Sign in to follow this  
jalh

New player. I need some help.

I would like to buy the complete game with all exp packs and download contect and i need some help knowing what exp and download content.

Does this come with the game or just the exp pack ?

This contains the original ArmA2 game plus the Operation Arrowhead expansion but not the two available DLCs.

Get Combined Ops (A2 and OA) and Reinforcements (OA without missions, BAF, PMC) unless you get the individual releases cheaper.

....and after you are done buying all that, prepare for the best game you have ever played. It has a big learning curve for a fps, but trust me it all pays off in the end! :)

click on the banner on the top of the page

there you can get combined ops + baf and pmc for 63,83 us$ (atleast i can, that lives outside of eu )

And by buying trhough sprocket, you'll support the developers more thasn buying it elswere

That being said, you realy don't need baf + pmc, since "light" versions of them are released with the latest patches.

lite ver = low res textures,low quality sounds and no campaing or missions

That being said, you realy don't need baf + pmc, since "light" versions of them are released with the latest patches.
To elaborate, you dont "need" pmc/baf DLC to play with them online MP as you can play with people who have those DLC's but you will see everything and hear everything low quality (but at least you wont get kicked from a server) if you do get them you get full version with all high quality.

As you did state you wanted all of it then suggestions above are the best, depending on your pref whether it be hard copy then go with Celery's option if you dont mind non physical download and throwing money more toward developer BIS then go with Noraf :)

My purpose is to be able to play online and not get kicked out of server because im missing content ( exp pack, dlc, etc etc) I know that i have to get Combined operations because it contains :

Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA

and arma 2 reinforcements because it contains the other 2 additionals dlc which are :

Arma 2: British Armed Forces

Arma 2: Private Military

am i in the right path ?

sorry guys, im a noob when it comes to this game so that is why i need your help

thank you guys !

You are on the right path :)

As mentioned, even if you didnt get the DLC content you wont get kicked, thats the point, you get "lite" low res version even without DLC purchase. But, anyway to have all of it is best.

yes, you're on the right path, just need one more thing, and you're set :

patience!

This game has an enormous learnigcurve, so try the training missions first ( oa's are better than the a2 ones btw, so start with them, but do them all )