Sign in to follow this  
quakergamer

Resistance got bridges

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gollum1 @ May 18 2002,19:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I first saw a preview of OFP on some PCGamer CD, and I tought it looked pretty cool, but I quickly forgot it.

Then I got the OFP demo in april 2001.

I played it non-stop even tough...*drum rolls* I HAD A FPS OF -1! Yes it´s true, it was on my old 300 mhz system, and I still played it! So I bought OFP around Christmas and i´ve been playing it *Every day* since then on my 1 ghz.

BIS, you have brought so much joy to my life *sniff* smile.gif

And now, OFPR....<span id='postcolor'>

same here. I was hooked on the demo, even though I was on a 300 mhz machine with 64 mg of ram tounge.gif I would get about 10 fps with EVERYTHING turned all the way down, but I still couldnt get enough

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ May 19 2002,02:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well I got the idea when I fell through the wall in two-storey building (version 1.55) and landed on T80 and instead of falling through it or dying i was able to walk and sit on iot while it was driving around!<span id='postcolor'>

Nothing new. You could do it in 1.46 too:

tanksit1.jpg

tanksit2.jpg

If you want to try it out just create a unit (player) + tank.

Name the tank "datank"

In the player unit's init field type:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">pos = getpos(datank); x = pos select 0; y = pos select 1; z = pos select 2; this setpos [x,y,z+3]<span id='postcolor'>

Edit: After some further investigation, I noticed that while you could sit on the tank you could not ride along on it. So, perhaps it is a new thing after all that you noticed.

Armourdave made a script last year that let you stand or lay down on a moving tank. you could also fire your weapon.

-That bridge sure looks nice. And that water.... SWEET smile.gif

I wonder what types of new boats we're getting. A zodiac maybe? I sincerely hope so.

OFP sure has come a long way since the first screens I saw back in April/May'2000. Been following the project ever since. March'21st sure is a memorable day. My social life ended at June 15th'2001 (The day I got OFP) biggrin.gif

2 Shadow

How did u manage to get it on 15th of June?

Wasn't official release date 22nd of June?

AFAIK Sweden, Norway and a couple of other Scandinavian countries got the game a few days early because of summer solstice or something like that smile.gif

it would be sooo cool, if there would be trains. aaah... making a bridge ambush with satchels would be so cool

How about strafing a supply convoy that's crossing the bridge with a Hind?

*drools*

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ May 19 2002,19:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">AFAIK Sweden, Norway and a couple of other Scandinavian countries got the game a few days early because of summer solstice or something like that smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Damn, the fact that I didn't "discover" and buy OFP until August 2001 makes me so sad sad.gif

Delta Red One to base, Requesting shrink. Over.

Out of curiosity i browsed through the MPtest's stringtable file and found that in addition to a motorcycleclass there's a bicycle class...wonder if that's new!? (the bike class) Would be funny to watch a tour d' flashpoint....intro...or maybe not...

Situation: Driver and codriver discusses wether they should turn left or right at a T-intersection:

Codriver: I'm telling you, the base is 3km's up the road, now don't be stupid...and turn right.

Driver: No way' it's a leftturn and then a right turn I'm sure (shifts into first and starts turning left)

Codriver: WATCH OUT FOR THE BIKE...!!!

Biker: SPLAT!!

Driver: DAMN THOSE MIRRORS, If they only were more than stupid nonreflecting textures, he'd never sneak up us like that....

pffttt... end of story

COMMENT,New vehicle types

STR_DN_MOTORCYCLE,Motorcycle,Moto,Motocicletta,Motocicleta,Motorrad,Motorka

STR_DN_BICYCLE,Bicycle,Moto,Motocicletta,Motocicleta,Motorrad,Kolo

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ May 19 2002,12:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2 Shadow

How did u manage to get it on 15th of June?

Wasn't official release date 22nd of June?<span id='postcolor'>

I work in a computer-store. I drove down to the importers the day they got it inhouse. I work 15km from them smile.gif

Guess I'll be having a 30km ride in my car again when we're nearing the 28th of june tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ May 21 2002,10:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Guess I'll be having a 30km ride in my car again when we're nearing the 28th of june tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

So the release date is 28th? Thought it was 26th...

Its june 21st here in Denmark i believe.

Anyway... Bucycle... well... okay.... not that IM gonna use it... ill be happy walking instead smile.gif

I'm going to find out when it's released here (Sweden), and buy it the moment it arrives to the stores wow.gif  wink.gif  biggrin.gif

is it me or does that pic look like the guy is taking a leak biggrin.gif

OFP has been non stop fun since I got one of the Euro versions here in the states. I had just bought a Hotas for my flight sims and it was 6 months before I even had 10 hours on it.

Getting back into simming as the summer has put our OFP time to a halt sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IGFs TopGun @ May 22 2002,16:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">is it me or does that pic look like the guy is taking a leak biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You're right  biggrin.gif

Realism it was  wink.gif

The guy standing there in the sunset, looking over that beautiful bridge and water scene...

Is he taking a leak? Is there a script to make them do that?

biggrin.gif Just kidding...

Which begs an etiquitte question...

While you're panning across a scene of encampt soldiers with your sniper scope, and you spot some poor fool with his dong out taking a whizz...does one politely wait until he's through before drilling him with a well-placed head shot? Or do you just drop the guy and let his friends find him like that?

Hmm...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">does one politely wait until he's through before drilling him with a well-placed head shot? Or do you just drop the guy and let his friends find him like that?<span id='postcolor'>

Doesnt the Geneva Convention mension this somewhere??

Comparing these two pictures I think that the bridge may not be as long and big as it first seemed.

bridge2.jpg

bridge1.jpg

The second picture says [bRIDGE], so I assume it's the same one as the background scenery seems to match, though in the frist screen the bridge looks a lot bigger than in the second scene, where the bridge seems to ve very short.

On second thought I don't think it's the same bridge after all, or the second screen was taken before BIS fully modeled it as I don't see the lightpoles or the railing.

By the way "MOST" as it says means bridge in English. Who knows, perhaps there are more bridges than just one.

you have to wonder if it will be destructable... If it is then hopefully it wont just crumple like houses, vehicles. (one of the few things about the game that really gets on my tits is crumpled buildings)... Would be really nice to see chunks of it fall off but perhaps that is beyond the engine sad.gif

Man i want that bridge.I have watched movies where it involes destroying the bridge, while it is heavily gaurded, and tanks etc...I always wanted to try doing one in OFP, but with no succeses. sad.gif

What are u guys talking about. That's not a bridge on the second screenshot. I'm absolute positiva that that's not the bridge. They wrote "MOST" because there was nothing else in their minds.

How can u guys even worry about this. wow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gif

That second screenshot doesn't really look good. It looks like it would be taken from the console. tounge.gif