Sign in to follow this  
jaynus

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.2 Stable (TS3 pre) - Release Thread

Handle ACRE through Six Updater and it's a matter of like 2 clicks. dsound.dll, acre_winXX.dll, all handled for ya.

The following link will select @ACRE mod and @JayArma2Lib mods (first have to install + run the updater at least once), and will start the game as admin too.

sixupdater://mod=43a33648-962d-11df-8d10-001517bd964c

As server admin, if you combine it with a SU CustomRepos with TS3 information and auto connectability; http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+CustomRepos_Setup

it should bring the ultimate comfort hosting ACRE+TS3 in your community.

Edited by Sickboy

Installation of the files is working fine from both six or from zip files. Thye install to the right locations (arma 2 directory and plugins directory). Something is not working right with the dsound.dll as when I try and run as admin, arma crashes due to that dll (at least according to the windows error message) If i run as normal user, arma doesn;t crash, but TS3 doesn't connect. 'm due it is something in the setup on my PC rather than the Dsound.dll itself, but I just cant put my finger on what could be missing or conflicting with it.

What other packages are required to run that file? i down loaded the C++redist for both 2008 and 2010 as suggested in the Jayarma2lib thread, but it doesn't seem to have helped. I've removed and reinstalled TS3 RC1 and ACRE/Jay at least three times in past few days without result. Is there anything else that could be missing?

It has me totally stumped. It is my favorite mod too and since my squad uses it, being without it has nearly made arma unplayable now :)

@jaynus: Could you tell us what's planned for the 1.3?

E.g. More features? More stable? Easier install?

I.e. For the initiated, is it worth holding out for?

BTW thx for all your great work so far. I voted for you guys a few months back so I was stoked to see you win. I'm also pleased to see that it's only improving.

1.3's current working changelog (still fleshing out bugs from it).

Again - not released yet. And we are currently fleshing out bugs from our testers.

You can see our progress on finalizing 1.3 @ http://tracker.idi-systems.com/projects/acre/issues

-- 1.3 RC1 --

* Added: Vehicle racks are now fully implemented. See http://tracker.idi-systems.com/projects/acre/wiki/Vehicle_Racks for details

* Added: Vehicle racks now support "speaker mode" for other people to hear them

* Added: Players dead, or in "spectate" mode, now get a self interaction for modifying spectator mode settings

* Added: api functions. acre_api_fnc_getDisplayName, acre_api_fnc_rack_mountRadio

* Fixed: Ace "on-back" was broken again (http://tracker.idi-systems.com/issues/73)

* Fixed: Turned in/out attenuation for LAV-25's fixed. dumb animation names (http://tracker.idi-systems.com/issues/74)

* Fixed: Bradley's now have proper cargo compartment attenuation

* Fixed: Vodnik gunners were perma-turned out, but had turned in attenuation

* Fixed: startSpeaking didnt trigger on channel change (http://tracker.idi-systems.com/issues/77)

* Fixed: hasKindOfRadio didnt work (http://tracker.idi-systems.com/issues/78)

Can someone please point me to a link or something of the sort where the retransmit functions and operations are explained?

1. Make sure you are running a supported beta patch if your running beta.

2. Make sure you are actually running up-to-date 1.59 patched

3. Make sure you are not using anything illegal; jayarma2lib does not support that.

I'm not running beta

I installed version 1.59

I have bought the game

And game still crashes when starting

I have lost the black radio information window at the right bottom of the screen when I press the radio button (1.2.10).

Found the issue: I had disabled the shift-lock function for CAPSLOCK in windows (via registry). The black windows is back when i enable it again.

When will the installation 32 bit installer files be available again?

Edited by Rasa-be

So, if everything seems to work fine if I open up a sp mission, but doesn't work at all when running in my server. (The only thing that works is shift+control+v and it states that there's no radio there, even though there is one in my inventory.) Then what am I doing wrong? :-/

It also works when I create a non-dedicated server.... So is it something I have to set on my dedicated?

Edit number 2:

I found some info stating that the server needs ACRE as well, so I've uploaded it and added it to the starting parameters of the server.

Fired up the server, tried a mission, and still nothing. :-/

Tried it last night with some friends, using my own computer as a host and it worked for three of us.

Two of us received the message "connecting failed" and when we started a mission without ACRE, they could connect.

These guys aren't the most tech-savy and I try to help them as much as I can over Skype, but there's always lots of room for errors.

Anyone have any idea of what's going on?

Server is running on Linux, using latest patches and CBA.

No error messages at all, I guess they are only client-side anyways, and the only thing stating that ACRE is enabled is that the default radio has been replaced, and as I stated before, the command shift+control+v works.

Halp! :-/

Edit 3

GOT IT WORKING!

For all you other linux-dedicated-server, do not forget to rename the @ACRE to @acre and inside @acre rename the Addons to addons.

(And to include the userconfig for acre. For some reason, the server wants to know what buttons to use too.)

Thanks for all the help... or something ;-)

Edited by crazyrobban

Does anyone know if the version of the TS3 server has any effect on ACRE functionality?

If so what version of TS3 server should be used?

Does anyone know if the version of the TS3 server has any effect on ACRE functionality?

If so what version of TS3 server should be used?

The server version should not matter.

when will the 32bit version back online?

About the retransmit feature, i tried this line based on your wiki, i put it in the init.sqf and named one of your antennas "relay":

[relay, 80.025, 81.025, 20000] call acre_api_fnc_attachRxmtToObj;

however it doesn't work, one frequency cannot communicate with the other and it's not boosting the power at all.

So unless there is something missing from your wiki, this feature isn't working.

Edited by Fisgas

I get this error when starting arma, then it crashes. the teamspeak plugin is active and everything is in the right place. I used the six updater to install. what do?

Include file idi\clients\global\addons\main\script_mod.hpp not found

Edit: when i remove the mods from use, all is fine so it must be an issue with ACRE?

Edited by Spec_Ops_Sniper

@Spec_Ops_Sniper: Try deleting the @ACRE folder and install it one more time. That should help.

Boxter is correct. That means legacy ACRE files are being loaded; wipe it and make sure you have no more acre_XXXX.pbo files, then re-install

What I need to press to use the radio of my friend? In Interact menu is written only "TEST TEST TEST" and there is no any actions as it was previously.

Using 1.2.10 version.

Im having an issue that ive had in the past with acre.

I keep cutting off mid-sentence. its only happened since the last update.

CannonousCrash, are you using more than one soundcard? I had 2 installed at some point and found out they were causing the problem you describe. When I disabled one of them, there was no more cutting off when I talked using ACRE.

CannonousCrash, are you using more than one soundcard? I had 2 installed at some point and found out they were causing the problem you describe. When I disabled one of them, there was no more cutting off when I talked using ACRE.

Nah mate, its all onboard

@CannonousCrash: As already said by CoolFire, if there are more than one sound device listed in the options of TS then that is the most likely source of the cut-outs. Please check for that.

Edited by Boxter.dk