Sign in to follow this  
jaynus

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.2 Stable (TS3 pre) - Release Thread

Hi, i tried using this mod last night and did not work for me.

i first insalled latest version of TS3 64bit version. and then after, downloaded the acre.exe 64bit version and installed it.

i then launched TS3 in admin mode and made sure acre is ticked and enabled from the plugins menu. i then added the appropriate @acre and @jayalib(cant remember the name off top of my head) and launched and joined a server using it.

it diddnt work. i see the acre radio black box with yellow writing appear at the bottom of the screen but i can stiill here here "everyone" talking at the same time.

I then tried to install it manually and still the same.

what i notice first was that the acre.exe 64bit diddnt add the dsound.dll file i think its called in my arma 2 root folder so i had to get it from the manual installed zip package of acre.

Any advice on what i am doing wrong?

Well the point is, nobody else wants to play with me with that distortion sound. Everybody wanted the old one back..so what should i do.

.i'm just saying it in here, it's no offense, acre is one , or the best addon i've used yet. But the old distortion engine was much better. If you would have cut some mids out of the voice and make it a bit more distorted, that would be perfect.

I know that you guys are the creators, and i really appreciate your work, but we played with it for a long time, and now the sound is completely different. So you can't just say "have fun with it", only because i say this. I'd like to have the new stable version, but i don't want that distortion noise. If we start the server and everybody says "uh, whats that noise???? Lets change it " after 3 words over the radio..

I'm just the idiot who speaks it out in here..

We are getting this from some current/former serviceman talking about how completely unlike the real radios the distortion currently is.

One thing to remember is that we don't even implement the real distortion or signal lose yet. Everything assumes LOS analog signal, instead of digital signals. Once we get that in, everyone should be a lot happier. Our big problem with that, however, is that until we can confirm stability, digital signal lose is totally something we cant implement; we would get a million "I cant hear them" false bug reports. This is because digital signal decay means the actual transmission sounds fine; it just cuts out for signal lose.

---------- Post added at 07:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 AM ----------

Hi, i tried using this mod last night and did not work for me.

i first insalled latest version of TS3 64bit version. and then after, downloaded the acre.exe 64bit version and installed it.

i then launched TS3 in admin mode and made sure acre is ticked and enabled from the plugins menu. i then added the appropriate @acre and @jayalib(cant remember the name off top of my head) and launched and joined a server using it.

it diddnt work. i see the acre radio black box with yellow writing appear at the bottom of the screen but i can stiill here here "everyone" talking at the same time.

I then tried to install it manually and still the same.

what i notice first was that the acre.exe 64bit diddnt add the dsound.dll file i think its called in my arma 2 root folder so i had to get it from the manual installed zip package of acre.

Any advice on what i am doing wrong?

Try running teamspeak 3 as administrator; check your username in teamspeak (click on yourself) to see if it says ArmA2 is connected.

Nope but TS comes with ACRE.

Thats strange because when i downloaded acre64bit.exe it installed both TS and acre?

Thats strange because when i downloaded acre64bit.exe it installed both TS and acre?

You are correct. The Beta build TS that comes with this package is provided so you do not need to download it manually (I guess). You can also download the .zip file without TS.

Hi Guys, one of my Squadmembers has very strange Problems with ACRE. He basically can´t get it to work.

He always gets the "Acre is not connected to Teamspeak" Error when he joins our Server.

He installed everything correctly (we triple checked that with TeamViewer)

He made a fresh install of TS

He has the latest TS Beta and the latest ACRE Version, His Arma is patched, he runs everything as Administrator->Everything should be fine

Now to the really weird thing. Our Squad has 4 Servers. When he joins on Number 1 ACRE does not work, but it works on our number 4, our test Server.

(Search for Brig2010 to find the Servers, 4 is PW protected, 1 is open and usually requires some Island and Unit Addons).

He is the only one with this issue.

We really run out of ideas what could be wrong, so we are asking you. Please help my very desperate friend.

It work in SP?

ofcourse it does!! I mean hell its made for mp so you can talk to your buddies like using real radio's...... uhmm hang on but I dont play sp with my mates.... what does sp mean? uhmmmm singleplayer, ah so this multiplayer mod for "TEAM"speak wont work because I'm not speaking to any friends... as I'm playing alone....

BINGO!!!!

gawd some people :p

yes it does work in singleplayer, you can talk to all your AI buddies and even have full conversations!

i'm kidding. it's multiplayer.

very funny...I spoke of the effect sound... Thanks for nothing

The sound effects are only when people are talking on teamspeak... You can talk to yourself though if you really want and it should work in SP, giving you a "beep" when you try talk on the radio. Of course it won't really do anything gameplay-wise since AI can't hear what you say over ACRE at all in no way whatsoever (at least not yet), and even if they could you simply would stay quiet because who are you going to talk to in SP?

I mean the Stereo talking. And no I try it. well thanks

Hi Guys, one of my Squadmembers has very strange Problems with ACRE. He basically can´t get it to work.

He always gets the "Acre is not connected to Teamspeak" Error when he joins our Server.

