Sign in to follow this  
jaynus

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.2 Stable (TS3 pre) - Release Thread

@CannonousCrash: As already said by CoolFire, if there are more than one sound device listed in the options of TS then that is the most likely source of the cut-outs. Please check for that.

I only have one Device in the 'capture device' If you're meaning somewhere else could you point me to it please

Is the latest version of TS not compatible with ACRE? As I updated and now in the main TS Text channel (says who is online, offline ect.) after ACRE Plugin has initialized it will constantly write up OK 5 or so seconds apart

Is the latest version of TS not compatible with ACRE? As I updated and now in the main TS Text channel (says who is online, offline ect.) after ACRE Plugin has initialized it will constantly write up OK 5 or so seconds apart

The last stable release, 3.0.0-rc1, its suported, the last beta release has the issue you mentioned ^^, so i supose it isn't supported xD.

Its fine, but I am at least not sure of what this "ok" message is from. :p It doesn't seem to be causing any harm though, other than being annoying.

Is there any way to roll back to RC1 for TS? The Spam of the OK's/Error is rather annoying.

Hope you fix that soon! In the meantime I've muted her :)

Edited by Lerxster

Its fine, but I am at least not sure of what this "ok" message is from. :p It doesn't seem to be causing any harm though, other than being annoying.

Yeah, just updated TS and getting this. It's very, very annoying. lol.

Hopefully you can get a fix soon.

I only have one Device in the 'capture device' If you're meaning somewhere else could you point me to it please

That is exactly what I mean. Strange that you are getting the error then.

---------- Post added at 06:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 AM ----------

Is there any way to roll back to RC1 for TS? The Spam of the OK's/Error is rather annoying.

http://filehippo.com/download_teamspeak/

Dear sirs, thank you for this fine addon. We've been enjoying it for many months. Totally awesome...thx

Very recently, different players have been freezing and having to ctl+alt+del to get out of game. (goes away after we take out acre and jayarma2lib.)

If you have any troubleshooting ideas, any advice would be greatly appreciated

over and out CHHHH

We deleted everything and tried the installer to no avail

Edited by katdogfizzow

an idear how you can solve your problem..

please use the bugtracker, discribe the situation best as possible and add the RPT from Arma..

the most infos are in the RPT(eg what problem cause the crash).

Ditto? When?

We had issues with our server and my build environment (my computer tanked).

Use the manual zip install.

@everyone else:

Hi. I just got out of bed finally. I've been bed-ridden sick with the flu for 6 days. Like, literally, I didn't get out of bed. For 6 days.

Nou and I should hopefully be able to start cranking on things again shortly to fix up, update for new TS3, get some new features finalized, and stuff like that.

As mentioned above - this thread is the worst possible way to tell us problems. We'll ignore you most of the time. Please use the tracker:

http://tracker.idi-systems.com/projects/acre/issues

Thanks.

Edited by jaynus

We had issues with our server and my build environment (my computer tanked).

Use the manual zip install.

@everyone else:

Hi. I just got out of bed finally. I've been bed-ridden sick with the flu for 6 days. Like, literally, I didn't get out of bed. For 6 days.

Nou and I should hopefully be able to start cranking on things again shortly to fix up, update for new TS3, get some new features finalized, and stuff like that.

As mentioned above - this thread is the worst possible way to tell us problems. We'll ignore you most of the time. Please use the tracker:

http://tracker.idi-systems.com/projects/acre/issues

Thanks.

Thanks, hope you feel better...I created a bug tracker. Thx for the help. Again, we enjoy the hell out of this masterpiece...Im sure we screwed something up

I also forgot to mention I have pretty much rewritten the signal code from the ground up.

It is much more reliable now, and in a lot of cases much faster. Attenuation from buildings and things is also much more reliable and accurate. :)

This is a fantastic addon and over on the tactical-gamer server we use the ACRE system every night. I was wondering if there were any future plans of adding CW (morse code) to the system? In situations where background noise level and/or distance will prevent voice communications from being heard, CW/Morse Code will often "get through" on the amateur radio bands that I operate.

Great addon, keep up the awesome work!

I've been trying to work up a simple readio rebro script using the retransmit api function calls. Sadly I'm really not much of a scripter so I was wondering if you could help me out?

I have an object in game named "ae" with the init line:

nul0 = [this, 47.350, 51.850, 20000] execVM "rebro.sqf"

The ACRE wiki suggests the api must be called clientside, so for this to work on a dedi server, I believe the script can be as simple as:

_ae = _this select 0
_freq1 = _this select 1
_freq2 = _this select 2
_pwr = _this select 3

[_ae, _freq1, _freq2, _pwr] call acre_api_fnc_attachRxmtToObj;

Now what about adding electronic warfare into the mix. In real life normal radio waves are omnidirectional and can be pinpointed using triangulation. In theory it should be possible to direct artillery onto radio signals (assuming they are strong enough!)

Or even better ... direct jamming of signals prior to an attack (could be used in concert with the ANTI-Chat mod that is just out)

please post suggestions, thoughts or anything else to the tracker please.

Just curious... if version check was turned off on this MOD ... ie stop looking at the arma version and the ts version... ie universal setting. Would the program break for these minor changes in TS and ARMA... Barring the TS rewrite...

I am yet to see a CBA version change that breaks it....

Just trying to lighten your work load...

Thanks.

oh yeh... and for the Flu... drink lots of RUM.

Edited by gonk

The popup about someone using a new version has been drastically cut down, yes.

I've been trying to look at the wiki to see the core differences in functionality between the prc-119 and prc-117, but other than the prc-119 going up to twice as much power and the prc-117 having a long antenna, I can't really tell much.

Most importantly, only the prc-119 actually has a maximum range estimation for each power setting... Does it mean it'll give significantly better performance than the prc-117, or will the antenna of the prc-117 make it more effective? I know the prc-148 is a less effective radio, but by how much?

Reason I ask is that I gave radiomen prc-117 and pilots prc-119, and when far away the radioman could easily hear the pilot but the pilot could not hear the radioman at all (unless he was very close, way less than 1 kilometer), even though the pilot did not touch his radio settings and the radioman set his power to maximum.

The 117 is a better radio (though it doesn't have PA power on it, but that will be changing soon).

The 117 can cover a larger frequency range, and has two dedicated antennas, one for VHF and UHF.

Make sure that you are both on the same frequency and power levels (or close power levels). If the pilot is talking at 40w he is going to be able to talk a lot further.

Also there were some issues with the signal code and pilots, or long long distances. Those should be cleared up now.

Technically the 148 is more effective radio than the 119 (when not in car, again that will change soon though as well).

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Also, we found a blush inducing bug just now.... :D It probably explains a lot of issues over the last few months regarding radio signals. :D

OK, so I guess I don't need to modify anything and just wait for the next update? :)

Also, will I be able to remove the radios from pilots next update? As in, will they be able to use the vehicle radio? Or are those still in the works?

*Bumping*

Pls update thread as version 1.3.1.401 is already available.

Many thanks in advance

and

a million thanks to ACRE Team for making shizznit as awesome as is.