Sign in to follow this  
jaynus

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.2 Stable (TS3 pre) - Release Thread

Jaynus, forgive me if this has been asked before in one of the other ACRE threads. My team and I play in different era mods every once in a while, IE- Invasion 44, the Unsung mod, and we love using ACRE. My question is, after doing research of period radios in use at that time, how would one go about implementing those radios into ACRE?

I have some experience with making the .paa radio interface images, plus know how to create the dialog to make it seem as if you are actual turning dials, or clicking switches. But as far as coding, do we just put in a ticket with the given info on Dev-Heaven, or is there something a lone user can do?

In no way do I intend to re-invent the wheel with all of your teams hard work. I would just like to implement radios of the period into other parts of ArmA 2.

Thanks

If you ticket with @ our tracker (tracker.idi-systems.com) with the appropriate models (p3ds) and/or interfaces (paa) we'll get to integrated them :)

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

Awesome news! So, will the vehicle radio be played to everyone in the vehicle, except maybe in a Blackhawk or C130?

They are true implementations of VRC racks and aircraft radio consoles.

This means like an actual rack you put radios into / take them out of. Some vehicles will have them by default, others will require the mission makers to add them. Additionally, since they are racks; they get different antenna's and power's due to being "racked". an example is VRC's supporting the PRC-148. Rather then "everyone just getting radios", the vehicle has a rack - which has 2 148's mounted inside of it. Any single person can use them at a time - or put them on "speaker mode" or whatever. Or a person can take it out of the rack.

ACRE version 1.2.9.

I get this error when I try to run any mission.

"Script idi\clients\acre\addons\main\XEH_pre_init.sqf not found"

Is there something I do wrong?

Edited by Boxter.dk

Where do I get the pre-beta version of TS3? The only options at www.teamspeak.com are all beta builds. I am currently running the 3.0.0-Beta 36 (build: 12815) and understand from the bright red font on the first page here that it's meant for the pre-12 and pre-beta builds.

I've had to uninstall and then reinstall ACRE twice back to version 1.2.4 because TS offers less support for finding the correct version.

EDIT: Sorry, pulled my head out of my arse and figured out that I needed to run the TS3-ACRE shortcut instead of the old regular TS shortcut. Works now

Edited by Raptor 6 Actual

The "standalone" installers for 32-bit and 64-bit include the TS3 beta and create a "ACRE TS3" shortcut on your desktop

ACRE version 1.2.9.

I get this error when I try to run any mission.

"Script idi\clients\acre\addons\main\XEH_pre_init.sqf not found"

Is there something I do wrong?

had the same and when i tested in mission-editor, it worked. when i get back on server it worked also.

kind a strange, but maybe it works for you too.

had the same and when i tested in mission-editor, it worked. when i get back on server it worked also.

kind a strange, but maybe it works for you too.

No! :)

There is a small error in the config of the acre_main.pbo. Just a wrong path to the XEH_pre_init.sqf script that is in the .PBO

That should be a quick fix.

No! :)

There is a small error in the config of the acre_main.pbo. Just a wrong path to the XEH_pre_init.sqf script that is in the .PBO

That should be a quick fix.

but i had that error, and it went away. (first multiplayer = error / in mission.editor = no error / then multiplayer again = noerror) so thats strange.

no clue... ;)

If your getting the acre_main error, just re-download and re-install. We had some web-server issues, causing some file corruption.

new files should work fine. If you want to be careful, delete @acre before you re-install.

but i had that error, and it went away. (first multiplayer = error / in mission.editor = no error / then multiplayer again = noerror) so thats strange.

no clue... ;)

Well.... It is fixed now! :)

@Foxhound:

Awesome :) Nice to finally be releasing back onto AH again.

Thanks Bink.

We found a bug by the way in this release with directional speaking in vehicle positions not defined as having intercoms. It was exposed by a fix for the bug where speaking on the LHC would cause people to sound far away from you despite them being right next to you.

A fix is on the way though, should be out tonight or tomorrow as a hotfix to this version.

I have a question, can you use the backpack radio offline? without TS3 and stuff? I just want my AI to carry it, just for the looks

I have a question, can you use the backpack radio offline? without TS3 and stuff? I just want my AI to carry it, just for the looks

Yes, but they won't act as usable backpacks unless you are also using ACE.

