Sign in to follow this  
jaynus

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.2 Stable (TS3 pre) - Release Thread

I dont think i updated tho. I just used the .exe for 1.2.9 64bit

I just used the .exe on the original post and it all seems to have installed now.

Their wasn't an .exe in the zip archive before and I didn't see one listed as a separate link until just now. It installed fine, except put the install folder on the desktop? Guess I missed to change the default install location during the installation.

The beta I downloaded form TS3 was a few days ago. It says a new update is available but I chose no, since it's currently working.

I now see a shortcut on my desktop for ACRE.

Question... Perhaps unrelated advice here, Acre should always be updated using the installer? Or can I "convert to six updater"?

I can verify now that the plugin shows up in TS3 beta.

Thanks very much for the installer. It makes things much easier for us noobs!

I see v1.2.9.359 available on the ACRE download site.

I've installed this (clientside) and it seems to work with the latest TS Beta Clients (pre-13)

[Added after posting]

Seems that if I update the server with this latest build (1.2.9.359) and start the arma2oa server exe I get the following error dialog box:

'Include file idl\clients\global\addons\main\script_mod.hpp not found'

This happens when I try to load the @ACRE mod from the mod line when running the server. Doesn't happen with prior versions.

Edited by LondonLad

I replaced client dll only from .359 into TS pre13. No change server side. Seems to work.

Apparently Norton AV is having a spac at the dll though.

so what i have do download to get acre working again?

any link or is there no new version for now

I see v1.2.9.359 available on the ACRE download site.

I've installed this (clientside) and it seems to work with the latest TS Beta Clients (pre-13)

[Added after posting]

Seems that if I update the server with this latest build (1.2.9.359) and start the arma2oa server exe I get the following error dialog box:

'Include file idl\clients\global\addons\main\script_mod.hpp not found'

This happens when I try to load the @ACRE mod from the mod line when running the server. Doesn't happen with prior versions.

This is actually also happening with the client!

*I've just tried firing up my local client version and I'm getting the same error dialog appearing*

I realize that I already posted this, but no one has answered my problem, and i feel that my problem has been overlooked. This is a serious issue, I would really love to use ACRE but if no one works with me how am i going to fix this, you have to understand my frustration.

Hello everyone at Bohemia Interactive,

I have been using arma 2 Combined operations for about 3 to 4 months now and have never encountered any problems. I have just recently found that my unit, the 502nd PIR for I44 wants to use ACRE mod. The ACRE team has just released the latest release which is 1.2.9. I downloaded the installer from http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=117521 the 64 bit, which matches my operating system. I knew this installer worked because it was passed to me by a fellow member who had just used it. It worked successfully for him. When i tried to use it it worked perfectly. I used this installation guide http://29thid.net/index.php/topic,470.0.html The Teamspeak 3 installed, i heard that new voice and everything, it said ACRE 1.2.9 on my profile. So everything was good. I then proceeded to my mod launcher and checked off the following mods, @Acre, @JayArma2Lib. I relaunched TS3 as administrator and the arma launcher as Administrator. Now here is my problem. When I launched arma from the mod launcher as Combined Operations i received the following error message.

Quote:

JayArma2Lib: Incompatible version of ArmA2 or unable to check version.

I didn't think much at first, maybe a bad install, so i tried installing it again. Same thing. I goto fellow members who tried to help me out. We removed all ACRE files and tried the install another time. The only time i can get the game to run successfully with launching the @Acre and @JayArma2Lib folders is when I delete the dsound.dll from my Arma 2 directory. It runs but, of course, I am not able to run any of the ACRE features because of this deletion. This error message is clearly the center of my problems. I can guarantee if it goes away my Arma ACRE will work. My fellow members suggested reinstalling arma, but as I dont want to wait three days for the install to complete i am looking for any other method possible.

If anyone has any suggestions please leave them, I am desperate. I have literally done everything I can think of. It would mean alot to me if you, the members of Bohemia would not refer me to a different post but help me step by step solve this problem. I would not come to Bohemia if I didnt have to, but this was my last option.

I hope you can help,

Thank you,

I realize that I already posted this, but no one has answered my problem, and i feel that my problem has been overlooked. This is a serious issue, I would really love to use ACRE but if no one works with me how am i going to fix this, you have to understand my frustration.

What is the version of ArmA2 OA you are running. It should show it on the main screen.

