Looking nice mate!! :)

Must apologise for my inactivity, been having some PC problems and have only just got them fixed so I will be on more now :)

some pics ingame :), i continue to work on texture wich are a bit basic.

arma2oa+2012-11-15+11-01-41-29.jpg

arma2oa+2012-11-15+11-03-25-96.jpg

arma2oa+2012-11-14+15-51-26-16.jpg

Looks excellent, the gun shield's a bit rough, though. Still, keep up the great work.

Nice all these great updates and all I can offer is an interesting story about fighting with Yvette the FT-17 as I struggle to understand config files under eaglke's guidance :p

Edited by TankGun

I hope we can play with the ft17 soon :p. some pics of a MG08 static weapon in test:

mg08_ingame.jpg

Edited by eaglke

@ Babylonjoke : Yes the optical will be fonctional, i work on it :)

Nicely done!~This mod is starting to seriously have some good potential thanks to these new additions.

Hey I'm interested in doing some modelling for your WW1 mod, In the past I have done work on the VTE: vietnam the experience mod but we have just completed the new release on that so no more updates until well into 2013 anyway

So i'm looking to keep modelling for another arma 2 project

I have like a little couple images of what I have done here.

http://imgur.com/a/XHt2N

It's not much but if you need the help I'll take a crack at it

would have sent as a pm but you need a certain ammount of posts.

Yes ProfTournesol, I work on a very basic model of an early german infantry units, with his caracteristic helmet. The model is very very simple, and the final will be more acurate with more details object and texture. there is no shadow, normal map and difuse. and animation not working as i want. Few pics of these:

ww1_german_ingame_test.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:40 ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 ----------

the rifle is not by me, it's the : GMS K98 addon

I like the German with the Pickelhaube and G98. I just hope they add Rifle grenades... <3. And now, a detail wall of text.

Will there be things like Trench Mortars? There was actually so many things that the few WWI games don't encompass, I'm just trying to provide more depth and details by pointing things out to you folks in hopes that nothing is forgotten.

Will the Gallipoli front be included? It wasn't that big a part of the war I suppose but it was important, as the theatre of Allied Forces was in fact under charge of Winston Churchill, whom you may know as the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom during the Second World War. It may be of lesser importance compared to other areas, but if you must disregard it to maintain momentum and focus, please at least consider Russia during the earlier years. It WAS in fact involved in The Great War, and in fact Tsar Nicholas Romanov II was Kaiser Wilhem's cousin, having written several letters to him.

Edited by Fanged

Russia will be included at some point down the line but currently we have decided on just Britain and Germany at first release. Gallipoli was a huge part of the war like any other battle so it is highly likely it will get featured eventually. :)

Hello^^

I am really looking forward to play a WW1 mod. And there are some questions and suggestions that I really would like to see:

Will there be gas bottles and gas shells?

Will artillery work properly so you dont have to work around to get it started? Because arty was an essential element in WW1 and it would be a crime to neglect this part^^

Will guns be able to get them fired by AI and to set gun elevation in the editor? That's important for me because I like to make videos and I long to see an artillery battery firing their salvos and I have had to make complicated script based work arounds (manning a gun, putting a target in the air, giving the gunner time to aim for the target, unmanning the gun, deleting the target object) just to make the guns look into the air so that it merely looks like a ready and waiting arty nest.

Will there be "less deadly" arty shells so that the player doesnt get killed instantly from a 105mm blow 100m away? Maybe by adding a random chance of getting killed further away to simulate fragments of the shell. Don't know the kill radius of a 105 round but as essential element, a player has to have a few chances even when being overrolled by a long lasting barrage.

Dont know more questions atm but I have a self made video of how I imagine the mod to look like. Made with content of the I44 mod and "offboard-artillery".

Wooaw, very nice model skeligandrew :p !!! my fokker E3 will be fight with your morane soon i hope :p. ( i have a hotchkiss mg model for this if you want !)

Very nice skeligandrew :D

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 AM ----------

Here is a WIP of my work on Jade the MK-1 Female, I still have some touch ups to do but for the most part I feel she is ready for in game testing, fixing things I find wrong in game won't be a problem once I can see her for what she will look like. :D

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y251/TankGun/Test%20Models/LentMK1FemaleSponsons2.jpg (132 kB)

LentMK1FemaleSponsonsInside2.jpg

LentMK1FemaleSponsonsOutside2.jpg

Edited by TankGun

I can't wait to play this mod but how long is it going to tak unitll a release I don't mean an Exact date I mean 1 year or 5 years you know what I mean?

@Rob_Mayall: Honestly not sure, I don't even want to say 1 or 5 years because I don't want to build any false anticipation if we lets say fail to release it on the time, etc :( I know this is hard to do because ya I followed and follow mods but I guess the best we can all do is go with it and at least hope for an alpha taste some time soon IF we can gather enough stuff :)

@Babylonjoke: There are, its just set to smooth edges for the time being as there are so many lines with just the base tank alone I broke Bulldozer :P

Also One more thing, thanks to Eaglke with the help we now have the FT-17 in game as well.

arma2OA2012-12-1217-44-40-89.jpg

The gun is done by me but the tank itself was one of the donated objects from Topas.