Yeah! ofcourse, thanks for this awesome work, I voted for this in the Awards

i have a short question..

is that possible?

if you have more than 5 (same) Radios with different presets in one box it automaticly reset the radios and stack it

i think we did all correct but i can't help myself: Did you change the distortion sound while transmitting? This one sounds like being on helium or mickey mouse..i can't even play 1 minute with that..sounds really weird..i'll go back to the old one then

Do you guys plan to implement interfaces and statistics for the radios that are already in ACE such as the 77? If not, is it because of lack of info or because it's too much work?

i think we did all correct but i can't help myself: Did you change the distortion sound while transmitting? This one sounds like being on helium or mickey mouse..i can't even play 1 minute with that..sounds really weird..i'll go back to the old one then

Have fun with that ;)

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

[/color]

Do you guys plan to implement interfaces and statistics for the radios that are already in ACE such as the 77? If not, is it because of lack of info or because it's too much work?

lack of desire / motivation to make the gui's and then re-model the packs ourselves (cant use the models out of ACE)

There are a lot of improvements that should negate your issues with the sounding of the distortion. The PRC-343 distortion is really wacky right now due to its short range, but it will be changing soon when we implement digital distortion.

I'd advise you grin and bare it because the stability benefits are quite a difference between the two rewrites.

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

Mainly we haven't done the 77 because its a piece of crap, a really old one too.

The Russian radios will get some love eventually, but there is still a lot of work to do before that. We are in the process of rewriting the underlying way GUI handle data to make it easier to add radios in the future, so any new additions are on hold till that is done.

Hi,

I have got a little problem with my ACRE 1.2.6. In general the programme runs quite well with my Arma 2, both on public servers, in the editor and in the LAN. But if I play a mission in the LAN mode with some friends, save that mission at some point and continue playing on the next day, my ACRE does not work anymore in that mission. Teamspeak says "not connected to Arma 2" but ingame I do not get any error message. When I am using caps lock I still get the "TRANSMITTING" notice in the bottom right corner of the screen - but I cannot listen to any radio transmissions nor do my friends hear my own ones.

But if I happen to start any other mission in Arma 2 or just restart the same mission I have the problem with, everything works fine again with ACRE. As long as I save and load the mission during one session I do not get any trouble neither. Only if I want to load the mission later like on the next day, I cannot use ACRE.

Does anybody have an idea what could cause this trouble? I will be thankful for any kind of help in this thread or via private message.

Thanks

Hi,

I have got a little problem with my ACRE 1.2.6. In general the programme runs quite well with my Arma 2, both on public servers, in the editor and in the LAN. But if I play a mission in the LAN mode with some friends, save that mission at some point and continue playing on the next day, my ACRE does not work anymore in that mission. Teamspeak says "not connected to Arma 2" but ingame I do not get any error message. When I am using caps lock I still get the "TRANSMITTING" notice in the bottom right corner of the screen - but I cannot listen to any radio transmissions nor do my friends hear my own ones.

But if I happen to start any other mission in Arma 2 or just restart the same mission I have the problem with, everything works fine again with ACRE. As long as I save and load the mission during one session I do not get any trouble neither. Only if I want to load the mission later like on the next day, I cannot use ACRE.

Does anybody have an idea what could cause this trouble? I will be thankful for any kind of help in this thread or via private message.

Thanks

ACRE does not support mission resume at this time. We actually don't have plans to implement it anytime soon either... Sorry. :(

Well the point is, nobody else wants to play with me with that distortion sound. Everybody wanted the old one back..so what should i do.

.i'm just saying it in here, it's no offense, acre is one , or the best addon i've used yet. But the old distortion engine was much better. If you would have cut some mids out of the voice and make it a bit more distorted, that would be perfect.

I know that you guys are the creators, and i really appreciate your work, but we played with it for a long time, and now the sound is completely different. So you can't just say "have fun with it", only because i say this. I'd like to have the new stable version, but i don't want that distortion noise. If we start the server and everybody says "uh, whats that noise???? Lets change it " after 3 words over the radio..

I'm just the idiot who speaks it out in here..