I am getting very frustrated. I have tried every fix on here and yet everytime I get into a room I keep getting the whole dsound.dll not in ARMA2. I have placed the dsound.dll in my main ARMA2 folder, it is in the @ACRE, it is in Jarmalib, I have the right version of TS and yet nothing. I even read that you need to change the keys in the ACRE user config, so I tried that. I am running Vista-64bit and running everything as Admin, could anyone please help me figure out how to play this damn mod.

you running the beta ? If beta you need that dll in the expansion/beta folder.

what is your shortcut set to ?

Beta

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@CBA;@JayArma2Lib;@ACRE

non-beta (arrowhead)

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\ArmA2OA.exe" -nosplash -mod=@CBA;@JayArma2Lib;@ACRE

Run both the TS3 and ARMA2 in admin mode...

You do have the CBA addon installed ?

You running the beta TS3 ? TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.0.0-rc1-pre13 ?

I can get Acre running but it crashes my TS3 when the other person walks out of hearing range?? Anyone else get this ?. TS3 (rc13) just locks up.... I am running Acre 1.2.9.367. This happens when I host a net game...haven't joined a server as a client only.

Edited by gonk

I am getting very frustrated. I have tried every fix on here and yet everytime I get into a room I keep getting the whole dsound.dll not in ARMA2. I have placed the dsound.dll in my main ARMA2 folder, it is in the @ACRE, it is in Jarmalib, I have the right version of TS and yet nothing. I even read that you need to change the keys in the ACRE user config, so I tried that. I am running Vista-64bit and running everything as Admin, could anyone please help me figure out how to play this damn mod.

don't launch the mod with internal launcher but use the stryng way

don't launch the mod with internal launcher but use the stryng way

Thank you for the info, I use an external launcher to load all of my mods in the mod line. I am proud to report that after attempting to play this game for 6 hours yesterday, I finally got it to work right before I went to bed and was able to play for 45 minutes, I guess this is part of the growing pain of playing a fun game on the PC. What I did, and I am not even 100% sure that this is what fixed it, was I un-installed and re-installed the 64 bit TS ACRE link from the 1st page and this time when it gives you the three installation types, instead of using typical I chose complete. I proceeded to start everything up, and I almost popped a bottle of champagne and started celebrating. Now I just have to figure out how to use the thing.

What is the version of ArmA2 OA you are running. It should show it on the main screen.

the version of OA i am running is 1.59. The latest release. I dont run OA individually I run it as Combined Operations.

I also get an in game error message saying

Dsound.dll not found in arma directory please check your jayarma2lib installation.

I think this is the result of the original error as well. So please if anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated.

Edited by M.Evans

the version of OA i am running is 1.59. The latest release. I dont run OA individually I run it as Combined Operations.

I also get an in game error message saying

I think this is the result of the original error as well. So please if anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated.

Problem solved after update JAVA on my SO.

I Have win 7 64bit ultra (SO),also run Teamspeack as admin,and the ArmAluncher as well

What mods are listed as loaded? You need:

@CBA

@JayArma2Lib

@ACRE

I recommend an updater utility like Six-Updater @ dev-heaven.net to keep your mods up-to-date.

.370 causes teamspeak segfaults JFYI, I don't have more details atm but will try to get a coredump or so...

Using the latest RC1 TS Server and Client along with ACRE v1.2.9.370

We've noticed an issue with 'direct' chat within vehicles.

You can talk as soon as you get into a vehicle, but as you move away from the point you 'inserted' into a vehicle; the 'direct' chat starts to fade away until you can't hear anyone talking (you can still see lip/mouth movement).

If you then move back (in the vehicle) to the same original starting point (where you inserted into the vehicle), or thereabouts, the 'direct' chat returns and you can hear again.

Please can this be investigated as we've found it to be a real immersion breaker!

Using the latest RC1 TS Server and Client along with ACRE v1.2.9.370

We've noticed an issue with 'direct' chat within vehicles.

You can talk as soon as you get into a vehicle, but as you move away from the point you 'inserted' into a vehicle; the 'direct' chat starts to fade away until you can't hear anyone talking (you can still see lip/mouth movement).

If you then move back (in the vehicle) to the same original starting point (where you inserted into the vehicle), or thereabouts, the 'direct' chat returns and you can hear again.

