Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.5 (CO)

Just a quick note for those interested in 2.6 I've put up a post with all the media showing some of the new units we're hoping to squeeze into the 2.6 update, currently there's no release date set hopefully you won't be waiting too long, until then feel free to go drool over the screenshots and videos over on our public forums here:

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/invasion1944/public/index.php?topic=493.0

Units are looking good!

A minor issue:

It seems like one cannot shoot the driver of the A3 through the window slits.

For the Sdkfz this is possible.

If this could be fixed it would make my day. It is very challenging trying to shoot the gunners and driver of halftracks.

Thanks a lot!

A.

Are those British troops 50th ID or 3rd ID?

Since their left shoulder patch says "Essex", I assume they are from the Essex regiment which was part of the 56th Independent Infantry Brigade which landed on Gold Beach.

OK so they were apart of the 50th ID until June 10 and then went to the 7th Armoured and then went back to the 50th during the Normandy campaign....

Yes, new models look great. But I'm here mostly to provide feedback on few small, but important things:

This mod badly needs a US Airborne Engineer, Paras mission is the best example. More buildable foxholes and trenches are welcome too.

Units get tired too fast (after 50 m sprint you have trouble hitting a barn) - it shouldn't be that brutal, especially that in I44 movement is the key (not as much as in modern warfare arma\ace). Also, crosshair\sights should be more still when holding up breathing (I shot some guns in RL so I know how this works).

Also, even in 2.51 most guns kick like a horse and are hard to operate - in MP sessions mainly (in editor it doesn't seem so harsh) and when FPS drops under 25. Give guns a bigger dexterity (similiar to vanilla ArmA 2 mostly) and 3/4 of the current recoil? Whole dexterity thing should give a better experience.

Any kind of deal with ACRE guys would be great for I44 radios.

I'm saying this after few sessions with my friends, most of them have similiar feelings. Think about it, please. (and keep Pac off me)

Edited by JonPL

@domokun Btw blastcore 1.2 seems to work fine with i44

JonPL using ACE by any chance ? If so that is your stamina problem.

Kremator, nope.

Vanilla I44, we use separately ACE and I44, with ACE explosives in I44 weren't working so we dropped the idea of using these two simultaneously.

What a great Mod!!!, Nice work. I have some suggestions regarding very small "logistic" details but I really think that it could kick it up a notch.

1) I don't know if it's just me, but when I successfully end a single player mission, the dot next to it stays empty. It could be nice to just make it green, it's pretty simple to do: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=111341 (see tread 4).

2) While giving a try at many Arma 2 mods out there, I found an interesting trick in the BWmod which you could try to implement, even contact them to learn how to do it. Their 3 SP missions which come with the mod are actually not displayed if the Mod is not activated. It's really nice, bulletbroof and clean for the scenarios folder because anyway, clicking a mission without having the proper mod activated will result in error messages. Even better with it, is if all your SP missions come under a folder named Invasion 1944 or something in the scenarios screen, just like BAF and PMC. These 2 small details could be really nice.

3) Since most of the submitted missions are historically accurate, it could be awesome to name them in a way that will place them in correct order, maybe with the real battle name, date, location or something. I think your exceptionnal efforts in bringing accurate aspects to your mod will be even more complimented.

Does anyone else randomly get static when I44 units are on a map? For some reason I hear static when I have them around, and it happens most frequently with armored vehicles.

It's incredibly possible it's just the smoke grenades in the sound pack I'm using, though. I'll have to try and single it out.

Edited by Hobbesy

watching the mission vids on youtube..great stuff

apart from the background gunfire.

'bang!..boom!..ratatat!...bang!..boom!..ratatat..etc..etc

is there a file than can be pulled or edited to get rid of those totally UNrealistic sounds?

Hello all.

@hobbesy, no, i dont get static sounds. Check that grenade pack.

+1 @ septic. I too dislike the ambient gunfire. I know it fills out the audio, but id prefer true player or ai gunfire. Love to know if it can be disabled.

Rgds

Lok

Hey guys,

Just out of curiosity, im trying to incorporate I44 with WICT. Is there an updated list of the Classnames? I found an old one but it does not include the SS units. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for such an amazing mod. Ive waited a long long long time for this one!

Hello there,

Gimmie an hour or so and ill pm you a list or give you a url to it. Not at my desk yet.

Rgds

Lok

Please post the WICT mission when you finally sort it D.scardino. Would be good to play it :)

Orlok, Thanks so much man.. I searched Google and I44 forums for half the night last night before I posted here lol. I did a dry run with just the Heer/FJ v Rangers but I believe the classnames may be off somewhere because I cant get a single one to spawn. Nevertheless I'm by no means a mission maker, just years of plinking around but Ill do my best to make a "Public" friendly mission ;-).. Regards

Dino

First, thank you so much for this amazing mod! It is a true work of art, and has breathed new life into the game for me.

Second, a question: is there a way to get the "radio" voices of the characters working in editor missions? I played the mission, "Aloft," and the voices of my character and team work as normal (issuing orders, calling out enemies, asking, "Where are you?" and such). However, when I build a mission in the editor, the voices are fiddley. Instead of, "One, Two, Three, Four, move to that tree," I get "Three." Instead of "All, stay crouched," I just get "stay crouched," or silence. Also, none of my guys call out any enemy sightings nor calls for help when injured.

Why does it work in a mission, but not in the editor? Is there a way to get it to work? Any ideas?

Hi,

i try to use a vehc. Respawn WP script for the Shermans.

_guy

= _unitsGroup select _loop;

_guy setSkill (_AI_skillArray select _loop);

if (_loop == 0) then {_guy moveInDriver _vcl_new};

if (_loop == 1) then {_guy moveInGunner _vcl_new};

if (_loop == 2) then {_guy moveInCommander _vcl_new};

// if (_loop == 3) then {_guy moveinturret [_vcl_new,[0]]};

// if (_loop == 3) then {_guy moveinturret [_vcl_new,[1]]};

if (_loop == 3) then {_guy setdamage 1};

if (_loop == 4) then {_guy setdamage 1};

the Problem is the Tank have 5 Guys Crew. If i use "turret[0] and turret[1] 4 Guys moving in but the last not. So for now i have set this 2 Guys damage 1.

Please what are the both Positions for Guy 4 and 5 ?

THX in advance

Maybe Turret 2 or 3 for a try
?

no i tryed turret 0,1,2,3,0/1,1/1,0/0/1 and so on :(

Not to sidetrack in this thread, but I wanted to propose the idea of expanding the weapon resting module to include all vanilla weapons. With the proper permission, I think it would be extremely nice for non ace users to have that feature since it works so well with this mod. I tried looking through the config but its a little too complex for me, so if someone would like to try we should get permission from the creator and do it. Just an interesting thought I had.

Anyways, the new patch has fixed so many bugs and has made this mod that much more incredible thank you!!! :)