Sign in to follow this  
chicago

Satellite view (SATCOM)

Well, I finished next update for this addon. In the version 1.51 there was fixed a issue with NIL VARIABLE in ACE 2 and the other problems which I found they were solved.

Change list:

v1.51

- fixed problems with ACE2

- updated the example mission

Downloads:

Satellite view for OA, CO (addon version), v1.51

Satellite view for OA, CO (script version), v1.51

Satellite view for A2 (addon version), v1.51

Satellite view for A2 (script version), v1.51

Edited by chicago

Hey Chicago,

Loving this satellite view. Would it be possible to have full mouse control (to move the crosshairs etc). Also could you increase the amount that the mouse wheel adds to the zoom as I'm gonna wear mine out while zooming in or out :)

Would it be possible to have full mouse control (to move the crosshairs etc). Also could you increase the amount that the mouse wheel adds to the zoom as I'm gonna wear mine out while zooming in or out :)

So the mouse wheel for zoom it was meant as soft zoom. Now I am wondering that I will add the possibility of full move and zoom control for mouse. But the main goal for next release is to implement the artillery support into the SATCOM system.

Hey m8!

Fantastic addon, really thx for this one! I just implemented it in a MSO - easy going.

How did you manage to merge the stringtable.xml used with this and the stringtable.csv used by the MSO.

When I put this in the MSO the two files clashed and stopped AI recruitment from working.

How did you manage to merge the stringtable.xml used with this and the stringtable.csv used by the MSO.

When I put this in the MSO the two files clashed and stopped AI recruitment from working.

You have to take the strings from stringtable.xml and insert it into stringtable.csv

For example:

stringtable.csv

LANGUAGE,"English"
STR_PXS_STATUS_1,"SatCom system is connected."

stringtable.xml

<Key ID="STR_PXS_STATUS_1">
<English>SatCom system is connected.</English>
</Key>

I would like to use the script version, but cant seem to get it to work in a mission.

I would like to use the script version, but cant seem to get it to work in a mission.

Well, I need better specification of your problem. The exact progress of installation this version you can find in on-line manual or there is a

You have to take the strings from stringtable.xml and insert it into stringtable.csv

For example:

stringtable.csv

LANGUAGE,"English"
STR_PXS_STATUS_1,"SatCom system is connected."

stringtable.xml

<Key ID="STR_PXS_STATUS_1">
<English>SatCom system is connected.</English>
</Key>

Thank you chicago a nice clear explanation of how to sort the problem

Well appriciated :)

i cant seem to find a way to enable the sattelite so i can view it and stear it. i can do it with addon version, but i cant do that with the script version.

has the ambient animals bug been fixed yet?

Unfortunately no yet. I am still working on it but I am starting to be helpless because of that problem. I cannot see any way to fix it :mad:. So if someone want to help I will be glad.

---------- Post added at 05:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 AM ----------

i cant seem to find a way to enable the sattelite so i can view it and stear it. i can do it with addon version, but i cant do that with the script version.

Any error messages? It will be better If you would be able to show some video with your problem because with the description what you wrote so I can´t help you.

what im saying is. you have a video, and a flash based web site that include many lines of code. why not place that code someplace so we can copy it instead of writing it from scratch. i myself have a hard time going back and forth over and over just to type 1 of the 20 or 30 lines i need. i think if this was easier to use(script version) it would be very popular.

what im saying is. you have a video, and a flash based web site that include many lines of code. why not place that code someplace so we can copy it instead of writing it from scratch. i myself have a hard time going back and forth over and over just to type 1 of the 20 or 30 lines i need. i think if this was easier to use(script version) it would be very popular.

Well, I understand now. It's not bad idea I think that I can create some function or script list with the all request commands for easier usage. Something as copy and paste stuff. Thank you for your idea :).

i got it working but get this error, seems to work though -

Error in expression <set[(count _stations), [_s, _d, _x]];

} forEach _retrans;

_neighborized = [];

>

Error position: <forEach _retrans;

_neighborized = [];

>

Error foreach: Type Script, expected Array

File idi\clients\acre\addons\sys_retrans\fnc_retransList.sqf, line 21

Bad conversion: string

it obviously has to do with acre which quite a few people use. but not really a big deal

Yes it looks like problem of acre. There's some issue from string in foreach command but I don't know what this script is doing. I have to download it and look at this. Then I can say more. Do you use it with ACE too?

Hey everyone,

I want to announce that I made the Easy installation guide which you can use for easy copy/paste usage. There are installation instruction which they explained in simple way. This is only a bonus for on-line manual and all information about SATCOM system you can find there.

I got this installed and working but i am running into a problem. The overall script works but it will not display text in the scroll menu. It is there its just invisible. I want to make the satcom available off of an object through add action menu but when using a named object instead of player i still run into the problem of no text showing up.

0 = [player,"on"] execVM "pxs_satcom_oa\init_satellite.sqf";

Currently using ACE and ACRE.

Found a temporary fix for what im doing

mission Init.sqf

0 = [player,"off"] execVM "pxs_satcom_oa\init_satellite.sqf";

Init of the object i want to use

this addAction ["SATCOM","pxs_satcom_oa\start_satellite.sqf"];

Edited by Cytreen

Well, your first definition in init.sqf is correct but for the second definition you have to use the function:

[<name of your object>, "ON"] call PXS_switcher;

This function is implemented in SATCOM system and it creates the action in the scroll menu itself for defined unit / object.

I have tried that with the named objects when i first got it working in mission but the scroll menu Text and visible the first time it ran but once i output to run on a dedicated server the text was just invisible to players but still completely accessible. It must have been one of toughs strange bugs that occur i guess but my work around fixed the issue and the text is now visible again. i dont think it was a script issue just fluke bug.

i wonder sense im running it from <Player> "off" and allowing access from the objects intended "notebook" through addAction. IF it will cause problems when there is 30 or so players on the server. With my way i currently have it set to be accessible from 2 objects but if it turns out to to cause bad server FPS when being called from <player> "off". Im going to change it to a <object> "off" and exec through addAction.

Running all of ACE and ACRE addons.

Could someone please explain to me how i can get a static Satellite view working that can be used via a action ?

Hello guys. Can someone walk me through on how i can set up a terminal on a laptop. I would like to have a laptop which would have a action SATCOM and it would activate the satellite view to whoever have pushed the action.

Hello guys. Can someone walk me through on how i can set up a terminal on a laptop. I would like to have a laptop which would have a action SATCOM and it would activate the satellite view to whoever have pushed the action.

Are you using the addon or script version? Arma 2 or OA?

I use the addon version, and am running Combined Ops.

Here is what I have done to add the option to launch the satellite from Mando's Air Support Console:

In your init.sqf file, place the following line if you do not want the option available at mission start:

nul = ["","OFF"] execVM "pxs_satcom_oa\init_satellite.sqf";

Then, I launch the satellite with a button selection which has the following:

nul = execVM "pxs_satcom_oa\start_satellite.sqf";

It is not perfect, but works rather nicely. You could use similar approach to add an action to the laptop.

Place this in the laptop's init:

this addAction["SATCOM", "pxs_satcom_oa\start_satellite.sqf", [],1, false, true, "", "(_target distance _this) < 4"]

I pulled that out of my a$$, but I can't test it right now.

OMG wonderful things are coming out of your a$$. It works great. Thx brother! :D One more question. i put this line because i have the pc on the aircraft carrier and now the addaction for the SATCOM does not show. Do you know what maybe the problem. I m running on ACE. this setPosASL [(getPosASL this) select 0, (getPosASL this) select 1, 14.9] Thx

Edited by Odyseus