Sign in to follow this  
Stefos71

To all BAF & PMC DLC ($9.99/ea) owners, Is Reinforcements a slap in the face?

I don't feel Reinforcements to be a slap in the face, I have had more than my moneys worth with both DLCs.

I think BIS is the one getting the slap in the face by selling it so cheaply.

i would buy an arma 2 teecup for 39.90

to support BIS

If they promise me an Arma 3 set in the Middle East ;)

Cost of Arma2 + AO + BAF + PMC, - cost of community addons, x hours of entertainment value = duh.. WINNING!!!

Edited by ChiefBoatsRet

@OldSpike:

If it is spread around 3 DVDs, something is clearly wrong, did you try to burn the *.exe files on a DVD or the whole Arma folder??

BAF: 350 mb

PMC:900 mb

Patch 1.59: 530 mb

so it should all fit on one 4,37 gb dvd

Complete bollocks.

Quality -thats worthy of a sig quote! :D

Just bought a Reinforcements DVD in addition to digital purchases of BAF and PMC I made on SPROCKET when they came out. Consider that an answer to your question. :-)

Hi all,

I simply do NOT understand why BAF & PMC are now full blown games, per se.

To me, when both BAF & PMC were DLC for $9.99/each, I was happy.

Now that the "full blown" Reinforcements stand alone is out, I feel ripped off.

Anyone care to shed some light on this or give some feedback?

I believe that registered owners, of which I am, should get a price break for Reinforcements.

Thanks

No, I don't feel ripped off at all. I saw the Reinforcements DVD in a store on the weekend and took a look at the cover, I hadn't realised it was also a standalone game, and I thought it was a good move, any move that attracts new users is a good move. But ripped off? I already have all the DVD's content, and have done for some time now. So I didn't need to buy it.

It's not a slap in the face, it's up to them, I wish they'd marketed it a little clearer though, a mate of mine almost brought it until i mentioned he already had the content. Just wish the DLCs had more content, at least that way they could justify sticking it on a disc more.

Perhaps, infact if you search his previous post history he seem's to have post much similar in other threads as he has here.

I think BIS is the one getting the slap in the face by selling it so cheaply.

notsureiftroll.th.jpg

Anyway got it for almost 28€, pretty much the same price I bought OA.

I think it's too much, couldn't care less about it being standalone. but I buy all BIS products since july 2001. I abstained from buying those DLCs and I'm glad BIS released a DVD package, but 28€ is way too expensive considering what it adds to the game...

I have yet no valuable reason not to continu to support BIS though.

Edited by dunedain

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/365/notsureiftroll.th.jpg

Anyway got it for almost 28€, pretty much the same price I bought OA.

I think it's too much, couldn't care less about it being standalone. but I buy all BIS products since july 2001. I abstained from buying those DLCs and I'm glad BIS released a DVD package, but 28€ is way too expensive considering what it adds to the game...

I have yet no valuable reason not to continu to support BIS though.

It also includes OA "Lite" though. So you more of paid for OA 1.5 times so far plus PMC and BAF. That is probably why, at least partially, why it is so expensive although I do think its reasonable. I'll be getting the DLC when I get a chance though.

You know as well as I that any other developer or publisher would have sold such a disc as a full game for $60. ;)

i dont have any of the PMC or BAF DLC'S. worth buying reinforcement?

The BAF stuff is most certainly worth it - the PMC stuff... up to you. You do get a nice little scrambly map with it though. I should say yes, the Reinforcements package is worth getting.

I dunno... PMC looks interesting. If it's modeled anything like PMC's in Iraq you would be pretty much immune from prosecution for whatever.

With the PMC DLC you start off operating a mess hall.

When you interact with/make buddies with the CIA you get promoted. Then you can you can whore around, party, fire exotic weapons at civilians and generally get paid $100K/yr while driving around town shooting up the place with your drinking buddies in a big black Suburban with A/C ;)

(just kidding :)

are the campaigns on these DLC's any good? better than many of the user made missions/campaigns? any bugs?

Also, is the dvd version compatible with my dvd version of arma 2 and sprocket version of OA?

are the campaigns on these DLC's any good? better than many of the user made missions/campaigns? any bugs?

Also, is the dvd version compatible with my dvd version of arma 2 and sprocket version of OA?

The BAF campaign is very good but short, however it does come with a load of quality single missions.

The PMC campaign is different from most ArmA campaigns and has a lower level of realism, sort of like EW, but personally i enjoyed most of it a lot.

No.

I don't feel ripped off one tiny bit for my 3 copies of BAF, my 3 copies of PMC, or my new DVD of reinforcements I recently ordered...

not to mention multiple copies of OFP, Resistance, Arma, QG, Arma II, OA, etc...

I fully support a few certain game developers (obviously BIS is one of them) and feel like I still haven't given them enough money for all the enjoyment they have provided me over the years.

Don't even try to make them look bad for doing something so many people begged for... :rolleyes:

what do u mean no? steam get downloaded and installed in the steamApp whilst the sprocket/dvd versions are instaled in program files. how are the 3 suppose to combine?