Sign in to follow this  
elvinjones

ati tray tools no vsync = blur bug. googled.

Arma 2.

Hi all, I just discovered arma and am in love. However, the WORST thing about it is mouselag, which upon googling saw the BI recommendation of using ATT to disable vsync.

I do have Catalyst installed, everything is set to off or application settings.

I installed ATT as administrator, and set vsync as always off.

Now Arma 2 STAYS blurry always. I tested by restarting the game with post processing at OFF, LOW and HIGH and the same thing happens at all these settings. If I change the game settings without restart, the blur goes back to normal, but as I understand it, this is because it disables the ATT forced setting.

How should I go about trying to turn vsync off and not having a perpetual blur? I really want bloom, as well as less mouse lag.

Thanks for ANY help!

Patch ArmA2 to 1.09, you should have the ingame-option to turn vsync off, no need to install ATT.

Set everything in CCC to default.

To get rid of the mouselag open your ArmA2 config under documents and change settings as shown:

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=0

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=0

If it feels too direct you can try setting both to 1 or 2 ;)

Make sure that both "Texture Preference" and "MipMap Detail Level" are set to "High Detail" in ATT.

Patch ArmA2 to 1.09, you should have the ingame-option to turn vsync off

sure ;) ? I get ingame option for vsync on/off only for OA/CombinedOps (1.59 and already since some betas before)

playing A2 standalone (1.09.78183) I don't get ingame option for vsync (running a2 standalone atm for some chernarus only missions and looked for it -> no vsync option in menu)

in spoiler's my actual arma2.cfg (1.09), there's no "vsync=..." entry (as opposed to my ArmA2OA.cfg, where it's well defined)

my complete "A2-1.09-cfg":

language="German";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=93750;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Resolution_W=1280;

Resolution_H=1024;

refresh=75;

winX=16;

winY=32;

winW=800;

winH=600;

winDefW=800;

winDefH=600;

Render_W=1440;

Render_H=900;

FSAA=2;

postFX=2;

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=2;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=536870912;

nonlocalVRAM=257294336;

Windowed=0;

Ooops, I stand corrected (was just guessing :p)

I do have arma 2 v1.09. So the good thing is that with the combination of the mouse setting in game as well as the mouse control panel change, it now feels much better (more 'realistic' to me...having carried very heavy backpacks I'd associate the mouselag with heavy drinking rather than the former :D )

Since Arma 2 is one of the best games I've ever played, I will be upgrading my pc which will result in more game time above the current half vsync limit (30 fps)...

->New problem: ATT worked getting rid of vsync albeit with a blurry screen. However since I restarted Vista 64, now ATT is returning an error "can't connect to low lever driver. please reinstall with UAC account disabled".

->I reinstalled ATT with UAC disabled, all other programs disabled, disabled integrity checks, and am STILL getting the same error.

->Now it looks like I have TWO problems to deal with to get higher than 30 fps. :mad:

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

So I'm looking up how to allow unsigned drivers...it would be great if this fixed both problems...

Thanks for the replies!

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

Aha! One more addition: I'm currently running Arma 2 at 50 fps, no blur, ATT running! But this is with UAC DISabled. I'm gonna play now and will get back soon as to whether or not turning uac on again causes issues.