Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.5 (CO)

We had some issues getting the various colours working, though I do believe Macolik has now fixed that issue and it should be resolved in an upcoming patch. I know its a real chore having to manually edit marker colours so it'll be great to have them working as intended again!

This is kind of along the same lines, but is there anyway that the date select can re enabled from 1949 (I believe that is the I44 cutoff) back to 2020 as the max year? I just thought it'd be easier to be able to select any date, rather than turning off I44 just to select it while editing.

great mod, tons of fun. but how do you guys make the night maps that are visible(greyed out). everytime i make a night mission, its just blackness.

Night missions are difficult, in Warfare mode mortars using flare round can light up the battlefield.

For me, its made some incredibly tense missions.

Actually, thinking about it isn't the British commandos mission grey rather than full black? or is it just the time of night that is set?

rgds

LoK

It might be because those missions are set at a date where there is a full moon (haven't actualy checked the dates ,but I geuss that might be the case). Try that.

Another question: are you planning to enable the vehicle radar or top-down view for (armored) vehicles so that you are able to see the turret facing relative to the vehicle's hull?

I guess the answer will include a comment about the vehicle radar and realism so the follow-on question is: is it possible to have the turret and hull facing information without the vehicle radar?

Also some folk cant get the auto weapon rest functioning in mp. Any tips?

What about the other modes like semi-auto and manual user actions, or key press?

If it's not working for some, could they perhaps have lower spec PC's?

My only slight caveat is that id like to see more enterable buildings, this was a2's flaw for me (rectified by baf)

Also some folk cant get the auto weapon rest functioning in mp. Any tips?

As only Jojimbo has the source files for Omaha there's very little we can do to add more at this point, there's also the issue of which buildings we have available to us that fit in with the era. We do have some buildings in construction for future maps/versions of Omaha so you might see more as things go on.

With the weapons resting, what exactly is the problem? Is it on missions included with the release, or ones you're making yourself? The module must be placed, then by default you just need to walk up to an object such as a sandbag, or window ledge, and when close enough an icon will appear in the bottom right to show its supported. As UNN said there's also the other activation methods available should you not want it to be automatic.

great mod, tons of fun. but how do you guys make the night maps that are visible(greyed out). everytime i make a night mission, its just blackness.

The grey/black and white affect is done using a camera setting so that players can see more light than there actually is, though this can cause the AI to appear a little dumb in that they do not have the same advantage, just type the following into the init of any vehicle or unit:

setAperture 0.1;

It might be because those missions are set at a date where there is a full moon (haven't actualy checked the dates ,but I geuss that might be the case). Try that.

Some of the night time missions are set to nights with more of a moon as we are unable to design our own moon cycle we're stuck with ArmA2's, hence Aloft set on the 5th/early 6th of june is actually on a different ingame date so that there is a moon and a reasonable amount of light when used with setAperture command above.

This is kind of along the same lines, but is there anyway that the date select can re enabled from 1949 (I believe that is the I44 cutoff) back to 2020 as the max year? I just thought it'd be easier to be able to select any date, rather than turning off I44 just to select it while editing.

I believe ArmA2 only allows a range of years to be selected, and all we've done is rename those years. (I could be wrong its not something I did personally nor know how to do).

Another question: are you planning to enable the vehicle radar or top-down view for (armored) vehicles so that you are able to see the turret facing relative to the vehicle's hull?

I guess the answer will include a comment about the vehicle radar and realism so the follow-on question is: is it possible to have the turret and hull facing information without the vehicle radar?

As far as I'm aware the vehicle turret indicator is linked to the actual vehicle radar showing enemy vehicles, hence when the radar was removed so was the hull information. I'm pretty sure there's no way to display one and not the other so unfortunately its doubtful you'll see this return (as we had many people complaining about the radar being unrealistic and so on).

- Axis needs another fighter. Was going to slap together a quick FW-190, but discovered you guys already did one back in OFP with some very nice textures. Any reason you can't add it to your to-do list?

We've got a lot of content in previous versions of I44 that aren't in 2.5, there can be several reasons for this, such as the original author's no longer with us, or we no longer have the original source files, or its not up to scratch to be in the ArmA2 version... or a few other reasons. Since I've been a member I've never seen that unit at all. If we did have it, slapping it in our to do list would add it at the bottom of a very long list :) I'll keep an eye out for it though. I would expect the main reason is that its from OFP so isn't near high enough quality for the mod, and to convert and update it would require man-power we just do not have. There's still only a handful of us working on I44 so we need to pick and choose our projects wisely to maintain its quality of content.

Could you add binocular case, mapcase to the officers? Add more different ranks variations for lieutant, captain,major&etc.? And also adding tank crew officers?