Please can this be investigated as we've found it to be a real immersion breaker!

Yea, thats fixed. Was my fault, forgot to commit the earlier fix of the fix for the carrier bug... :p

Sorry!

It is ok though, there are other issue with the current release we want to really hash out. I'd advise sticking with pre-12 TS3 and the older release for now. :(

Yea, thats fixed. Was my fault, forgot to commit the earlier fix of the fix for the carrier bug... :p

Sorry!

It is ok though, there are other issue with the current release we want to really hash out. I'd advise sticking with pre-12 TS3 and the older release for now. :(

Would it be possible to put up the v1.2.6.xxx (with TS beta pre-11 or 12) package onto your site again?

That was the last known working version we used as a group that didn't cause us any issues (worked brilliantly) :)

Edited by LondonLad

Would it be possible to put up the v1.2.6.xxx (with TS beta pre-11 or 12) package onto your site again?

That was the last known working version we used as a group that didn't cause us any issues (worked brilliantly) :)

I think i have that as the stand alone package, will check when home form the office.

Simon (REC.Roberts 16AA).

I was just in our server, and I could not go for longer than five minutes before my game would automatically alt-tab to a crashed Teamspeak popup telling me it had created a .dmp that I could send to people. I guess this is where I leave them?

http://www.mediafire.com/?u6i8g134a6carec

http://www.mediafire.com/?9b1dcp96d1ayp7t

http://www.mediafire.com/?0lcudathph7no0f

When Teamspeak doesn't crash, ACRE works just fine. It just won't let me play for longer than about five minutes before crashing again, which kind of makes playing completely impossible.

TS3 info: 3.0.0-rc1 [build:14345]

Qt Version: 4.7.2

ACRE version 1.2.9, API Version 11, Build 370

I get no errors that indicate anything is wrong, TS seems to be A-OK with the ACRE version, so I am at a loss as to what exactly is happening here. All I know is that my Teamspeak crashes totally, my game automatically alt-tabs, I get a .dmp file thrown at me, and I have to get back in.

The server ACRE version is exactly the same as the client version, too, so there should be no compatibility issues. JayArmA2lib and CBA are also fully updated.

EDIT: And if we wanted to roll back to an earlier version, how should we do this? Because most of us have updated their Teamspeak by now and last we checked, 1.2.7 won't work on that, as the API version was not compatible. Have you got a link to a standalone TS3 installer that installs the most recent stable TS3 version? I've been looking but I didn't have much luck.

EDIT2: Just had another crash, exactly the same except that it didn't automatically alt-tab my game. Instead, I suddenly got the 'ACRE not connected to T3" hint, alt-tabbed manually and saw it had crashed again. Didn't bother uploading the .dmp file because I cannot imagine it being much different than those provided ;)

Edited by Von_Lipwig

Yeah, i play with Von_Lipwig and id just thought id throw my 10c in here.

The earlier TS3 pre12 beta that worked with v349 was fine for most of us, apart from 2 other members trying almost everything they could.

Then a few people who had it working updated the TS3 client by mistake, prob because the update.ini was still in the root folder.

Since downgrading to an earlier beta didnt seem to be an option, we've updated to 370, with matching TS3 API plugins. This has caused my first crash today along with Vons. Bane, another guy we play with, is reporting no issues apart from having to dis-connect/re-connect to TS3 when it bugs out and no beeps are heard (i was used to dealing with this in the last version).

As a workaround for the moment, is there any way to acquire the installer for the last beta as opposed to updating through the client. Downgrading i think is the best option for us right now.

As much of a headache the issues were experiencing are, i would like to acknowledge that myself and many others do appreciate the hardwork the ACRE devs are putting in. :)

-Rico.it;1918580']Problem solved after update JAVA on my SO.

I Have win 7 64bit ultra (SO)' date='also run Teamspeack as admin,and the ArmAluncher as well[/quote']

Alright, I will try updating my Java. I have Windows Vista 64 bit.

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

What mods are listed as loaded? You need:

@CBA

@JayArma2Lib

@ACRE

I recommend an updater utility like Six-Updater @ dev-heaven.net to keep your mods up-to-date.

I have addon sync can i do anything with that? And i honestly have no idea how to use six-updater, never used it before. And yes i am running all of those mods. It is my Jayarma2Lib that is the problem. As you can see that is where all of my problems come from.