Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.5 (CO)

I need to know how to unistall I-44MOD before instaling new version 2.5?

I wan't fresh install. Any guides would be great. Thank you.

I need to know how to unistall I-44MOD before instaling new version 2.5?

I wan't fresh install. Any guides would be great. Thank you.

Just delete the @I44 folder from your ARMA2 folder

I deleted it but for some odd reason when starting I-44mod icon... I get into,... game mods the I-44 mod is stil "ticked" as enabled and exsisting. But no units in editor. Is this ok?

not sure if this has been asked already, Where can i find the updated class list?

#Edit# found it in game folder sorry :)

Edited by Bigpickle

@nighttrain. Yes yes yes yes. Musst have it.

L

@nighttrain. Yes yes yes yes. Musst have it.

L

Well for now its just a theory. I've looked at the code some more and it seems that it depends on the I44 mod to work because it changes the recoil of the rested guns to that of the mounted MG-42, which is just a slight recoil. So I'm not sure if recongfiguring it for vanilla is possible. It was just an idea that had after playing with the mod the other day.

Hi, I got this Mod awhile ago an have been playing around with it, I'm not sure whether or not its my scripting but i cant seem to get the Artillery module to work with the Secop Module on the Omaha map. Ive created the same mission on other maps an it seems to work fine. While playing, the Artillery Barrage support comes up an i designate an area, the order goes through but with no effect. Am I the only one with this problem?

Edit: Figured it out. the omaha map is small then i thought

Edited by Chihonik

Quick questions. What are the aircraft weapon and magazines names? The machine guns; I didn't find them in the documentation that came with it, everything else but.

Also I can never get the AI controlled aircraft to use bombs. Is their a way to get them to use bombs with out removing their other weapons? That's what the first question is about.

Edited by x_ringo_x

I've had the Allied aircraft engage tanks by themselves with bombs without any special scripting, maybe a little too well, in fact.

Could be a config issue, I don't think the planes will register many targets as "dangerous" enough to use bombs, I think the AI works by deciding what weapon to use based on what they're facing, without much flexibility.

hi guyz, how is this mod going ? is there enough people playing online ? Can anyone recommend a good PvP server ? thanks =)

Hey, great mod! I really have been waiting for this.

Just one question:

How can I get ACM to spawn Invasion 1944 units? I've been working on it for some time already, without results. I know how to spawn RU only (etc), but I've had no luck with addon units.

Help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Hey, great mod! I really have been waiting for this.

Just one question:

How can I get ACM to spawn Invasion 1944 units? I've been working on it for some time already, without results. I know how to spawn RU only (etc), but I've had no luck with addon units.

Help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

I'm not an expert on ACM, but IIRC, it uses classnames of groups so you would have to open the pbos to look for them (I44-classlist-v2.5.txt doesn't list them, unfortunately, only units and weapons).

Why use ACM, however, when I44 already uses DAC which is, in my opinion, far superior to ACM?

edit: for instance, the group classnames of planes are:

"Hurricane_FighterSquadron","109e_FighterSquadron","109g_FighterSquadron" (from thefew.pbo). But you would have to see if that actually works.

Edited by szarki

I'm not an expert on ACM, but IIRC, it uses classnames of groups so you would have to open the pbos to look for them (I44-classlist-v2.5.txt doesn't list them, unfortunately, only units and weapons).

Why use ACM, however, when I44 already uses DAC which is, in my opinion, far superior to ACM?

edit: for instance, the group classnames of planes are:

"Hurricane_FighterSquadron","109e_FighterSquadron","109g_FighterSquadron" (from thefew.pbo). But you would have to see if that actually works.

Thanks for a fast response :)

Didn't know I had to open up those pbo's, I thought the classlist was enough. But yeah, maybe it's time to move on to DAC, although it's still a bit intimidating :D Are there any ready made Invasion 1944 DAC scenarios where I could start practicing? Thanks again.

Oh dear, I feel like a bit of a fool. I can't seem to get this game working in six updater. I downloaded the installer from the exe download link (which took 7 hours or so) as well as CBA but if I try to run them in sixupdater it just launches vanilla CO with CBA (I think), no I44.

Here's what my preset looks like"

(green hexagon)Dynamic(2)

(green hexagon)@CBA

(white hexagon)@I44

On a side note, this mod loads perfectly in the simplistic and easy to use ArmA 2 Launcher that comes with six updater (kegetys) and I even got to play a bit of the mod, I just can't get the it to launch in Combined Ops mode so it continues to crash.

Edited by GentlemanSquid

Indeed very promising mod. BTW any ETA on 2.6?

In some earlier post before 2.51 patch you guys mentioned that you were investigating the AI problems. Since its not mentioned in the changelog of 2.51, did you fix any problems with it?

Also for the i44 in Arma 2 not CO the D Day missiosn were split. One was from the landing and one was taking the town. In this its just one big LONG mission. Also I didnt like how the camera hovered all over the at the beginnign of D Day then right before you land on the beach the camera goes into first person. Is there anyway to disable the hovering and are you going to split up the D Day missions?

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

Im using YOMA and 2 mission files say Extraction Failed and another says The remote server returned an error 404 not found. Whats the deal?

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

the D+1 SP and MP missions say Extraction failed while SP_Scharfsch says The remote server returned an error 404 not found.

Edited by solidsnake2384

Ok I switched to Six Updater and SP_Scharfsch is working but when I start to play SP_D+1 an error pops up saying something about a script on fog (dont remember it ill find out later) and when I start playing all I see is white. I dont even see my squad mates its just a white screen with a HUD.

I am getting extremely frustrated with ARMA 2, because your mod looks so awesome I downloaded it again in YOMA addon sync, but now it keeps thinking I don't have CO despite the fact I have it registered in the settings and everything.

Forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong place but I'd like to know how to place (within the editor) empty I44 vehicles on the map.

@Swanky

First you place unit/soldier/vehicle [you as a player] and then choose empty and search for i44 vehicles.

@Swanky

First you place unit/soldier/vehicle [you as a player] and then choose empty and search for i44 vehicles.

Cheers mate!

I have the Combined Operations box-set (not the Steam version) with 2 DVDs etc. (The only maybe 'unusual' thing being I installed A2OA long BEFORE A2) They are both installed into the Bohemia Interactive folder.)

All my versions are the latest, A2/OA and all the addons.

I have no other addons installed except the ones required by 'Invasion 1944'.

I want to play 'Invasion 1944'. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=117585&highlight=run+combined+operations

I installed the 1 additional addon it required, and downloaded their 1.2Gb self extracting installer.

When I try to run the game, with the command line .....arma2oa.exe" -nosplash -mod=expansion;@CBA;@i44coit (I have also tried with the "=expansion" removed)

on running the game, it says 'addon extended _eventshandlers requires addon catracked2_aav'.

If I continue then it says 'No entry Bin\Config.bin\cfgvehicles\land_fire_barrel.scope'

The mod shows up under Expansions, but there is nothing under 'Campaign' or 'SP'.

Invasion 1944 is not accepting new registrations, so I cannot ask the question there.

Google says that 'Invasion 1944' seems to need some kind of special configuration of the game called 'Combined Operations' (I thought this was just a title on the box !). People keep saying "you are not running Combined Operations, you need to run Combined Operations" - but without saying HOW you do so !

What is the EXE or the command I need to run that combines all the features of both Arma 2 games so that addons like 'Invasion 1944' will work ?