Sign in to follow this  
chicago

Satellite view (SATCOM)

Is this on the main deck of the LHD? I believe you need to use 15.9, not 14.9

If I was at my home computer, I could test this for you. I'm not, so I'm flyin' blind here...

Also, once you get the laptop(notebook) where you want it, I made the add action check to make sure you're within 4 meters, so if you want, change that value.

You can add this to whomever you want. Maybe I'm confused about what you are asking. If you don't add the other unit/units, they will not have the action unless they are Delta Force satcom operator, or carrying a satcom terminal pack. Although you could probably just remove those from the config.cpp to eliminate them

Check out the manual, it gives you the info I think you're after

well i used addon version, i also use ace, and i did put that line into the init to make it available for the player. But i don't see any backpack, or action menu entry or whatever. I'm confused, i already looked into the manual, but i can't get it working so far..

addon version works, but i don't have the satcom option when i die..is it somehow possible to add a line to the init or the respawn script to restore the satcom action menu entry again, so in my dynamic mission when i get revived (ace) or respawn (mission is similar to domination) , the action is available again ?? i wasn#t able to use the script version..didn't work for me ..no clue .. or could somebody give me an example for the init, that i have to use for the script version? I'm not that familiar with it and the example on the hp or the manual isn't working for me..i think i simply don't get it :)

@ Chicago

First I'd like to say... I love your SATCOM mod. I use it all the time. Very fluid and stable...its what makes a great MOD.

I have a quick idea for you that would add an even more immersive feel. Simply put...can you change the angle of the camera/satellite angle to emulate the satellite moving over head? Just an idea.

Thanks for your time and take care.

addon version works, but i don't have the satcom option when i die..is it somehow possible to add a line to the init or the respawn script to restore the satcom action menu entry again, so in my dynamic mission when i get revived (ace) or respawn (mission is similar to domination) , the action is available again ?? i wasn#t able to use the script version..didn't work for me ..no clue .. or could somebody give me an example for the init, that i have to use for the script version? I'm not that familiar with it and the example on the hp or the manual isn't working for me..i think i simply don't get it :)

<nevermind, there is an example mission packed with it, how did I miss that?>

I found the installation video and the quick install instructions to be incongruent, I think the example mission is a far better reference for usage.

I do have one question though, how do you re-activate satcom view after you've left it in the example mission?

Please tell me this is possible.

...actually it doesn't seem like any of the controls work at all.

Edited by Pd3

I'd first like to start by saying I'm a new member of these forums but a long-time player of Arma2/OA. I'm also a novice mod-user, but love the great work and effort put into this game by the mod creators, and look foward to learning a great deal more about modding.

My issue is this: I've recently downloaded the (awesome) SATCOM mod and have used it flawlessly in vanilla maps (using SF SAToperator). However, when I try to implement the FLIR (WH) function on a custom map, I see the white AI heat signatures, but the background is black; I.E. no buildings. When I switch to BH, the screen turns all white (as if im using NVG in daytime). This is a problem I'm having not just with this addon, but most other FLIR options in custom maps.I've checked the forums and the SATCOM website and couldnt find the answer. Any help or suggestions to help solve this issue? Many thanks.

P.S. Please keep up the great work!

I'd first like to start by saying I'm a new member of these forums but a long-time player of Arma2/OA. I'm also a novice mod-user, but love the great work and effort put into this game by the mod creators, and look foward to learning a great deal more about modding.

My issue is this: I've recently downloaded the (awesome) SATCOM mod and have used it flawlessly in vanilla maps (using SF SAToperator). However, when I try to implement the FLIR (WH) function on a custom map, I see the white AI heat signatures, but the background is black; I.E. no buildings. When I switch to BH, the screen turns all white (as if im using NVG in daytime). This is a problem I'm having not just with this addon, but most other FLIR options in custom maps.I've checked the forums and the SATCOM website and couldnt find the answer. Any help or suggestions to help solve this issue? Many thanks.

P.S. Please keep up the great work!

Was gonna post this as well.

On the new ACR maps, I am getting the same problem. For white (heat shows white) everything is pitch black. Same goes for black heat. This is on any new ACR map. I am guessing its something inside the script that doesn't recognize the new maps? To add; I am using the Script version.

Besides that it's a great idea! I got the idea to put it in my mission from MSO and it looks stunning in it!

Not sure if the Author(s) are still around. But just wanted to get this thrown out there that I am running into this problem.

P.S. I did turn Post Processing on, and same issue. With or without PP on.

-Cheers

I think I had a similar problem on Thirsk, and the solution is very simple: just select a different day / year for your mission in the editor. Keep looking until proper textures show up in heat vision while using the addon.

I think I had a similar problem on Thirsk, and the solution is very simple: just select a different day / year for your mission in the editor. Keep looking until proper textures show up in heat vision while using the addon.

I tried this for awhile today. Couldn't get any positive results out of it :(

See my post here for more info:

Thread: Issues with thermal optic modes in camera.sqf

Could be related to this bug report:

Bug #16096

And as stated by GvsE, thermal imaging works best during "warm" periods of the year. Does not work so well during cold

Yup this was it. Related to the bug where Dec - March it does not work best at all. April - Nov works just fine. When I must have been changing day / year / months yesterday, but only picking Winter months, as my mission is set in the winter time frame. Luckily Nov is still winter, so I can use that. Also works fine with SATCOM as well.

I also noticed that is a 2 year old bug according to DevH. Wish BI would get onto that...

Regardless, all works now. Fabulous script! Thanks for the help.

Thanks for notification of this bug. I'm gonna post it to the Known errors section in satcom manual. Unfortunately I don't see any chance to fix it on my own. Hopefully devs will change that soon or maybe in Arma 3 ;)

New mod or update v1.51 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@pxs_satcom.png

@ PIXEL ART STUDIO;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.