Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.5 (CO)

Why were all the downloads and Yoma server for this mod removed? I was really looking forward to toying with some mission concepts for it. Update today? :)

We're repackaging the installer with the new patch. Figured it would save you time to just download the new version. (and of course we'll have just the patch for those who have already downloaded it)

Sweet! Ready and waiting to update on Six Updater Network :)

We're repackaging the installer with the new patch. Figured it would save you time to just download the new version. (and of course we'll have just the patch for those who have already downloaded it)

Bravo! I suspected as much. The 'ol "Hold your fire to better drill them" ;)

Don't want to the be the party pooper here but has anyone been able to play this mod in dedicated servers without either the AI or the human players warping? SP missions seem to work alright but in mp everything and everybody warps (either a lot or some) no matter how good the server is and with 0 desync. Few of my buddies have confirmed this that even the Human players warp in mp but what are the experiences of rest of the community on this matter?

Here is an example what I was seeing in a server while playing alone, with ping of 17, 0 desync, the mission is the Left Behind and those are the first soldiers you encounter in that mission.

In SP i have no such issues.

I made a ticket about this:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/19273

Looks like a serverside setting. Ticket updated

Just a quick bit of news on the update 2.51, we're trying to address a few of the last small issues and get finished fixes tested before we pack them up for release. Should be out in the next couple of days. I'm also hoping to squeeze in a few small updates to some missions if I get time. Thanks to everyone who's used dev-heaven to report issues so far, if you have had any specific issues please report them and we'll do address them in future patches!

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/inv44

In playing aloft single player my ai are not very bright , its a wonder they all dont just run out in the open and yell shoot me im right here , but that would require thinking which they dont. The enemy is another story flanking and getting assistance immediately! fun and challenging for sure but my dilemma is the morters , i man them myself and can use them but the ai refuses to fire , am i missing something?

All in all a great big thank you to the I44 team as the ww2 stuff is what i like and this has made this game fun to play once again for me , keep up the great work!

Who would I have to speak with about possibly donating a model? A buddy of mine skinned it a while back and I felt it'd possibly become a welcome addition to I44.

Loving the mod - played Omaha last night, technically died 21 times but great immersion!

Has the invisible helmet bug been addressed in this latest release? Call me a stickler bit it really takes away from the experience when you are battling against the Nazi army wearing clear helmets, you know what they say, people who wear glass helmets shouldn't throw stones!

I think you have to turn AA off for the invisible helmet bug.

http://unitedoperations.net/Thread-I44-Event-8th-of-May-AAR

Small feedback/AAR from UO doing an I44 event with ~40 players.

Once again the awful player warping can be seen clearly. How can anybody stand up with that in the long run? And why don't ppl talk more about the big pink elephant in the room?

Here is a footage from a 40 player TvT and how tanking was absolutely horrible and gave me head ache:

+ they had the Mario Kart-mode enabled... :-/

Aus finally has a public server running I44 (thanks AEF).

Just brilliant MP guys, I mean there is atmosphere in SP for sure, but with a crew its just great!

Thanks again.

Advance and Secure ProMode now has support for I44, thanks kju and everyone involved for picking up the mod!

In playing aloft single player my ai are not very bright , its a wonder they all dont just run out in the open and yell shoot me im right here , but that would require thinking which they dont. The enemy is another story flanking and getting assistance immediately! fun and challenging for sure but my dilemma is the morters , i man them myself and can use them but the ai refuses to fire , am i missing something?

Macolik's been investigating the issue with AI's poor skills, patch 2.51 should help improve the standard AI settings. The mortars I'm not too sure about, I've seen AI use them once or twice when they aren't scripted to use them, but never had a clue what they are actually shooting at when it has happened. However if mortar units are scripted into the mission as built in artillery type support, then they should work.

Who would I have to speak with about possibly donating a model? A buddy of mine skinned it a while back and I felt it'd possibly become a welcome addition to I44.

Contacting one of the team members either here or in our public forums is the best way, send me a PM with some pics, full credits on who made it and we can take a look. Generally we try to source all work from within the team as submissions can be hard to trace the original source from.

Has the invisible helmet bug been addressed in this latest release? Call me a stickler bit it really takes away from the experience when you are battling against the Nazi army wearing clear helmets, you know what they say, people who wear glass helmets shouldn't throw stones!

Currently the issue only seems to occur on ATI cards, which as far as I know none of the team members have so we haven't yet been able to trace the bug by recreating it. The best suggestion right now is to lower/disable AA settings but we do hope to have a fix in the future after 2.51 also please let us know if you get the bug on NVidia cards!

http://unitedoperations.net/Thread-I44-Event-8th-of-May-AAR

Small feedback/AAR from UO doing an I44 event with ~40 players.

Seems pretty negative... sadface. Unfortunately none of the complaints really address what the issues were other than personal preference or a lack of ace support.

Once again the awful player warping can be seen clearly. How can anybody stand up with that in the long run? And why don't ppl talk more about the big pink elephant in the room?

Here is a footage from a 40 player TvT and how tanking was absolutely horrible and gave me head ache:

+ they had the Mario Kart-mode enabled... :-/

Maro Kart mode is third person view right? That's server settings so not something the mod can really control. Lag can rear its ugly head for a number of reason beyond the mods control, that vid appears to be a mission set on a different map which means its also a custom made mission so any number of scripts or settings could worsen it.

There are a few performance affecting issues that have been addressed for 2.51 and should hopefully help improve the mp experience and server stability. Patch 2.51 work continues and should be out sometime this week if all goes well!

re: rubber banding.

Again, I get this in std arma2 and oa when in other peoples vehicles depending on ping etc

ie slight rubberbanding/jumps/swerving off road/phantom crashing of helos/planes.

With UK players on good (for me) servers its hardly noticable, but on other servers its a pain but not game breaking. (for me)

Is it really an i44 issue? or is my set up screwey? I think its just a lag issue, but im no expert.

I'm not baiting, Id really like to know.

rgds

LoK

Aus finally has a public server running I44 (thanks AEF).

Just brilliant MP guys, I mean there is atmosphere in SP for sure, but with a crew its just great!

Thanks again.

Stay tuned to the AusArmA forums, we will be organizing an event soon for it.

Stay tuned to the AusArmA forums, we will be organizing an event soon for it.

Let us know and we'll post on our YT channel to attract a full crowd.

I noticed while playing the Domination version of Invasion 1944 that the track for the Hanamog (which may not be spelled correctly, sorry) are not animated. The boggies turn (or appear to) but not the tracks. The vehicle operates just fine, just the visiual (tracks) are off.

I noticed while playing the Domination version of Invasion 1944 that the track for the Hanamog (which may not be spelled correctly, sorry) are not animated. The boggies turn (or appear to) but not the tracks. The vehicle operates just fine, just the visiual (tracks) are off.

The way I understand it is that this is a game engine limitation which affects all halftracks because they are classed and configured as trucks?

It's always been the same with halftracks since OFP days but doesn't detract

any enjoyment from an essential piece of WW2 hardware.

Awesome Mod btw, looking forward to 2.51!

EyztZr9Pjt4

Looks great but why cant I find version 2.5 anywhere?

Because we're releasing a new version soon (and patch for previous one).