Sign in to follow this  
realkail

1.59 Patch Problem

Here's another one for the list...

I'm currently unable to play on my group's ARMA 2 Combined Ops server since the new patch was released. My version reads 1.59, their version shows to be 1.59 and after I attempt to connect, I get kicked out with the message "Session Lost."

I've updated both ARMA 2 and ARMA 2 OA to their newest patch versions.

Any ideas/suggestions on what's going wrong and how to fix it?

can firewall detect modified exe file and close access to network ?

yes, depends on software firewall installed and settings used ...

Okay, I just did a full reinstall in the hopes it might solve the problem, however now I can't even launch Combined Ops (steam user).

Okay, I just did a full reinstall in the hopes it might solve the problem, however now I can't even launch Combined Ops (steam user).

first launch ARMA 1

then launch OA

then A2: CO

preferably when started STEAM via "run as administrator"

Ok a friend of mine seems to be having the same issue. Seems to only happen to people with Steam Version of game when steam patched it. He's tried the retail patch after but still can't get into our server.

He gets a "Session Lost" message.

I checked our Server Log and found this:

Wrong signature for file expansion\addons\ca_e.pbo

Wrong signature for file expansion\addons\missions_e.pbo

This seems to be the reason why you guys can't connect. I verified with a few more who couldn't connect.

Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Edited by FAF_DRAKO

Yes I got the same problem.. wrong signature ca.pbo so BE banned me. I have to say that I did install the patch manually a week ago for my steam game and it worked fine. Now that the steam automatically updated, this happened. There are at least 5 guys in our community (TCG) with the same problem and all reporting this happened right after Steam update.

I wonder if by manually replacing the correct signature files... if this would fix the problem. In other words... have someone as myself send the working files to a person with said issue and have them replace whatever is currently in there. Since it's a signature issue should it be the following files:

ca_e.pbo.bi.bisign

ca_e.pbo.bi2.bisign

and

missions_e.pbo.bi.bisign

missions_e.pbo.bi2.bissign

:confused:

please try verify file cache, seems like some files are corrupted

please try verify file cache, seems like some files are corrupted

I had the guys in my group do this after the Steam Auto Patch and it took care of the problem... Thanks

For those of you who may not know how to do this:

1. Open Steam and Pick "View Games Library".

2. Right Click on Operation Arrowhead Icon and click on "Properties".

3. Now go to the "Local Files" Tab and Click on "Verify Integrity of Game Cache"

This process will take a few minutes so be patient... once it's done the game should launch just fine.

Worked for our guys anyways... :yay:

just remember if you do this on ARMA 2, then You need to start ARMA 2 once

otherwise the ARMA 2 path is not in registry and ARMA 2: Combined Operations mode (via OA binary) would fail to find the A2

I'm glad we're not the only ones having this problem.

Since upgrading to 1.59 and enabling the new signature checks, we've had a TON of players with the same issue - they get a "session lost" message and the log shows they had a wrong signature. This has happened to some of our long-time players who I trust, as well as some of our members and senior staff who I also trust very much.

It seems Steam may be the common link here. I know I myself had similar issues - I kept receiving a message that there wasn't a signature for the PMC files. (I didn't use the manual patch - I waited for the Steam 1.59 patch.) Verifying files showed no errors so I ended up removing PMC and re-downloading and installing, which fixed the problem for me. But since it appears quite a few people are having this issue, maybe there is a more widespread problem with the Steam patch? As it is, we cannot trust the signature checks - in the past, we would ban everyone who got caught with a modified PBO, but now legit players are also getting caught.

We`re also having this problem with our members trying to log into our server. I`ve had them try to verify the game cache and start up Arma2 then OA, then CO using steam as an administrator and no luck so far.

If they were banned by BE, is it a permanent thing that must be fixed somewhere in our configs?

I`m not sure how that works exactly.

Thanks,

-e

I am having a problem with the patch not showing up after it states that it was 100 percent applied. Do the letters at the top ever stop flowing from right to left during the install process ?

blackhawk do you have any security suite / anvivirus / software firewal (non default MS)?

i heard several times about users who installed patch w/o problem yet the binary is still 1.57 not 1.59

seems like the .exe was 'automoved' to some quarantine by antivirus or similar weird thing

Ok:

Interestingly, I tried logging onto our server after posting and ran into the same problem. I got a ton of key errors. So, I did the following:

1. Open steam as administrator

2. Verified game cache of Arma2

3. Verified game cache of Arma 2 OA

4. Ran Arma2 *using steam*

5. Ran Arma2OA *using steam*

6. Ran Arma2CO *using steam*

I was then able to login to our server without a problem.

However, then I closed it all down and tried using my desktop shortcut that has worked beautifully since I got the game. No dice. I got the same key errors. I checked my expansions to see if Arma2 was ticked off and it was. But no go.

So then I tried using ArmaII Launcher still with Steam turned off. Works like a charm.

There ya have it.

-e

there is no desktop shortcut for A2: CO

STEAM creates only A2 and OA shortcut

if you created any shortcut yourself or edited the _runA2CO.cmd

then ofcourse on verify file cache that file was replaced with default one

thus any mods You need for server can't be loaded

to avoid that just copy the _runA2CO.cmd to _runA2CO_electryx.cmd

then make the changes needed and then created own shortcut to it