Pic 3

So far, these 'solutions' haven't worked:

1. Reinstalling the game

2. Lowering the graphics settings

3. Installing patches

4. Updating graphics drivers

5. Closing background processes

6. Playing without patches

Aside from those pics, I've also had the loading screens disappear, leaving only a gray box in place of the main picture, text being messed up, pictures missing from menus, and when changing the graphics settings, sometimes the screen minimizes, showing part of my desktop, and just hangs there. The game also runs pretty sluggish, but I've heard that ArmA is poorly optimized, so I'm not too concerned with that.

Specs: 460GTX, 4 GB of ram, XP SP3, and a Phenom II X4 840 processor.

At this point, with everything going wrong with it, I think I might have a botched disc. If anyone has had these problems and knows a fix, I'd be really grateful for any help.

That's definitely not a G-Card issue or your rig. I will sometimes get those images and I'm running x2 560ti in SLi (EVGA). Sorry for not being any kind of help but I'm only pointing out that you're not alone or the only one getting those images.

However, it appears to be a texture file issue. I'm sure my buddy Gunter Severloh knows more. Wait 'till he chimes in

Also, if it helps at all, my current GPU driver is 266.58.

Unfortunately, updated to 270.61 and it didn't work.

i came across the same issue back then. what i did was that i, in fact, installed the older version of the driver. my old video card was a ATI x300M, and i downgraded the driver to a 2006 version, and it worked out, somehow, all the wonky shapes, shadows, and bad colours disappeared. could have sth to do with incompatibility? dunno, you might want to give it a go.

Hmm, same problem here. ArmA Gold patched from box version 1.14 to 1.18, same stuff with missing textures/decals - may it be a rifle texture (showing najed gray model) or just a M24 scope crosshair replaced by semi-translucent gray box. None of 3d GPU tweaks seem to work, simply reducing adv. gfx options ingame yield no goot result.

Running Intel i3 with 2GB Ram and Nvidia GTS 450 graphics card with up-to-date GFX drivers, WinXP SP3. For the first time in my life my PC is -well - too good for the game, I guess.

(and yes, me English got really rusty over those years. sorry for that)

Edited by signuversum