minimalaco

Clafghan Map 20x20 Beta Release

Yes, that is precisely the idea, but I will not remove any existing trees, I'll just add more variation with the pines or other trees

and is also to build some logging camp

http://www.greenpeace.org/international/ReSizes/OriginalWatermarked/Global/international/photos/forests/2010/7/03-central-kalimantan-logging.jpg

BTW I made copy & paste about enviromental animal life ... but still haven't seen any rabbit over there... sorry guys I'm still a newbie :(

I tried the map last night for only a few minutes and it's great. Thanks for your work. I also noticed that there was a rabbit running around some Takiban guys moving towards my position, so animal life is working, at least a little bit. Just a FYI.

Thanks for the great work and making it available to us.

wow, just finished my first legitimate mission on the map, with the help of Mando's air support console and norrin's fast ropes good times were had. As our insertion bird pulled away they got hit by a missile and crashed, I kept the mission going and lazed a Takistani warlord's house for a JDAM, defended my LZ for 10 minutes while waiting for another bird to come pick us up in tiny clearing on the side of a mountain, to where we bombed down the valley and defended the crew of the CH-47 until the enemy gave up. I can see this becoming my favorite map, much of the fighting on the mountains is up close and personal because it's hard to get line of sight on the enemy.

This map is absolute amazing and with great potential to get even better.

Thank you for this great map

I tried to fill up Mike 1 with soldiers, but I just can't edit them in 3d editor, due to some error. And I can't do it in the 2d editor. Can someone please make a template for the Forward Operating Bases? Thank you!

very exiting, quite mediterrean looK.

a question :

we have download it on our server for ferther test MP : at connection it ask for signature at close down.

the .pbo seem to be signed but you did not put any .bikey in the file...

Am i wrong or because it is a beta ?

Minimalco and Robster: thanks so much for this enormous and detailed map. As others have said, it's one of the few maps to really convey a sense of scale. I think it's remarkably complete for a beta. A little more tree variety and ambient civilians support and it'll be perfect. I know I'm going to spend a lot of time on this map, it's an instant classic.

excellent im not too sure about the desert houses though they dont seem to fit in to the terrain maybe a reskin on them ? but saying that im not criticiseing in anyway good work man very good.

Is there a way to only get the the bisigns and the bikey ? i haven't used your updater yet but i already dl'ed the island, i don't wann dl it again ..cheers
No need to download again, just make sure the modfolder is called the same as on the updater network, and run the usual install/update action and answer yes to conversion confirmation :)

Hey guys, anyone willing to host a server with this? we need one asap!

I'd love to see a small server running this, i've done some tests on MP already runs really well.

seeing that map with the full amount of players - a takiban vs. usa pvp event would be awesome. 50 takis trying to take a big fob in the mountains. love the map

Hey guys, anyone willing to host a server with this? we need one asap!

I'd love to see a small server running this, i've done some tests on MP already runs really well.

we may host with pw with a modified version of war in takistan that i've already ported on tora bora..seems to work ..also acre implemented

Regarding the event, taking over a takistani held town would also be nice , me + buddy will join :)

seeing that map with the full amount of players - a takiban vs. usa pvp event would be awesome. 50 takis trying to take a big fob in the mountains. love the map

Yeah its awesome we already have done that on early closed betas of the map, and was epic(You can search in youtube for "Arma 2 TVT UST101-Nido de aguilas " ). But the map has almost nothing to do with the one 6 moths ago :P. ^^, now will be even better ;)

Edited by columdrum

Took my Tier One Operators out for a spin, and took some snapshots :

snowmanv.jpg

:) great map indeed.

Apart from everything thats going to come with fixes and additions already mentioned, I found that it would be nice to see the satellite map skin to be a bit more defined and less wishy washy looking on the hills. A bit like what Chernarus skin mod did for that island.

Saying that running this with the color module dropped into the editor looks really sweet. Looking forward to updates :) Its a great terrain for driving and paroling, lots of sheer drop areas and driving takes some more concentration.

Edited by mrcash2009

I also used color module and movie day..thats superb..Very nice map..looking forward to nice coops

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

Question:

Did you change the lod's of the "mb" pbo's ? I downloaded your package, buddy via sickboys updater, in the package i have pbo's like mb_trees_lite or clutter_lite , buddy has the stock opx and mb pbo's ..Whats the difference and why is it different?! Just wanna get the server ready and i'm confused now..

Cheers for any info

ok i take the acre thing back, the rest seems to work..if anybody wants to join us..just pm me or hit xfire : poon666

Question:

Did you change the lod's of the "mb" pbo's ? I downloaded your package, buddy via sickboys updater, in the package i have pbo's like mb_trees_lite or clutter_lite , buddy has the stock opx and mb pbo's ..Whats the difference and why is it different?! Just wanna get the server ready and i'm confused now..

Cheers for any info

Afaik there's no difference between objects. It's only a lite version versus a full version of objects... That's why we didn't address these as required addons, since some people already have full version and we didn't want to force everybody to download this specially considering that we didn't use all those objects found in full version... thus, it's a more efficient way to manage things imo

ok i take the acre thing back, the rest seems to work..if anybody wants to join us..just pm me or hit xfire : poon666

Hey dude,

Are those Riot servers running the map 24/7?

I'm in GMT+10 Australia so it's difficult to meet up with Europe players