of the D-Day pilots were new and hadn't flown against flak before and took evasive manouveres taking them off course and into greater danger than had they stayed the course. Glad you found a workaround though!

so hey I don't have CO, but I have both standalone versions? will this run on the Arma2 standalone if I change the shortcut properties and execute it manually or what?

No this one not run on arma 2, combine arma 2 and OA in CO, or you can download old version 2.0 and patch 2.1 and 2.2 that version will work with arma 2 standalone. But better for you make combined operations

This made me lol...

You should press delete and remove ACE from the shortcut command for I44, unfortunately we are not fully compatible with them its been reported a few times that explosives and grenades do not work from what I remember from other people's tests with it. Sorry!

As an alternative you can use ACE's grenades and explosives (or standard ArmA2 ones) but ours won't work with them (nor do we have the time or people to make them compatible I'm afraid).

Heh had to be one ;) Thanks for forgiving us that little move away from realism, its been a point of discussion within the team for a while.

Probably quite realistic a lot of the D-Day pilots were new and hadn't flown against flak before and took evasive manouveres taking them off course and into greater danger than had they stayed the course. Glad you found a workaround though!

well, i dont use shortcuts(i have win 7, running it from toolbar...), ill just disable it from expansions, anyway thx, so i wouldnt search hours in game how to make it

have you guys seen this CrusaderMkII tank? its arma 1 but still workings ingame. all you need is the rights to use it and boom!! new tank! and there is a PzIII,

link!

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=0&cat=addons&id=1038

edit also this

German pak40 also igame.

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=0&cat=addons&id=744

I know you have these type of armors ingame already,

Kingtiger

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=0&cat=addons&id=660

WW2 Pack

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=0&cat=addons&id=825

Edited by baz44331

We have looked at the crusader, but it was largly out of service by the time of our mod's setting, replaced by the cromwell, churchill and shermans of the time, Frizy and Faust both had a hand in it and are members of the I44 team so it was something we discussed for 2.6 but between issues with the rights to it and actually getting it into ArmA2 as well as the historical use of it, we have decided not to for now.

The Pak, King Tiger, and Tiger shown in the other pics we have our own (and imo better) versions already ingame. Our tiger is a little dated but Vex has been working on a gorgeous new model being textured by Snorri so there's little reason to get other versions in.

Generally we don't incorporate models produced outside of the team into the mod unless theres a huge demand and they are of high quality (for example the Few planes, and their lovely plane damage system, as ArmA2 doesn't allow damage sections on fixed wing vehicles), but thanks for the suggestions.