Question about battle of this mod:

Are you guys making a map/island?

Are the map custom or Historic/IRL data of the terrain?

Well we plan on having Historic maps based on battlefields such as the Somme, Our other idea was the entire area of France etc a bit like what Fields of war mod is doing.

Sadly we do not have anyone who can make maps for ArmA 2 at this point in time :(

Edited by hetsar

Very interested in this one. I never thought of the period suting a game very well, and it wasn't a period of history I took a great deal of interest in until I read a brilliant book by Ken Follett called the 'Fall of Giants'.

It told the story of the war in full from its politics to the conflict itself and the way the tactics developed. It also explains the reasons the war started more succinctly than any explanation I have come across even while weaving it into the storyline.

If you have not already I thoroughly recommend giving it a read.

Indeed, many thanks Taffy :)

Also it's that time of the year again, the MOTY awards is taking place. Please help show your support for OTT and vote for us. It would mean a lot for the hard-working team behind this huge mod. Also please remember to go and vote for other mods such as Hell in the Pacific and September 1939, two mods we think deserve to win :)

http://www.moddb.com/mods/ww1-mod-arma-2

Do you have some screenshots to show? So far I only see one tank, which was donated by Topas.

Sadly no, although we have been hard at work, so we hope to get some up soon(ish). Now the reason for no screenshots can be blamed on the now banned team member I mentioned a while ago named 'Bazz'. I won't go into further discussion about him though.

What does this mean? Well this basically means we have had to start all over again hence Topas kindly donating us some awesome gear.

Edited by hetsar

Thanks for the comment :)

also nope, although who knows, maybe a beta will arrive for a select few at some point then followed by a demo possibly (no promise)

Hi, can you send me the model you have problems with? Couldn't find it anywhere among all the stuff (need to clean up, apparently...)

Ah Santa comes bearing great gifts this year :)

Ok guys so as far as everyone knows Santa is going to be nice this year, we or I am planning on a X-Mas News Reel which will “try†please remember the word “try†to cram as many things in to it as possible. So for this week and the next week leading up to X-Mas I will be cramming away at as many models as possible, I am cramming so much that I have put aside getting my Sci-Fi novel published just to finish as many things as possible for our loyal fans because I don’t want anyone to feel that we have stopped or slowed down.

Also I would like to take the time to remind everyone that I have a Twitter that you can follow, this Twitter is my personnel one in which I do post info about which model(s) I am working on and sometimes even what. So if you have a Twitter feel free to follow me if you so wish it, it would mean a lot to me knowing that the fans at least could get some juicy info on what I am working on.

You can go to it and Search TankGun

or

Use this direct link

https://twitter.com/#!/TankGun

Also lastly @Altimeter: If you checked a few posts before Topas’s MK-1 you would see my MK-1(s) and if you check our ModDB it is filled pictures of my work :)

So that’s it for me now, back to work I go :D

Ah thanks Laqueesha, those will be very important for when the US is added :D

Ah thanks Laqueesha, those will be very important for when the US is added :D

No problem. ;)

Here is a little tease sneak peak for our fans, its just a little taste of what is to come in the news reel :)

This is of course the Lend leased MK-1 Topas gave us :)

MK-1LentleaseSneakpeak.jpg

Edited by TankGun

EDIT: Due to image limitations I have to break this up in to two or more posts, sorry everyone :(

Ok boys and girls the big day has arrived, DoD is proud to present its Christmas News Reel. This News Reel will cover several different things, from new models to logistical assets. So to kick it off I figured we would start with the Logistics.

“Grain film crackle†5-4-3-2-1 “Auld Lang Syne startsâ€

So for a reminder I along with the group have a Twitter. Mine is mostly used to tweet things about models and sometimes other things, the main groups one is used for major announcements, site updates or retweet of my model work posts.

DoD Group:

https://twitter.com/#!/DoDgroup

TankGun:

https://twitter.com/#!/TankGun

Next we finally have a forum and a web site up, we invite all our fans to join the forum and join us in our chats, posts and discussions. Hetsar is our Web Admin and site builder and any and all questions about the forum and site are to be pointed towards him.

Site:

http://decades-of-development.com/

Forum:

http://www.decades-of-development.com/forum/

I also would like to remind everyone of our facebook page as well, it is linked so that my Twitter posts are posted on it as well for those who are not on Twitter at the time or wish not to bother with it. The page will be used to add pictures and other information about stuff when it becomes available.

Page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Over-The-Top/153300454734737

Also as a reminder we have a Bi forum post and a ModDB page for those on each area who is unaware.

BI:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=117126

ModDB:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/ww1-mod-arma-2

Now on to the content, I would like to remind everyone that these are still alpha and are very much subject to change unless otherwise stated by me. Again I was simply reminding people in the event they feel the model sucks and wants to say it but refrain from it as again many of them will be changed as time goes on but are currently either placeholders, showcases or alpha models.

