Woot Italy :D

@ Aussie Digger: ANZAC and other Commonwealth troops will only be added once the British faction is flushed out further, meaning that not only more equipment is available but the model for the current troops is more refined, then we can go on to try and create as many Commonwealth units as we can ^_^

Edited by TankGun

A short video will be uploaded soon

Edited by eaglke

Hi Over the Top Team,

thanks for your great work. I waited some years for a Arma2 WW1 mod and you have created it!

I tried out the mod in the last months (only single player mode) and have some questions and on the other hand i want to suggest some points.

1.) When will you release next Version?

2.) When i'm using guns with explosive Shells arma2 freezes very often or it stops for a longer time, is that normal? (normally arma2 runs very well on my Computer)

3.) Lebel rifle: as far as i know the lebel rifle Magazine capacity was 8 rounds.

4.) G98II (trench Magazine) according some Internet pages the Magazine capacity is 20 rounds

5.) Number magazines: for my single Player missions i want that the ai soldiers have ammo for longer fire fights. I changed the Magazine size with "magazineType = 0.1 * WeaponSlotPrimary;" (i know this from the ww1 mod (OFP)). I don't use backpacks because as far as i know the ai soldiers can not use them.

6.) Will there be hand animations for bolt action rifles? I made a test with the I44 Hand animations. This worked with the G98, Lee Enfield and Lebel.

7.) Maps for single Player missions: AI soldiers are always stopped by barbed wire. Is it possible to create a Version of the maps with reduced or no barbed wire for single Player missions?

8.) Hand grenades: for combat at close distances i suggest that the hand grenades should not be to powerful and they should have some dispersion, otherwise close combat will ends always after few seconds.

9.) For combat atmosphere it would be good if ai Units can call artillery support.

What do you think obout my suggestions?

Best Regards

4.) G98II (trench Magazine) according some Internet pages the Magazine capacity is 20 rounds

Best Regards

:rolleyes: Not, 20..... plus 20 = 25 round :D:D.. 5 its normal magazin, trench magazin increase over 20 on 25....... :):):):) :j:

Hi Over the Top Team,

thanks for your great work. I waited some years for a Arma2 WW1 mod and you have created it!

I tried out the mod in the last months (only single player mode) and have some questions and on the other hand i want to suggest some points.

1.) When will you release next Version?

2.) When i'm using guns with explosive Shells arma2 freezes very often or it stops for a longer time, is that normal? (normally arma2 runs very well on my Computer)

3.) Lebel rifle: as far as i know the lebel rifle Magazine capacity was 8 rounds.

5.) Number magazines: for my single Player missions i want that the ai soldiers have ammo for longer fire fights. I changed the Magazine size with "magazineType = 0.1 * WeaponSlotPrimary;" (i know this from the ww1 mod (OFP)). I don't use backpacks because as far as i know the ai soldiers can not use them.

6.) Will there be hand animations for bolt action rifles? I made a test with the I44 Hand animations. This worked with the G98, Lee Enfield and Lebel.

7.) Maps for single Player missions: AI soldiers are always stopped by barbed wire. Is it possible to create a Version of the maps with reduced or no barbed wire for single Player missions?

8.) Hand grenades: for combat at close distances i suggest that the hand grenades should not be to powerful and they should have some dispersion, otherwise close combat will ends always after few seconds.

9.) For combat atmosphere it would be good if ai Units can call artillery support.

What do you think obout my suggestions?

Best Regards

1) the next realease will be set the 11 th november, in commemoration of the great war.

in this realease:

-> Nieuport 11

-> SE5A

-> Italian infantry

-> French early infantry

-> German early infantry

-> Fiat Rivelli MachineGun

-> Carcano M1891 rifle

-> Glisenti mod 1910

-> Revolver MAS 1862

-> Stokes mortar

-> Many Bug fixes

-> Demo mission for ramdom artillery

-> 2 Mission for italian side on chernarus map

2)I'm looking to fix this bug

3)Thank you, This will be fixed in the next release

4) petrtlach answer to your question

5) Yes but we would keep realistic carry of ammo.

6) Yes, but i need to ask to i44 team the permission to get it for our own mod.

7) I'm looking to create new barbed wire, more similar to ww1 ones.

8) Yes your right we will work on it

9) I already use a script with nice effect, i will add it in the demo mision.

Thank you for you suggestion, i hope you will enjoy our next release of the mod kraut.

Edited by eaglke

:rolleyes: Not, 20..... plus 20 = 25 round :D:D.. 5 its normal magazin, trench magazin increase over 20 on 25....... :):):):) :j:

Thanks for the info!

---------- Post added at 14:16 ---------- Previous post was at 13:20 ----------

Thanks for considering my suggestions!

Best Regards

the short movie as i promissed, about new italian infantry model :

the short movie as i promissed, about new italian infantry model :

would not it be better to use against the Italians Austrian soldiers?

Yes of course petrtlach !! but at this stage of the mod, we have no infantry model of Austrian soldier and rifle, i'm currently working on it but it is far to be finished.

Yes of course petrtlach !! but at this stage of the mod, we have no infantry model of Austrian soldier and rifle, i'm currently working on it but it is far to be finished.

I did not send too Mannlicher M1895?? A-H i have WIP :rolleyes:

Great work Eaglke !

I can see alpini troops as well as infantry with chepì cap and adrian helmets !

The uniforms looks appropriate, well done !

Hi all,

I have another idea to increase the number of magazines for rifles with small magazine capacitys that can be used by ai soldiers:

1.) I defined an additional magazine for the secondary? pistol magazine slots:

class WWI_7_92_5xMauser2 : WWI_7_92_5xMauser {

(general your magazine but with:)

type = 16; (instead of type = 256;)

2.) for the Mauser G98 I added the new magazine:

magazines[] = {"wwi_7_92_5xMauser", WWI_7_92_5xMauser2};

3.) I added the new magazines to the WWI_WH1 soldier. First the normal magazines are used and after they are empty the magazines of the secondary slots are used automatically.

This works with ai controlled soldiers too (I made 1 test).

What do you think about this?

Best Regards

Nice going Eaglke, love the work so far :D

As for petrtlach, nice barbed wire ^_^

Any WWI mod update release for 11th November (anniversary of the end of WWI)?

Carry on the great work mate, we are waiting with (im)patience !

Hi all,

First i would apologize about the 11th november release that i promised to the community. I had real life problem during the last month, and i work not as far as i want on the mod.

Anyway i continue to do the job, but there is a lot to do before the next release, i hope you (the players and our followers) aren't too disapointed about that.

Hi all,

First i would apologize about the 11th november release that i promised to the community. I had real life problem during the last month, and i work not as far as i want on the mod.

Anyway i continue to do the job, but there is a lot to do before the next release, i hope you (the players and our followers) aren't too disapointed about that.

As far as i'm concerned, not at all. That's not a job, after all :) Good luck for it.

Take your time, there is no rush. Looks great as always..

No problem mate, take your time, we hope for a Xmas release maybe.

Let us update with new incoming stuff.

Good luck and good work.

Hi all,

I would like to go more in depth with what eaglke said, we indeed wanted a 11th November release but life got the entire team and any and all things we are working on from eaglke to andrew all the way to me are not as far along as we had hoped or as polished so we are indeed sorry and hope the community can stick with us as we try to make at least an X-mas release.

I think the community will support you in any way, we honestly hope you will carry on the great work regardless a specific release date.

What you are doing is simply a great work.