Sign in to follow this  
dragon zen

Who can give a brief intro to cfgWeapons??

Hey bros:

Nowadays I'm working on scripts such as selecting weapon, adding ammo. I want to find a brief introduction of cfgWeapon.

XXX >> XXX >> XXX, too much kinds of these, I don't know the meaning and relationship of them, so I seek for an intro of structure of cfg, especially cfgWeapon now. If I get the display name of magazine, what code should I write so that I can search it, locate it and then get more information about it? :confused:

Many more question. For example, there is a {_weapon >> "type"}, which number refer to which kinds of type, where can I learn this kind of thing? If I get new addons (for example ACE2), how can I view the weaponlist more easily?

In all, I don't know where can I learn these. It seems that wiki didn't provide this aspect of info??:butbut:

So, I appreciate if anyone can give some advice.

DragonZen

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

Of course, learn from other's scripts, I can follow their code and do some things. But I still can't use it in a flexible way, so I want to know the structure of cfgWeapon pur se.

Here are the configs in all their glory with ACE support:

http://browser.dev-heaven.net/configclasses/config/CfgWeapons

http://browser.dev-heaven.net/configclasses/config/CfgMagazines

How to get a magazine's display name:

_magname=getText (configFile/"CfgMagazines"/_mag/"displayname")

A weapon's type in config determines whether it's 0) not visibly wielded, 1) rifle, 2) sidearm, 4) launcher or 5) big rifle.

Edited by Celery

What's more, there is a question about "isClass":

I still don't know how to check whether a weapon is access, just check weapon, not check Addons. how to write the isClass code?

What's more, there is a question about "isClass":

I still don't know how to check whether a weapon is access, just check weapon, not check Addons. how to write the isClass code?

hintSilent format ["%1",isClass (configFile/"CfgWeapons"/"weaponclass")]

OK, thanks, after I view the link you give me, I learn alot. :D