Sign in to follow this  
jaynus

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.2 Stable (TS3 pre) - Release Thread

mainly it comes down to effort vs reward.

1. Spend 3-8 hours coding up a enable/disable feature and testing it

2. Make you spend the extra 10 seconds to disable/enable yourself

:?

The 10 seconds have just been reduced to less then 1 second:

TeamSpeak also has the option to toggle the ACRE Plugin using a keybind (set the keybind in the advanced section of the Options -> Hotkeys section.)

So no need to alt-tab out of ArmA to disable/enable ACRE plugin. :cool:

I will give it a try and let you know, but right now it seems you guys better spend your valuable time on other features/things :D

UPDATE:

I did test it and disabling the plugin does work to some effect, but only on the receiving end...

So disabling the plugin is not some kind of admin fuction unfortunately...

Only if everyone disables the plugin at the sametime this is usefull.

But how to tell everyone to do this... :-/

Edited by Ollem

forgive my ignorance... but why don't you just use the game chat?

However, I agree that a feature like that would be handy sometimes.

Cheers,

D.

with my mostwanted feature:

1 the admin gets a special radio

2 it can receive/send all freq

3 you can "teleport" to a player(i mean teleport only your receiver 2 the position)

4 broadcarst on all freq on the whole map

or the posibility to "hack" into all/one Radio

or u use the VON

thats my chrazy idears again

thanks 4 making this tool so good

Perhaps ACRE devs would be more forthcoming ref the 'admin feature', if you write the implementation and offer it as patch for them to integrate.

Does work that way with us over at ACE :)

Just wanted to thank the Devs for this fantastic Mod. Arma is better for it.

You know how good a mod is when you refuse to play without it.

Grats to the devs on making ACRE an almost bug free experience now (only bug I have seen recently is radio's messing up for people when someone joins with another version of teamspeak)

Still getting that error "Jayarma2lib:incompatible version of Arma 2 or unable to check version. What does this even mean. The patch apparently didnt fix this problem I used the 64 bit installer and i have the new TS3 what could be wrong?

I have lost the black radio information window at the right bottom of the screen when I press the radio button (1.2.10). Everything else is fine with ACRE, radio works as expected. But where is the black box? Is this a feature, a bug or a configuration problem?

BTW: Best mod ever. Outstanding work! Thanks!

Edited by svenson

Still getting that error "Jayarma2lib:incompatible version of Arma 2 or unable to check version. What does this even mean. The patch apparently didnt fix this problem I used the 64 bit installer and i have the new TS3 what could be wrong?

you put dsound.dll into your arma2 folder? or if you're running combined ops, and you use a beta for arrowhead, make sure to put it in the expansions\beta folder too

which dsound.dll. The one in the arma 2 directory or the one in the Jayarma2lib folder. I am running latest version of arma 2 OA and arma 2. I am running combined ops.

which dsound.dll. THe one in the arma 2 directory or the one in the Jayarma2lib folder

The only one that matters is the one in the arma 2 directory. If you are running beta, make sure to put it in the same folder as the beta.

I have a problem when starting the game

It crashes everytime and I get this in arma2oa.rpt

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

If I delete dsound.dll it works fine

I have a problem when starting the game

It crashes everytime and I get this in arma2oa.rpt

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

If I delete dsound.dll it works fine

1. Make sure you are running a supported beta patch if your running beta.

2. Make sure you are actually running up-to-date 1.59 patched

3. Make sure you are not using anything illegal; jayarma2lib does not support that.

Uhm it might be because I have version 1.57 then

I will try installing 1.59 even if I don't like it very much

Hi guys,

I changed my Harddrive this week and have had to fresh install everything. The OS is vista.

I've loaded TS3 RC1 and have the 1.2.10 plugin registered and apparently working. Arma2 shows as not connected. Works both as admin and as normal user.

If I try and run Arma as an Admin, Dsound.dll crashes the Arma2OA.exe (combined ops). If i run arma 2 as normal user, it loads fine but doens't connect to TS. I've use the manual install from united ops and the six updater, but have this problem with both methods.

I've done completely clean installs and have run out of ideas. The prblem seems to be with Dsound.dll but I can't seem to work out how to fix it. Any suggestions?

Regards

Gnrnr

---------- Post added at 04:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 AM ----------

Might be a windows update need for C++ redist. Trying that first.

---------- Post added at 05:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 AM ----------

The redist didnt help :(

One of my Squadmates told me that ACRE works best with PTT instead of Voice activation because of some Errors that may occur and make the TS Client crash. Is that still true?

Found an interesting issue. A person with a Danish keyboard had a fully working and connected setup of ACRE, but he couldn't use the radio.

After a bit of searching the issue was helped by going into the acre_keys.hpp and setting the PTT key to 58 (or the corresponding key in the provided lists).

So this shout is for all ACRE running danes I guess.

First of all great mod !

Im trying to get this to work in warfare

but I only seem to have the default radio available (replaced by the ACRE one)

I changed some lines in the Core_gear / Core_arrowhead_g.sqf

to read

_u = _u + ['ItemRadio'];

_i = _i + [['','','CfgWeapons','Item',10,0,true,false,0,0,true]];

_u = _u + ['ACRE_PRC148_UHF'];

_u = _u + ['ACRE_PRC119'];

_u = _u + ['ACRE_PRC117F'];

but the extra radios dont apear in the gear list

does anyone know why ?

I regret to inform the developers that I removed ACRE because it was screwing my game.

1. Made it impossible to open the game unless there was a @JayArmALib installed in the directory.

2. Kept asking me to update JayArmALibe because there was a new version even though there wasn't and if I attempted to the update.exe would fail and the game wouldn't start.

1. Made it impossible to open the game unless there was a @JayArmALib installed in the directory.

JayArmA2lib is a requirement of ACRE hence why the game wouldn't start.

2. Kept asking me to update JayArmALibe because there was a new version even though there wasn't and if I attempted to the update.exe would fail and the game wouldn't start.

Did you try running the game as administrator?

Also if you start Arma Vanilla jaylib pop ups asking for an update.It cause a lot of crashes

No it doesn't. Just run Arma2 as in admin mode.