So first I figured we would start you off with some more recent models of mine, very basic yet essential. So first we have Artillery Cannon shells, both with the head and without discharged after fire.

buldozer-2011-12-21-08-42-05-88.jpg

buldozer-2011-12-19-11-27-41-58.jpg

Next we have ammo crates of different sizes, like the shells they will be able to be placed on the map as props and as actual ARMA engine weapons and ammo crates.

buldozer-2011-12-21-09-21-32-27.jpg

Here we see a basic stockpile, nothing fancy but still nice to look at, again something you could do in the editor for props and environmental set ups.

buldozer-2011-12-19-11-15-28-93.jpg

buldozer-2011-12-19-11-18-42-13.jpg

Next I will be showing you Houses, both with and without interiors for our map, the ones with interiors are well done and I attempted to take in to account how units get stuck in ARMA when trying to enter buildings. The second interiored house has my first set of stairs ever done, and they came out amazing. As for the first 3 place holders they are suppose to be random not enterable like on Cherno.

First we have two normal village houses.

buldozer-2011-12-21-08-42-58-10.jpg

buldozer-2011-12-21-08-43-20-02.jpg

This third one is suppose to be a Mansion complex with main wing and two additional, stables and servant quarters topped off with a low wall around the perimeter. Note this is one of the sets that I will have to over haul majorly or scrap all together if they still don’t work right and do them all over again.

buldozer-2011-12-21-08-43-51-27.jpg

Edited by TankGun

Next we have the interior houses with fire place.

buldozer-2011-12-21-08-44-11-17.jpg

buldozer-2011-12-21-08-44-21-90.jpg

buldozer-2011-12-21-08-44-30-47.jpg

Followed but the two story house with the stairs. It for the time being has the same layout as the one story but in the future I will try to make different houses with different layouts and floors.

buldozer-2011-12-21-08-44-45-88.jpg

buldozer-2011-12-21-08-44-54-36.jpg

Ok so next we have the FT-17 donation “Yvette†with my new period weapons, so first we will show Yvettes MG. In order to make it I had to break down the Polish one and learnt a lot about making models from just the gun.

buldozer-2011-12-21-08-40-35-95.jpg

Next we have Yvette with the Snub or pig nose cannon.

buldozer-2011-12-21-08-41-15-00.jpg

And finally we have a rare, version of the FT-17 with a Vickers. This picture here shows one on display yet I am curious as to how many where ever really made.

buldozer-2011-12-21-08-41-31-67.jpg

ft17_04.jpg

Lastly we have the MK-1 that was lent to us or known as Darren in the Male version but originally named Jade over all. I was planning on building a very detailed interior but found that this one had it, however this is a MK-1 and I can learn much from it when I must build the MK-4 and so on with I hope interiors.

buldozer-2011-12-21-08-45-26-46.jpg

buldozer-2011-12-21-08-45-50-42.jpg

buldozer-2011-12-21-08-45-53-92.jpg

buldozer-2011-12-21-08-46-00-60.jpg

buldozer-2011-12-21-08-46-15-97.jpg

buldozer-2011-12-21-08-46-19-69.jpg

buldozer-2011-12-21-08-46-22-36.jpg

buldozer-2011-12-21-08-46-28-97.jpg

buldozer-2011-12-21-08-46-34-37.jpg

That concludes the content update for this Reel, now Katzen a local ModDBer and modder whom I befriended had a few concept arts for us but due to me falling ill I am forced to post this today and not on the 24th which is what I wanted and so her art will have its own very special update coming in the near future. Before I let you go however I found something funny while playing my Bounty Hunter on The Old Republic. I hope everyone enjoys this and enjoyed the large update that I worked hard to present, I would like to wish everyone from a Merry Charismas and a Happy New Year from Decades of Development.

swtor-2011-12-16-20-37-16-87.jpg

Looks legit, but the houses have terible smoothing groups.

No denying that, still figuring out exactly how to make them look right, been only making these sense last week.

In all honesty: I think with your level of expertise it would take you too much time to make a "total conversion".

Remember, up to this point there is only one mod in existence who was able to pull it off, the "Invasion 44" one. Its a tremendous amount of work.

Why dont you try a "mini mod" instead, two-three tanks, some guns, two kinds of infantry?

This is not supposed to pull your mod down, the shown stuff is great and every guy who takes addon making upon himself is even greater!

No denying that, still figuring out exactly how to make them look right, been only making these sense last week.

Try changing the smooth edges to sharp ones ;) for non-curved, flat surfaces as walls and roofs it should do the trick

"U" and "I" buttons

Oh, and of course good to see your progress

PS: Due to me having fallen ill as well, and now catching up on RL stuff I had no opportunity to check your files. Will do once given time and will, sorry - just can't promise anything atm