how awesome WW2 was.

:j:

Well without WW1 "The GREAT War" there wouldn't be any WW2!

...that would have been nice, actually...

I fail to see how a war could be awesome.

+1000 mate

On topic: I'm italian but i visited verdun last year and i'm very impressed about the still visible battlefield, after almost a century, it looks like the battle was yesterday......

in one battle all the casualities of the entire napoleonic wars......, i really hope this will never happen anymore in human history.......

Edited by Simon1279

+1000 mate

On topic: I'm italian but i visited verdun last year and i'm very impressed about the still visible battlefield, after almost a century, it looks like the battle was yesterday......

in one battle all the casualities of the entire napoleonic wars......, i really hope this will never happen anymore in human history.......

Yep, and during the battle of Somme, 30 000 casualties in the six first minutes...

So will they're be American Doughboy soldiers?

ONTOPIC: Nice mod! Looking forward to playing it.

So will they're be American Doughboy soldiers?

America will be added way down the line, though they are in theory simple to do we would like to get the more complicated factions done first.

Woot! Glad to hear Americans in-game and I can understand all "Major" Factions in-game first. Such because America really didn't have "That Much" to do with WW1 except with its final years in 1917-1918. Nice mod and very cool weapons so far! Keep it up guys.

Thanks Thurman, ya we always had a plan to put the USA even if they only saw action during the end. When me and Hetsar started we originally planned to have as many of the factions as possible and though this is still the case right now we are taking it one day, step and faction at a time :)

I fail to see how a war could be awesome.

It depends on the context of which the word was used. In a sense, the war was awesome in that it inspired awe as it was a massive conflict in which many people were dying on the front so quickly. I would personally be in awe because of my fellow man dying next to me, whether it's from an explosion, rifle round, or from a machine gun. It'd be a dreadful awe, rather than how most people use the word today.

"an emotion variously combining dread, veneration, and wonder that is inspired by authority or by the sacred or sublime"

However, seeing as though he used it in the 'modern' way, I do also fail to see how war is actually 'awesome' or 'rad'. Just wanted to throw out a small technicality.

But back to topic, this mod surely is shaping up! Absolutely love war history. Historical mods like this are a definite download. :)

So with the Arma 3 Alpha and stuff out will this be ported to Arma 3?

So with the Arma 3 Alpha and stuff out will this be ported to Arma 3?

Lets not get ahead of ourselves, converting things to Arma3 is not going to be easy. I think a release for Arma2 would be best initially :)

That is currently going to be discussed amongst the team, I don't speak for everyone right now and I have yet to get ARMA III but I hear its very promising and far better then 2. However R0adki11 makes a point as well, we could also wait to port it and do an initial release first. As I stated originally this is going to be discussed amongst the team soon and I will keep you posted :)

This sir, is going to be the best mod for Arma 2 and perhaps Arma 3 ever created.

If you guys need help with research just contact me. That's basically all I do anyways beside playing ArmA.

Retexture of a Morane Saulnier type N, model by SkeligAndrew, and mapped by me.

Two version, french and russian.

arma2oa+2013-03-29+22-04-16-291.jpg

arma2oa+2013-03-29+22-04-29-172.jpg

arma2oa+2013-03-29+22-04-41-289.jpg

arma2oa+2013-03-29+22-06-33-447.jpg

arma2oa+2013-03-29+22-06-30-817.jpg

Edited by eaglke

Thank you for your comment guys :) it's very helpful for our team work :)

a little picture of the A7V generic version, with german crew and a soldier (unit made by petrlach), behind trench line on our ww1 map:

arma2oa+2013-03-31+18-04-07-656.jpg

Still, WIP, i continue to work on the texture to made it more realistic. Work on the interior too, you will see, engine, ammo, machinegun, maingun...

Edited by eaglke