Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.5 (CO)

Thanks Choki, a lot of people have put a lot of time in over the years and we're always glad to hear people are enjoying it! Keep you eyes peeled for more from the Invasion 1944 team in the future!

Here's two small teasers of whats to come in 2.6, first up one of the new missions I've been working on based on the Brecourt Manor assault, this smaller mission is for up to 16 players.

brecourt.th.jpg

Next up is a peak at the Battle of the Bulge mission 'Nuts' featuring the new map, our new winter units and our new foxhole object. This is another smaller 16 player mission.

bastogne.th.jpg

hey guys ive just dl this mod and this comes up wen i start the game sorry and it wont let me in the game

bin\config.bin/cfgweapons/I44_piat/I44_piat/opticsmodes/ironsights/: cannot find base class 'ironsights' can some one help me plz :(

sorry im using dvd version 4 both arma2 and coops and they are fully updated

I just wanted to let you know that this mod is awesome and am really looking forward to 2.6. Thanks a lot!

One issue I have noticed is the weapon resting doesn't seem to be working since a couple of beta's ago. The icon would display but it doesn't seem to change the recoil. In the newest beta the icon doesn't display either.

sorry im using dvd version 4 both arma2 and coops and they are fully updated

I'm not really sure what this means... 2.5/2.51 require ArmA2 Combined Operations (ArmA2 or Operation Arrowhead standalone installs will NOT work, only the combined version). If you are running CO correctly, its possible that you either installed the mod incorrectly or the download corrupted. Best bet would be to reinstall and ensure you follow the installation guidelines, without further information I really can't tell what the cause of your issue is.

One issue I have noticed is the weapon resting doesn't seem to be working since a couple of beta's ago. The icon would display but it doesn't seem to change the recoil. In the newest beta the icon doesn't display either.

I'm afraid we can't support every version of the game testing on each beta BI releases would be an impossible task. Previous patches by BI have even stopped the mod working completely and there's very little we can do about that. If there's a problem that arises with a certain beta patch, its best to report it to BI not us as we can't fix the mod to work with beta patches as they are more than likely going to change with the next version, and its BI who needs to solve the issues created by them for the most part as there's little we can do to fix core parts of the game from official patches (beta or otherwise).

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but I tried to play the D+1 mission for the first time and all I get is a white screen, I can see the diamond shaped green icons for my men, and can fire my weapon, but cant see a damn thing! :confused:

I have exactly the same problem, Trickster. My d/l was fine, no problems, but when I try to play the mission all I get is an error message saying "Script scripts \fog.sqs not found". If I continue it's a white screen with green diamonds moving around and normal sounds. It shows the mission as D+1 v 0-2. I've tried to find the fog.sqs but nothing found. All other Missions are OK. Anybody help?

As a footnote, my hat's off to PacUK and the other programmers for a superb mod! I'm pretty old and remember D-Day 6th of June very well, and feel that I'm reliving history! Thanks, gentlemen.

Gone over it a few times now, D+1 somehow got corrupted when 2.51 was released, no idea what happened as none of my versions have had those issues people have encountered, it seems to have become merged with OpTarbrush which used the fog scriptm and setAperture settings which cause white-screen when used in daytime instead of night. You can try modifying it yourselves, or use an old version from previous releases (though you will have some issues due to changes in 2.51), or just wait for 2.6's release and the latest version of the mission.

Edit > ahh just noticed you said 0.2, so that would be the singleplayer version of the mission, that would explain why I haven't been able to recreate the problem with the MP version lol... hoping to get around to fixing up the SP versions this week though generally all I do is slap in the high command module to give a single player greater control over units, if I get a chance I'll upload a version before 2.6 but most likely it'll be included in the main release.

Edited by PacUK

(probaly will be asked a few times now but I missed it, sorry for that then) is the 2.6 update in a few weeks or a few months? can you give me/us an idea of when the release might be?

EDIT: I'll accept it if you can't give a specific date, I just ask you when do you think it will be released? (a idk is also fine, just can't wait for fighting in the bugle)

Edited by rikjuuh

Heh as always, it'll be done, when its ready. More than a week, but hopefully less than a month, but we can never guarantee how much time we'll have to work on things, or when certain content will be ready. There are certain bits we really want to include in 2.6, and some parts we can release without. Then there's bug fixing and testing and more bug fixing fun to go through when all the content is actually ready. We do our best to get things out as soon as possible, but as we often have less than 5 active member at any one time there's lots to be done and only so many hours in a day.

However if you're just waiting for the map, thats already been released standalone by prowler so you can start making missions and playing about in the snow while you wait for your winter gear to arrive!

Battle of the Bulge by Prowler

When its ready, it will be released. What ends up happening when a date is given and it is not released on that date. People start to whine or cry.

Heh... PacUK beat me to it.

Edited by GD Mast
PacUK beat me to it

What ends up happening when a date is given and it is not released on that date. People start to whine or cry.

Heh so very very true though GD Mast, this is probably the main reason we never give an estimated release date beyond the fact we just don't know ourselves, even once all the files are ready, we still have to document and package installers, prepare release posts and a whole range of other things like classlists that people expect to be included, but they all take time and effort to produce, proof-read, re-edit and so on. Generally we won't know exactly when anything will be available until the files are uploaded to a server, then downloaded by us and re-tested :D

I think one way might make us easier. You could tell the date for more than five months .But suddenly release it some day before four months earlier than it. So all would be happy and appreciate it much.