Hello all

A quick note to say thanks for the module info, i asked before i found out how simple it was. I had another chap ask me about it online, so i incorrectly assumed there may be an issue.

I think we both assumed it was automatically enabled.

Apologies.

Again, Great mod.

Rgds

Lok

Edited by orlok

Don't want to the be the party pooper here but has anyone been able to play this mod in dedicated servers without either the AI or the human players warping? SP missions seem to work alright but in mp everything and everybody warps (either a lot or some) no matter how good the server is and with 0 desync. Few of my buddies have confirmed this that even the Human players warp in mp but what are the experiences of rest of the community on this matter?

Here is an example what I was seeing in a server while playing alone, with ping of 17, 0 desync, the mission is the Left Behind and those are the first soldiers you encounter in that mission.

In SP i have no such issues.

I made a ticket about this:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/19273

Hello there

I get that effect, albeit not as constantly, in regular arma, which makes long range sniping a pain.

Ive not noticed player warping, but have seen flickers of single troops moving across the battlefield at almost light speed. Just assumed it was a synching error.

Rgds

Lok

Since I've been a member I've never seen that unit at all. If we did have it, slapping it in our to do list would add it at the bottom of a very long list :)

Thanks for the reply.

FYI, that picture is my unit, not "yours".

I did find a FW190 in an old OFP release of I44, but that picture is not it.

The picture is early work on the freeware 3d model I found, but the model is turning out to be a mess.

Having to do 100% new main wings, new cockpit, new nose area.

If it gets close to release (rough as it might be) I'll try to balance it to I44

I'd love to offer my services to "balance" and repair the other aircraft in your modd, but with RL stuff killing my spare time I can't promise anything or be relied upon these days.

I've found a great video on youtube that I believe uses the Invasion 44 units that recreates a scene from Saving Private Ryan here
, and IMO is one of the factors that sets this mod apart from the others. That being the level of detail coupled with the ability to do so many things in ArmA Also, even though Omaha is a small map, it seems as if the level of detail on terrain elevation sets it worlds apart from the 31st WWII Normandy map. And don't get me wrong, they have great stuff coming out also. But for what the mod guys at I44 have done thus far, it makes it a much more enjoyable mod than any other WWII game I've played. I don't know if this answered the question from just an observer that well.

And also ChiefRedCloud, thank you for still playing at 63 years old. Myself being 32 this year, I was able to point out to my wife that I, in fact, am not the only one playing ArmA outside of my teenage years, lol. BTW, thanks for serving our Country.

Was MY honor to server and would again ........ as soon as they create a NEW Dads Army ..... LOL

Gnat;1910304']Thanks for the reply.

FYI' date=' that picture is my unit, not "yours".

I did find a FW190 in an old OFP release of I44, but that picture is not it.

The picture is early work on the freeware 3d model I found, but the model is turning out to be a mess.

Having to do 100% new main wings, new cockpit, new nose area.

If it gets close to release (rough as it might be) I'll try to balance it to I44

I'd love to offer my services to "balance" and repair the other aircraft in your modd, but with RL stuff killing my spare time I can't promise anything or be relied upon these days.[/quote']

Not to turn down the mod because I really love it. But they indeed have to balance a lot of vehicles. I'm not sure if all the vehicles are balance to each other. For example when playing pvp camping at forgotten honour our panzer 4 was easily nocked out by a flak gun. But we shot 4 shells on it and nothing happened 100% functional. I guess the flak is doing so much damage because the planes are flying fortresses and simply are indestructible so it does need to do a lot damage to destroy planes but I don't think it should be able to destroy a panzer 4.

Hey Guys i found this video with dinamic english and german voices ...but i cant hear this in the new version 2.5 whats the problem ?

Hey Guys i found this video with dinamic english and german voices ...but i cant hear this in the new version 2.5 whats the problem ?

There is a link I posted a few pages back for a Dynamic German Voices pack made by someone outside of the I44 team. Maybe its that?

Those are not in the mod. It's just a user created video. Nicely done I might add.

Will we see something like this in 2.6:

Ps. How come on one commented the Human warping in mp? Is this not happening to others?

where can i find the dl link???
on the first page of this topic ;)

on the first page of this topic ;)

How about actually looking before answering. On the first page there is only "DOWNLOADS OFFLINE PENDING UPDATE "

Why were all the downloads and Yoma server for this mod removed? I was really looking forward to toying with some mission concepts for it. Update today? :)

Shame! Me too. I was hoping to DL it and try it this weekend. All those videos have got my mouth watering. I dream of a day where I could setup a campaign that would chronicle the build up of the Maquis du Vercors as well as their brutal suppression.

Edited by domokun