minimalaco

Clafghan Map 20x20 Beta Release

My favourite map out of all the arma maps I've every played on. Great job guys, thanks for this awesome map.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but it seems that I cannot spawn units in random locations by using the spawn radius. They will always spawn in the same place. This only happens on this map. Could you please look into it when you have the time. Thanks.

Just wanted to say that this is my favorite island of all time. For those who are interested, we have been having an MSO-inspired event at UnitedOperations.net for the past week, peaking at around 70 players and fluctuating between 20-40. Here's some gameplay footage of the island in action:

I also have two videos of the above mentioned event. They're not that thrilling. ;-)

And a short funny clip.

Keep it up!

Love your videos guys... i think about joining united Ops for some games with ya...

Looks very great!

Great map. I'm loving it.

One quick question, it has probably been answered but I didn't find it; I can't use nearestObject "house" for some reason? It always seems to zero. Is this a known issue?

Have you found a solution?

Have you found a solution?

hope that may be related to grid config which has already been fixed and will be available in next release...

happy new (and last) year hahahahaha!!!!!

Hello,

I have noticed that the AI can go thru the "sand walls" in camp located on mountain (like on your picture). Maybe it is related to the object used, i don't know. Just to let you know.

But overall it is a great map. My no.1.

Thanks for the hard work.

Regards,

hope that may be related to grid config which has already been fixed and will be available in next release...

happy new (and last) year hahahahaha!!!!!

speaking of the next release.... :D

Just a weird question coming from HQ of 6th AB unit,

Would it be a horrible and long taking job to make a Insurgency mission for this?

that would get any server with this map on rotation full all day erry day.

back to lurking.

/out

Just a weird question coming from HQ of 6th AB unit,

Would it be a horrible and long taking job to make a Insurgency mission for this?

that would get any server with this map on rotation full all day erry day.

back to lurking.

/out

It likely wouldn't be that difficult, but Insurgency operates by spawning enemies on building positions which there just aren't that many of them on Clafghan. A similar concept that also takes advantage of the open terrain would probably be better. Then again, I've only really played it on Fallujah which might be skewing my view. It could be entertaining to watch people drive across the map if nothing else.

For reference, here is a screenshot showing all the grids Insurgency detects as valid for placement.

Ouch, if it wasn't for the distance it would be like.. insurgency on Proving grounds..

15th meu fallujah insurgency?

Not exactly. To the best of my knowledge, a lot of what they have running is based on the Op4 version I made about 6 months ago.

The future addition of the 8-12 villages mentioned in the original post could definitely help Insurgency depending on how they're placed. Otherwise the only other thing I can think of would be to manually add a bunch of houses with the mission itself but there are very few areas where that is even possible.

Definitely more of a MSO map, I'd say.

Robster/Minimalco,

Great map guys!

We're working on getting MSO compatible with the map. The v4.0 MSO will be released soon and CLAfghan works really well with it.

We have had to create locations for the map using our own MSO function - we do this for any custom map. The function can actually be used by map makers to place data into your config.cpp (specifically the names.hpp part). Let me know if you want more info. Basically with MSO the function creates over 100 locations to spawn enemy and also creates CityCenters for Ambient Civ and vehicles. There is a thread in the terrain editing area.

As a map maker, I also have a dynamic intro script. I have created one for CLAfghan (noticed it was missing from your config / folder structure). You can download it from here - http://www.2shared.com/file/zWdv6DDE/cla.html.

Regards

Tup

LOVE dynamic intros (like yours Tup!), so yes please :)

Now, for map makers, if only there was a way to read an HPP file (in useconfig) that would allow you to change the time to view a target for a while, or to follow a target engaged in combat WITHOUT having to depbo the map that would be amazing.

As a map maker, I also have a dynamic intro script. I have created one for CLAfghan (noticed it was missing from your config / folder structure). You can download it from here - http://www.2shared.com/file/zWdv6DDE/cla.html.

hi,

I ve done the requirements in the intro.sqf, but i have a black screen in the editor preview. i can hear the sound, vehicle engine on, music, but always a black screen.

Any idea ?

Just does not work module "Civil Transport (environment)".

When you plan out updating of the map?

i still have that strange texture flickering, only on this island for some reason. In the middle of the screen, only sometimes..that totally pi**** me off, 'cause that map is super awesome

hi,

I ve done the requirements in the intro.sqf, but i have a black screen in the editor preview. i can hear the sound, vehicle engine on, music, but always a black screen.

Any idea ?

Sounds like the title fade out isn't happening, did you edit the intro script at all? Can you post it to pastebin?

quick question, i heard rumors about the opx buildings being replaced with OA buildings in future releases? anything true about that? also will there be more caves other than in the bases? would be amazing to go cave hunting and of course great mission maker material!

thanks for the answers guys, best map out there, love it!

quick question, i heard rumors about the opx buildings being replaced with OA buildings in future releases? anything true about that?

I really hope NOT.

Off course there are some -minor-differences at 'quality' level between

O.A's buildings and OPX's- but i prefer variability from 'cloned' villages

like Takistan's :y:

the issue with that is the opx buildings dont have ai points in them, so like unsergency is almost an empty map because the ai cant spawn. i say keep both, but do more OA buildings than opx

Anything been done about the civilian module not working with this map? If not, how difficult would it be for someone to get a "hotfix" out the map?

Anything been done about the civilian module not working with this map? If not, how difficult would it be for someone to get a "hotfix" out the map?

use wolffys civilans, they make it compatable but seeing theres no alice in the first place you get cars on roofs and flying civs

I will just wait on the next release when something official is made. The floating cars and civilians kinda defeats the purpose xD. Thanks though.