Sign in to follow this  
dr_zakharotta

Projector and TV and laptop off. how to animate

Hello,

I'm doing a stealth recon mission where I'll start from Khe Sanh as a Seal, use a CRRC to infiltrate Utes at night, wearing a dead civilian clothes, so I can kill two officers inside a fort northeast of Kaminny. Now, I managed to get both officers seated and on TV and laptop but for cinematics purposes, I want both to be active at night, since I want them too busy on the footage that they didnt know what hit them. Any idea on how to animate the laptop screen and if possible insert custom screens or flash video to TV as well. They're both shut in the editor by default, and I dont know how to turn them on. Thanks.

Hello,

I'm doing a stealth recon mission where I'll start from Khe Sanh as a Seal, use a CRRC to infiltrate Utes at night, wearing a dead civilian clothes, so I can kill two officers inside a fort northeast of Kaminny. Now, I managed to get both officers seated and on TV and laptop but for cinematics purposes, I want both to be active at night, since I want them too busy on the footage that they didnt know what hit them. Any idea on how to animate the laptop screen and if possible insert custom screens or flash video to TV as well. They're both shut in the editor by default, and I dont know how to turn them on. Thanks.

You won't be able to animate unless they have a hiddenSelection for the screen (forget about flash animation, or any of that sort since A2 doesn't allow (yet) render to texture or picture in picture).

setObjectTexture

try this to see if they do. It should look kind of weird (missing textures). If so you might be in luck

this setObjectTexture [0,""]

Edited by PuFu

Ok, I just converted an image to a paa format and in the init of the laptop, I typed

B setpos [getPos B select 0, getPos B select 1, 0.85]; B attachTo [A]; this setObjectTexture [0,"Attach.utes/sas.paa"]

I know it says pbo/paa in the wiki but the mission is in utes and I cant find its pbo. Bear with me please.

Ok, I just converted an image to a paa format and in the init of the laptop, I typed

make sure that is 2^n format

I know it says pbo/paa in the wiki but the mission is in utes and I cant find its pbo. Bear with me please.

You need a .pbo file if it's packed in a pbo. If it is in your mission folder, just use

B setpos [getPos B select 0, getPos B select 1, 0.85]; B attachTo [A]; this setObjectTexture [0,"\sas.paa"]

The above should work if the image file is in your mission folder, and not other subfolder inside that.

Again, just for testing purposes, you should try it as i said (sorry can't test myself just now).

Pufu, I just cant get it. I have User/Documents/Arma2/ and in that there is Missions and UserSaved. Missions has only SQM and UserSaved has missions which has for example Attach.utes and inside this one for example, continue.ArmA2OASave only. No PBO since I don't know how to export the mission into PBO format (i.e. saving it to a loadable form). I'm really sorry for troubling you and I thank you for the prompt assist.

just checked, none of the objects you want have hiddenSelections defined, so you won't be able to do much with the method described above.

I suggest you take a look over the BIS A2 campaign, there is a scene where the projector is running. I would think there is a helper object for the job, allowing them to set different textures on top of it.

Anybody ever find out ware the Video projector screen is even located yet?

has this ben done yet. I have ben looking into he mission pbo but not seeing how they are doing this as the object screen class name is Misc_Videoprojektor_platno. They named the object BIS_platno and in the Briefing.sqf in the mission C0_FirstToFight.Utes.

Iv tryed to do it they way they have but fail to reskin the object every time. Can anyone help out with this?

I have the Video projector screen working with textures in mission. Now i just have to test the new mission putting new textures on the projector. If i can get the syntax corrected it will work. This mean it would be completely possible to have fully functioning briefing rooms for each mission tasks. :yay:

Still need to do some testing and make my own .paa pics so it will all be working and unique for each mission that is its current task. I dont know if its jip yet but hay atleast its working lol. When i finish ill post how i did it with a demo mission.

Edited by Cytreen

looks good, can you provide code used or a demo mission for those of us willing to look into it without a tutorial?

I have been trying to get this to work for the last 4 hours now. Still no joy.....

managed to get it work, you just need to create the projectorscreen, and then setobjectTexture it with the name of your picture in paa format.

here is a screen of my briefing room:

2012010100004c.th.jpg

2012010100005.th.jpg

2012010100006.th.jpg

First: set down an object or a gamelogic, and put this in its init field:

projectorScreen = "Misc_Videoprojektor_platno" createVehicle (getpos this); projectorScreen setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, 3]; projectorScreen setDir (getdir this)

that sets it 3m up in the air, which was the height I needed for my wall.

then you just need to make some pictures, convert the dimensions to 2^n (256*256, 512*512). Use texview2 from BI tools to convert them to .paa format. save them somewhere in your mission folder.

then when you want to create a slide do this:

projectorScreen setobjectTexture [0, "Briefings\Patrol\pic1.paa"];

where pic1 in this case is in a sub folder Briefings\Patrol in my mission.

hope that helps.

Has anyone figured out if its possible in Arma 3?

I agree with them:

Flag:

Flag setflagtexture "picture\Weyland-Yutani.paa";

Object:

Script version:
Object setObjectTexture [0, "picture\Weyland-Yutani.paa"];  // 0 or 1 for the object side.
Object setObjectTexture [1, "picture\Weyland-Yutani.paa"];

Editor Version editing mission.sqm:
THIS setObjectTexture [0, ""picture\Weyland_Yutani_m.paa""];