Sign in to follow this  
JacobJ

Anyway I can change the respawntype with a script?

Hey all

I got my spectating to work and to get this to work I have to put respawn = "BIRD"; in the description.ext.

The first 20mins tho I want to respawn at base. I have a marker called respawn_west and all, but I can't find any command in wiki, that can change the respawntype. What can I do?

/Jacob

Hey, This is something I can help with! you change the respawn = to 4 or 5

4. being a AI in your main group and 5 being any AI on you side! and 3 is in your base:)

Hmm can I just make a script with respawn = 1; ect and then run the script and it will override the respawn = "BIRD"; I have in the description.ext? I have tried that and it doesnt seem to work.

You can't change respawn type during mission. You can change the respawn time though.

You probably have to keep the base respawn and after the 20mins setpos the dieing player to a remote corner of the map and force spectator script on him.

Oh yeah.. eh well I know how to move the respawn_west marker, but the problem is, that when the dead players respawn, they can be spectated, but I guess that is no problem. If you look at it this way; what do you want, to be locked in an remote area with nothing to do or do you want to spectate the other players that are alive.

Havnt thought of it that way. I will try it out and see how it works out for this mission.

Well, nothing prevents you from modifying whatever spectator you are using.

Example 1:

When a player dies after the 20mins setvariable a boolean to him, which can be used to check that hes really dead.

In the spect then filter out the viable spectating targets by getvariabling the var.

Example 2:

Instead of set/getvariable you can just create a repeatedly area trigger to cover the "really dead" players in the corner of the map. Give a name to the trigger.

In the spect filter the targets by taking out all the players who are in "list trigName" array.

Of course! I just have to remove the players in that area from the target list of the spectating script. Nice one.. I will try that out.

---------- Post added at 17:40 ---------- Previous post was at 17:29 ----------

How do I am a trigger that when someone enters it, he gets killed. I tried using player setdamage 1, but when I order an AI to go into the area I get killed and not the AI.

I want the opposite of the zone restriction module, because this module kills everything outside it.

Crude way:

Repeatedly trigger with appropriate side activation.

onact: {_x setdamage 1} foreach thislist

will this only kill the units in the area or will that kill all units in the map?

The units who are in thislist, which is an array based on the trigger settings. In other words, units who are in the trigger area.

cant you just delete the marker respawn_west?

Could be the dirty version, but maybe BIS has included the: "if it fails, spawn as bird"..

edit 2: if you have respawn active and no markers when using respawn = 3; then you will respawn where you died.

Edited by Demonized