Sign in to follow this  
chammy

A US Border Patrol Sim Mod?

I was wondering, if anyone will or has thought of this idea. I know that the Government has made a sim that costs us tax payers over 10 million dollars for the production of this idea for US government agents to use. I was thinking someone could make something equivalent to show them it doesn't have to cost that much to make. I can't make or mod games, but I will be attending the Border Patrol Academy soon....if I pass the next or last stages of the hiring process.

Doesn't help much if they've already spent the money, surely? Also there's the whole EULA against using it for purposes other than entertainment

If they wanted VBS they would've had plenty of chances to get it assumedly (although I'll diverge from that conversation to keep within the rules)

1. I think this should be in the addon request thread.

2. From what I've seen in the TV, the most action-packed thing they do is chasing some guy's footprints and catching him, so I don't see how this would be interesting. Unless you mean something like this, but that isn't really suitable for Arma either. Could you explain more on what would you do in the mod?

1. I think this should be in the addon request thread.

2. From what I've seen in the TV, the most action-packed thing they do is chasing some guy's footprints and catching him, so I don't see how this would be interesting. Unless you mean something like this, but that isn't really suitable for Arma either. Could you explain more on what would you do in the mod?

Shoot mexicans, duh... :rolleyes: (that is total sarcasm btw mods! not serious, just a joke on how eager beaver a lot of people in the southwest are to shoot illegals).

Anyways, you can't use ArmA2 for training, its against the EULA. Heck, border patrol might be using VBS2 for their border patrol sim, and there is usually a reason it costs that much.

We only work for free here because we enjoy playing with others, but if people are going to be using our stuff for commercial or military purposes then they are going to pay for it (and BIS will get paid too).

Well, the only idea would be to make random events making AI play hide and seek basically. Make foot prints stay visible longer depending on the weather and conditions be it rain, snow, shine, mud, etc. Throw some banditios in with weapons and trucks.A fence with a trip wire on it, etc. lots of fun. It can be comprised in the same way City Life would be, RPG. Wait, that's what its called right? city life? The old OFP1 RPG we'd spend an entire day playing?