Sure... we could lie about the date, and then release it way before, but by the same logic we could say we're mapping every environment and modelling every unit every involved in the war and that it'll all be out in 2020... but we're not gonna. Plus then we'd just have people asking to release part of it before the due date.

Personally I think we've got a pretty decent release system and we've been steadily releasing new versions since 2.0 came out. There'd be little point in us lying to the community we're trying to produce content for. Rather just be patient, keep an eye on the topic and our news posts and one happy day you'll see the next version roll out, with minor patches fixing issues that arise as we can, and major releases bringing large amounts of content to the players with each new version.

I'm afraid we can't support every version of the game testing on each beta BI releases would be an impossible task. Previous patches by BI have even stopped the mod working completely and there's very little we can do about that. If there's a problem that arises with a certain beta patch, its best to report it to BI not us as we can't fix the mod to work with beta patches as they are more than likely going to change with the next version, and its BI who needs to solve the issues created by them for the most part as there's little we can do to fix core parts of the game from official patches (beta or otherwise).

That's fine, I didn't expect you to support the betas, I just thought I would let you know that the next patch may break it. :)

Heh thanks for the heads up, we always get a little worried with each new A2 patch that rolls out after 1.07 for A2 stopped the mod working completely, though that did give us a little headstart in the conversion over to Combined Operations. Fingers crossed all will be well come the official patch and if not I'm sure we'll manage to fudge our way through!

Heh as always, it'll be done, when its ready. More than a week, but hopefully less than a month, but we can never guarantee how much time we'll have to work on things, or when certain content will be ready. There are certain bits we really want to include in 2.6, and some parts we can release without. Then there's bug fixing and testing and more bug fixing fun to go through when all the content is actually ready. We do our best to get things out as soon as possible, but as we often have less than 5 active member at any one time there's lots to be done and only so many hours in a day.

However if you're just waiting for the map, thats already been released standalone by prowler so you can start making missions and playing about in the snow while you wait for your winter gear to arrive!

Battle of the Bulge by Prowler

I understand it. and I already know about the map (thanks anyway) but I'd prefer to play it with some winter units (WWII).

I hate to spam this, but no answer yet.

Any plans on fixing useless weapons and AI in the next release?

Actually we've gone over it several times, 2.51 had some AI improvements as does 2.6, but there's still little we can do about the base level of AI in ArmA2, or its ability to see at night without nightvision. Whereas the player is seeing mostly with thanks to setAperture, the AI doesn't have such luxuries. There are some scripting work arounds you can do on a per mission but still the pre-placed troops generally behave a lot poorer than DAC generated troops do, you can tell the player has been detected though as you can pretty much see the DAC backup troops spawn after the player has engaged the sentries (I scripted that mission so I've seen it play out a lot differently to how that video shows it).

The weapon is silenced which doesn't help matters further, with little muzzle flash or noise for the AI to react to, as well as being further affected by the difficulty level a player/sever uses. I know 2.6 behaves a lot better at night especially on Aloft where there's a lot less pre-placed troops as well as noisier and bright weapons for them to react to.

Weapon damage stems from an oversight (and poor aiming on the video) from a last minute fix we had to do on the wounding system, which originally functioned on AI as well, but in MP the animation sometimes had some issues which caused standing dead people, so whereas 9mm would have put someone down with a shot to the arm, now its more akin to a scratch, we'll be tweaking those damage levels again for 2.6's release.

We will not however be fixing peoples inabilities to make a decent headshot :)

Geat screenshots :) Cant wait 2 play whit those winter units whit the Simple Breath Fog Script from TPW

Has TPW released this Simple Breath Script?

If so, where?

Does it take into account environmental factors? e.g. temperature, humidity, wind, breather's fatigue, etc.

rotflrotflrotfl I dunno if those last two posts are serious or just jokes, but made me laugh, thanks :D

Found the breath script its here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13307 I'll definitely take a look it, should go well with our coughs sneezes and sniffles SFG recorded a while back :)

Edited by PacUK

Why walk when you can ride? Here's a new pic of our snowed up Sherman M4A3(76) carrying some tired 101st back into town.

sherman76w.th.jpg

Yeahh baby but there is a risk doing so . If the tank explode it will cause more death and pain then before. I understand that these men are tired and injured but they should not make it easy for the enemy.

Frost and snow all the way in this shermans case, after doing a bit of research, most white wash wasn't actually supplied officially until around January 1945, and contrary to popular belief, the Battle of the Bulge didn't all take place entirely in steady snow, storms blew in the snow well into the German offensive so very few vehicles were actually snow camoflagued, though some tank/vehicle crews (on both sides) did take it on themselves to whiten their vehicles with whatever came to hand whether that meant white house paint or just hard-packing snow onto the vehicle to blend in better.

However we're hoping to have a varied mix of white washed and frosted vehicles just to help mix things up a bit, it mostly depends on how much time we have to reskin (or in some cases dig out old WaR textures).