Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.5 (CO)

Wow, looks awesome as always guys, thanks for the hard work !

Great work once again!

That churchill is gorgeous :D Look forward to driving it

In future plan's do you add new tank such as Cromwel of Crusader AA , or Crusader tank??? Is it posible to see them in your beautiful work????

And after all will in next version animated track's on Halftrack german or USA ????

Looks very nice so far!

Excuse my (propably) in the wrong timeline question, but are any plans on the USSR? (The Russians were fighting in 1944, right? I'm pretty sure they were.)

Or are the Russians out of place in this enviroment?

Hey Archo, yes Russians were fighting during 1944, but we're focussing on the western front really. However, if you're after some Russian action, you should check out the recently announced 'Iron Front', looks good!

Thanks for the kind words guys, once I get this degree out the way I'll try and get you all some ingame shots!

Akab, we are recruiting modellers, so if you want to make the armoured cars as an art test to join the mod, please do!

I like the new stuff made I only hope more bugs are being dealt with as well because you do not get much happiness from awesome models if the rest is buggy.

Great work. :)

- [2.51] Added: new German and US voices

Are these the "radio" voices or an addition to Dac?

The day a mod adds German radio voices to the game will be a historical one!! :)

I wanted to begin such a project by myself and thus know what huge amount of work it is...

So when will 2.51 be avalible for download????

The way I understand it is that this is a game engine limitation which affects all halftracks because they are classed and configured as trucks?

It's always been the same with halftracks since OFP days but doesn't detract

any enjoyment from an essential piece of WW2 hardware.

Awesome Mod btw, looking forward to 2.51!

Very True ..... :bounce3:

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

EyztZr9Pjt4

So this video proves the tracks on a hanamog can turn. How was it accomplished and why do I not see it. Meaning, is there something wrong on my end? OR ... did someone reclassifiy the Hanamog as a tank?

only thing that lets this mod down is the map size of omaha :( we need a bigger map!

only thing that lets this mod down is the map size of omaha :( we need a bigger map!

Download and use this island Huertgenwald and Hürtgenwald winter

Features:

- The map covers an area of 10x10 km roughly based on realworld data if possible

- The map features the area between Hürtgen and Schmidt in November 1944 but does not claim to be 100% historically correct

- roads and bridges should be used properly by AI

- there are many dense german style forrests and also wide plains

- You will find many custom buildings, bunkers and of course trees and bushes

- Some bunkers and other stuff is already placed on the map but there ist still more than enough room to place your objects available from my addons or other addons according to your own requirements

- many of the buildings are open to give the possibility of interesting fights in the villages

- on the map you may find some trees that can be climbed on, to give places for snipers (usable also by AI)

Huertgenwald http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8635

Huertgenwald winter http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9567

i do intend someday to restore the map to its original 10 x 10 km square.

but as Andy says, there plenty of really good larger maps you can use.

Edited by jojimbo

In future plan's do you add new tank such as Cromwel of Crusader AA , or Crusader tank??? Is it posible to see them in your beautiful work????

And after all will in next version animated track's on Halftrack german or USA ????

Waxbutter did supply us with a Cromwell we're considering using so we're looking into retexturing and balancing it against our other Brit/Commonwealth units.

Currently Macolik's only run tests on the Hanomag (german halftrack) but we do plan on applying the changes to work with all half-tracked type verhicles eventually. Which version they'll be a part of we're not yet sure, it mainly depends on how much time it takes to finalise the process and apply it across all the affected units. Hopefully by 2.6 we should have them integrated fully.

I like the new stuff made I only hope more bugs are being dealt with as well because you do not get much happiness from awesome models if the rest is buggy.

Great work. :)

As you may have seen in my previous post we are very commited to focusing on bug fixing issues that are reported as well as continuing to balance the units as the mod progresses, we can only do this with your continued feedback and bug reports to our dev-heaven site..

- [2.51] Added: new German and US voices

Are these the "radio" voices or an addition to Dac?

The new voices for 2.51 are for DAC only at the moment I'm afraid!

The day a mod adds German radio voices to the game will be a historical one!! :)

I wanted to begin such a project by myself and thus know what huge amount of work it is...

Well that day's almost upon you :) We've been looking into it for a while, we've now actually got a number of voices ready to be implemented but the code side of things is taking a bit more time than expected. We had hoped to include it in 2.5's release but last minute problems have continued to plague its production. Hopefully we'll have them talking German by 2.6!

So when will 2.51 be avalible for download????

As always, when its ready! Its a pretty lengthy process to ensure any release is setup correctly and real life always likes to get in the way and slow things down!

So this video proves the tracks on a hanamog can turn. How was it accomplished and why do I not see it. Meaning, is there something wrong on my end? OR ... did someone reclassifiy the Hanamog as a tank?

It's only just been implemented and we haven't yet released a patch that includes the changes so you won't see it just yet. The actual process of it still keep the hanomag working as it should (e.g. not as a tank with on the spot turning) but just enables the tracks to move through some clever magics beyond my ability to explain :)

If you have the months of time available to produce a bigger high quality map, please by all means apply to join the team! The main issue we have with overly large terrains is they cannot support the same level of detail we'd like to see on the terrain and still be able to run the map on most machines. Its much more likely you'll see more smaller focused maps with a high level of detail based on accurate data from the time where possible.

Download and use this island Huertgenwald and Hürtgenwald winter ...

This is the main bonus of ArmA2 mods, you are not limited to only the maps we include but any released by the community, so if/when you get sick of our environments, there's always plenty more you can use!

Last bit of patch news, we've finalised all the fixes, checked and not found any new issues with them (though that's not to say there aren't any that we might have missed...), its now a matter of final packing and documentation before we start distributing things again, keep you eyes peeled!

Edited by PacUK

- roads and bridges should be used properly by AI

Mmm...i'm afraid infantry will never be able to use bridges properly...

It could be fun, if we in some fare away feature could get hands on a Island like the Anjou and Enfilade42 Island for OFP in ARMA2.

They where a great deal of fun I recall and something like that, surely would be able to help mission makers (and us editor freaks) have something to play with.

Oh, and that new Opel, Carrier etc, is very good looking.

Looking forward to use them :)

Hello I44, i got some problems In the aloft night mission. The stars are as big as moons.?in the editor also at night.Whit other Islands its ok at night.Can i use I44CO mod whit the warfx blastcore mod?Because it aint work for me.Thx in advance

hey this looks really good.. i have A2, OA, BAF, PMC. do i need the combine ops disc or seeing that i have the games any way will this mod still work?