NEW! - Warfare for Qom Province by ck-claw

startuplogoarmatupsmall.png

TU3dTwq2Wz0

Author: Tupolov

Version: 1.01

Release Date : 13th April 11

Requires: Arma 2 Combined Operations 1.57 or above

Based on: North West Qom Province, Iran

Missions: Domination MP, Warfare MP, US Patrol MP, Combat Air Assault MP, 3 x SP Missions (require Iranian Forces Mod)

Addons: None

After breaching IAEA rules over nuclear enrichment and hiding the development of nuclear weapons, Ardistan (also known as 'Eraan' in the west) has increased tensions in the region by recently testing medium range missiles. The US and British have reacted angrily in this blatant disregard for international law. UN Security Council has passed resolution 1973 giving Coalition forces the moral and legal authority to use force to stop Ardistan's nuclear weapons programme...

* North West Qom Province is based on actual real world data (using real world height map and satellite data scaled down from 20km x 20km)

* North West Qom Province is 100sqkm in size (Map is 10km by 10km)

* There are a total of 30 locations across NW Qom Province

* There are 13 farms, 12 towns and villages, an industial area, 4 military installations, 2 mines/quarries, ruins and even working petrol stations.

* NW Qom Province has 2 airfields (1 big and 1 small)

* Over 250,000 3D Objects

* Living environment including civilian population and wildlife

* Wide variety of terrain including Desert Plains, Mountains, Salt Lake, Farm Land, Industrial Areas, Old World villages

Look out for the full Arma 2: Qom Province Expansion in May/June 2011!

For more information: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Qom_Province

CHANGELOG/BUGS/KNOWN ISSUES:

Keep in mind this is my first attempt at a terrain for ARMA 2 and my first attempt at an addon... all constructive feedback is welcome.

Bugs/Issues:

1. TerrainSynch is poor and looks unnatural at edges of map

2. Object placement issues

3. Dark terrain texture appears at distance

4. Sat Pic has some artifacts not relevant to the game

Please see Bug reporting notes for further feature requests

BUG REPORTING NOTES:

Please report issues with any missions directly to the mission maker and NOT me. I very much appreciate the assistance from the community in reporting bugs for this terrain. In order to effectively gather information about what needs to be fixed/changed/improved I have created a google docs spreadsheet. Please post all bugs (except those for missions!) here:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Aidf4NQlStBjdDM5N3dQTmNuVHl3WTFKbWppb0NWc0E&hl=en&authkey=CJj3m6UK

Please fill out all columns in BOLD. Without this information I won't be able to fix the issue. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU REVIEW THE EXAMPLE BUGS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SPREASHEET TO KNOW WHAT TO SUBMIT. Please keep to these types of bugs/feature requests. Thanks again for your assistance and those that do submit bug reports will be credited!

INSTALLATION:

• Unzip the QomProvincev1.zip into your ARMA 2 folder.
  • Add the -mod=@TUP onto the ARMA2 OA Combined Operations desktop icon properties target path (i.e. "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash -mod=@TUP)
  • (if you need help go to this Mod Folder Tutorial : http://tinyurl.com/armamodfolder)
  • You should have tup_qom.pbo and ui_qom.pbo in your @TUP\Addons folder.
  • Missions are added to the MPMissions and Missions folder in your ARMA2 folder.

IF YOU WANT TO REMOVE THE UI UPDATES (Loading screen etc) THEN SIMPLY REMOVE ui_qom.pbo FROM THE @TUP\Addons FOLDER.

CREDITS AND THANKS :

Thanks to (so far!): the ARMA Community, Bushlurker, Shezan74, Mikero, Homer Johnson, Old Bear, Bad Benson, Wolffy.au, Gnat, Kju, ARMA 2 Map Making Skype Channel, YorT (and his team) for the Iranian Forces Mod, TF86 for the map picture and of course Bohemia Interactive.

Beta Testers: Commander1985, Old Bear, ck-claw, Grace, Wolffy.au, ArmArrific, EightySix, Konrad, Pwnage_51, Alex72

Mission Makers: ANZACSAS Steve (Combat Air Assault), EightySix (US Patrol), ck-claw (Domination/Warfare ports), Wolffy.au (MSO), SigintArmA (SP Missions), Glowbal (Operation Ensure)

Edited by Tupolov

Congrats on the release TUP,

this is a seriously great map. lots of places for great mission work.

Nice work Tupolov!! Looking forward to spending some time in da' Qom!

Looks great so far. Can you also post some satellite pictures and your map pictures ? Just interested in how accurate it is.

Nice work tuplov outstanding work! if you get round to it try making a helmand map that would be awesome mate! really! once again Excellent work!

Nice island,and it can maintain 60 fps at 10KM viewdistance with everything set very high. The broad highway is really impressive.

Nice island,and it can maintain 60 fps at 10KM viewdistance with everything set very high. The broad highway is really impressive.
Yes, i'm too, also with the minimum system

Can I get a server key? thanks

small test tour. helicopter crash and the mountain can be seen through the texture

example of mission :eek:

Edited by NinetyThird

Just wanted to say (and this should go for ALL mapmakers -INCLUDING BIS!) that the fighting intro you have to your map is WONDERFUL! I would have slowed down the switching of active units during that fight to perhaps 5 seconds each but it reminded me of OFP where the BMP would travel down the road and explode as an intro! Perhaps even a way to find units that are underfire and switch to those ones ?

Bravo mate. BEST way to show off a map EVER !

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

small test tour. helicopter crash and the mountain can be seen through the texture

example of mission :eek:

Now added to forum post. And can get it here

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0Bydf4NQlStBjNjdjNWEwYzEtYzVmZC00MDhlLTllODMtYzI4M2E1ODdhNWRh&hl=en

Apologies, oversight on my behalf. Also here http://www.ofpec.com/components/com_tags/tags/download.php?id=2112

Tup

---------- Post added at 16:34 ---------- Previous post was at 16:29 ----------

But I've found the north the airstrip is not flat

Yes, its not totally flat. AI can still land there fine without damage (and takeoff).

Cheers,

Tup

Thanks for the key, i was just about to ask. Will give it a try later.

Congrats on the release! :)