Sign in to follow this  
Wobble

Need new image hosting site

Netsnapshot eats shit! it keeps going down and apparentley they are going to stop allowing hotlinking.. a site/company dedicated to hosting images.. is gonna disallow hotlinking HOW FUCKED UP IS THAT!?

so, what are some other good free sites that allow hotlinking..

FYI: hotlinking is where you use the IMG tags...

places like Geoshitties and analfire dont allow this..

Yes, Homestead monitors it's visitors.

Your ISP might have good offers for your own WWW site.

Or you can try Tripod.

tripod doesent allow hotlinking

Placebo that damn noise is annoying

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ May 18 2002,00:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">http://www.sphosting.com/new.htm<span id='postcolor'>

This is exactly what I was looking for !

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ May 18 2002,01:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Placebo that damn noise is annoying<span id='postcolor'>

LOL

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bart.Jan @ May 18 2002,19:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ May 18 2002,00:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">http://www.sphosting.com/new.htm<span id='postcolor'>

This is exactly what I was looking for !<span id='postcolor'>

Me too!

I just uploaded my XML there. And I tried it in MP, and it works perfectly.

Stupid SpacePorts hosting deleted my XML without notifying me.

They're a bunch of assholes.

When I first signed up to Sphosting they had some stability issues where they would go down from time to time, but since then I keep getting Emails from them saying they've upgraded this and upgraded that so I would imagine their service is much more stable now, also about their rule of only hotlinking to jpg's, I'm pretty sure that if for example you want to hotlink a .gif you can simply rename it to .jpg and it will work smile.gif

Testing an animated gif renamed to .jpg

cartfart.jpg

<OBJECT CLASSID="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" WIDTH=50 HEIGHT=50><PARAM NAME=MOVIE VALUE=http://www.sphosting.com/placebo/authority.swf><PARAM NAME=PLAY VALUE=TRUE><PARAM NAME=LOOP VALUE=TRUE><PARAM NAME=QUALITY VALUE=HIGH><EMBED SRC=http://www.sphosting.com/placebo/authority.swf WIDTH=50 HEIGHT=50 PLAY=TRUE LOOP=TRUE QUALITY=HIGH></EMBED></OBJECT>

EDIT: hmm that's odd they support hotlinking .swf, well their sign up page has no mention of flash being supported or not so I guess for now it is smile.gif

Yeah, it looks like the animation keeps going, but the sound isnt looping. Nice compromise smile.gif

I tried renaming a gif to jpg but it said:

Files Uploaded Files uploaded to: Base Directory

Upload Results:

1 - wills.jpg does not look to be a true .jpg

Did you rename it before you uploaded or after? Upload it with it's normal name, then rename it in sphosting's file manager smile.gif

Sphosting.com is really good, and simple to use

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ChickenHawk @ May 19 2002,04:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It worked smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yup it did, but 300kb+ is just a smidge over the 100kb image rule wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ May 18 2002,02:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When I first signed up to Sphosting they had some stability issues where they would go down from time to time, but since then I keep getting Emails from them saying they've upgraded this and upgraded that so I would imagine their service is much more stable now, also about their rule of only hotlinking to jpg's, I'm pretty sure that if for example you want to hotlink a .gif you can simply rename it to .jpg and it will work smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

has any one gone here?> I know the hosting is on macs but 4.95 a month for 1 gb storage, and 20 gb bandwidth!! I pay $18.00 here but I only get 500mb of storage (which is a lot more than most others) and 10gb of bandwidth. If you need a lot of bandwidth the you should go here