He installed everything correctly (we triple checked that with TeamViewer)

He made a fresh install of TS

He has the latest TS Beta and the latest ACRE Version, His Arma is patched, he runs everything as Administrator->Everything should be fine

Now to the really weird thing. Our Squad has 4 Servers. When he joins on Number 1 ACRE does not work, but it works on our number 4, our test Server.

(Search for Brig2010 to find the Servers, 4 is PW protected, 1 is open and usually requires some Island and Unit Addons).

He is the only one with this issue.

We really run out of ideas what could be wrong, so we are asking you. Please help my very desperate friend.

got the same problem, but my clan only have 1 server. the guy who's making all our mod packs and stuff told me what to do. I did it, but get the WARNING: ACRE not connected to TeamSpeak error. I had this also with the 1.2.7. release, reinstalled it about 5 times and got it working. then if I get it working they update ACRE again :(

a few things to check

1 have you launched the right TS? (the installer create a desktop link 2 a new TS)

2 have you activated the following plugins: ClientQuery; ACRE Plugin

--- klick inside TS on theyr names there must stand

ACRE:

Version: 1.2.9

ArmA2 Connected: Yes

I launched the new TS shortcut as admin.

ClientQuery is enabled (version 1.0), so does ACRE (version 1.2.9) also the Appscanner plugin is enabled.

Acre version 1.2.9

ArmA2 connected: no (probaly because I'm in the TCG island life server/TS where they don't allow ACRE).

Another buddy of ours also has a problem, and it doesn't seem to be in initialising the mod as strangely enough that seems to happen without any hiccups. The situation is the following:

He installed ACRE following all the steps he had to (updating TS3, enabling the plugins, installing the CBA, Jaylib and ACRE addons). As far as myself and rscarrab (the guy who handles the addons around our community) can ascertain, everything is set up right. His TS3 says that he's running ACRE 1.2.9.

When he starts up the game, he can bring up the radios, he gets NO message 'ArmA isn't connected to teamspeak' so that should indicate he's OK... however when he presses caps lock he doesn't get the transmitting squelch sound and his voice still comes in clear without direction or radio static (IE, ACRE is not running).

This is quite strange as ACRE seems to initialise for him alright. The addon itself appears to be running fine but it doesn't actaully run.

He's on an XP setup and he has ArmA2+OA through Steam. Is this a known issue and if so, is there a (semi-) easy fix? Thanks in advance :)

When he starts up the game, he can bring up the radios, he gets NO message 'ArmA isn't connected to teamspeak' so that should indicate he's OK... however when he presses caps lock he doesn't get the transmitting squelch sound and his voice still comes in clear without direction or radio static (IE, ACRE is not running).

Sounds like hes getting something horribly confused. The capslock key wont even register as a valid hotkey unless ACRE is connected and working 100% (as in, in teamspeak, the key never exists until ACRE fully synchronizes and then tells teamspeak its a hotkey). Does he have capslock set as his VON key? as his TS3 PTT key? Sounds like something really fishy is going on here - because that means ACRE *is* working if capslock is activating - unless he has it set as a PTT already, which may explain some problems.

Some of our members had the same issue as Von_Lipwig says

but it was that those members had capslock set to whisperlist in ts3 also

Hi.

i am trying to join a server thats using ACRE and before, ACRE was working whenever i join via six updater but when i created a new preset based on that server and added ACRE and jay to it, i did a update as it said my acre and jay was out of date as i originally installed it using the ACRE.EXE setup file.

So anyways after updating it, the server/game now complains how the @Jayarma2lib is not enabled and to check installation?

How is it disabled? in six updater it is clearly visible on the Info window tree and has a green colored icon??

any suggestions?

I got the error WARNING: ACRE is not connected to Teamspeak. but i have done everything what it says. how the hell do I get it working?

still have this problem (now with version 1.2.9)

Update on my friends Problem:

He solved it ACRE works again.

Why it didn´t work:

He used to start Arma through Yoma. He discovered that he didn´t run Yoma as Admin, and so Arma wasn´t started in Admin Mode either. He feels very dumb right now.

Another Thing.

Xeno organised a Tactical Saturday for the german community. There were some People that had serious Problems with ACRE, (ACRE not connected to TS) some other had frequent ACRE crashes.

We've made the upgrade in-squad, and the majority of issues seem to sprout from the installer putting the Arma 2 stuff in the wrong folder; given the three install options have no warnings of where the folders will be installed to unless you go through the seemingly 'advanced' custom option, it feels a bit like people are set up for a fall, given that those that would make this sort of error are of the kind to not be technically averse enough to recognise that this may be an issue

Could also do with a warning ensuring UAC is turned off or TS is ran as admin during install

There are also some big issues when trying to concurrently run this version of TS and the latest 'stable' (or beta, or whatever they call them, not a pre-release anyway) with PTT being unbound and/or not working, pretty pissy when it means other similar systems for other games (ie. TARS for A10) won't work on new TS either. Gotta jump through the hoops for the content I guess

I don't mean this post as a bash against acre, it's a great mod that I find myself not able to do without in game with more than 4 or 5 people, but it's worth putting our experiences on the table for others to know what to look out for!

Edited by DaveP