minimalaco

Clafghan Map 20x20 Beta Release

This is how every Arma map should be map from here on out. Seriously, I believe you have set a new standard for maps. *Bow Down*

Well you guys certainly don't dissapoint.

Maybe the grass color we see in clip isn't exactly what we'll see on our own comps? So the effort may not be worth it. But if i were to crit', I'd say that it isn't so much a saturation issue but balance. Personaly I'd go a wiff more blue. More forest, less gobblin if you get my drift. Should also work better against the greyer distance.

Yeah, this fixed the problem of the grass. we were just now seeing some combinations of grasses, and are much better.

probably, there will be some areas where grass does not look good at 100%, which will be fixed in the final version.

The idea is to populate all the main valley. therefore, spend too much time and work in an area where most change in 1 month at 100%, not worth it.

I go to sleep, tomorrow I upload the map.

greetings.

Looks good guys....really antisapaiting this one! Kunar is on of my fav places and you guys did an amazing job ;)

The second video is blocked now because of copyrights, thought you ought to know.

Great EMI

Como resultado, tu vídeo se ha bloqueado en estas ubicaciones:

Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Andorra, Angola, Anguilla, Antarctica, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Bouvet Island, Brazil, British Indian Ocean Territory, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Congo - Democratic Republic of, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cote d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), Faroe Islands, Fiji, Finland, France, French Guiana, French Polynesia, French Southern Territories, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guam, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Heard Island and McDonald Islands, Holy See (Vatican City State), Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Martinique, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mexico, Micronesia - Federated States of, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, Norfolk Island, North Korea, Northern Mariana Islands, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Pitcairn, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Reunion, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tokelau, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, United States Minor Outlying Islands, United States Virgin Islands, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Wallis and Futuna, Western Sahara, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe

:rolleyes:

Thanks mate, but I put other track. and I'm uploading the complete pack.

1 hour , 20 minutes... :S

A5T6L0HLq-Y

Awesome map man and like the rest waiting as well... OBTW how many villages do you have in this map? I want to take a platoon of 173rd Sky Soldiers on patrol LOL....

11-12 villages in the mountains, in the final release, we want have aprox 25 villages.

Ok, finally...

f4l6ye.jpg

A5T6L0HLq-Y

Hello everyone,

Robster and I are glad to release Clafghan BETA version, after being stuck for couple of months. So we made our last effort and here you have it.

This map is 20x20 Kms. Based upon Kunar Province in Afghanistan, but this one deploys different structures that don't belong to the real area and we added them just to bring them for the sake of joy, therefore if you see a five floors building over there don`t be surprise hehehe

Clafghan map actually has:

• An airport at (very) extreme south of map (Automatic landing is OK, but IA taxiways is still pending)
  • Main valley at north, where most of structures are found and a river (walkable)
  • 3 valleys going south from main valley
  • Road network everywhere, drive carefully in mountains roads.
  • 5-6 little FOBs in the middle of the mountains, some of them just for infantry, and 3 left for heli ops.
  • Several villages in mountain areas.
  • River going down from a higher valley (not finished yet, perhaps in a future update, it wasn't priority right now).
  • Many interesting zones for some good ol'dirty firefights between mountanis

Further update (final release):

• populate with plantations and villages most part of north main valley
  • change trees in some areas to keep it not so tedious
  • add 8-12 little mountain villages
  • Custom sounds according to different zones and heights
  • Add mountain horizon over 360 degrees view
  • Adjust and peform better masks for grounds and clutter
  • Add some tips or suggestions provided by community
  • Keeping to pay attention to more details...

Known errors:

• When loading map in editor appears a warning about “wall3.p3d†(config.bin error inside razmisc pbo: correct name would be “wall_3.p3dâ€), if Opteryx give us permission to modify that in pbo, it should dessapear in our next release. Anyways, it isn't really a major problem nor it doesn't gives any trouble ingame, since this particular object wasn't used.

Robster notes:

• This one was suppoused to become Korengal Valley, and by the time I started with this project I didn't know that Ebanks was working over there... till Mini told me, so we decided to keep going with a slightly different idea in mind
  • Thus, Pech Valley was expanded by 20x to open space for our Clafghan north valley.
  • Former heights were reduced to comply with ArmA specs
  • An airport wasn't there when beginning, so do not bother saying it is remarkably outplaced... since it is indeed

Adknowledgements to:

• Columdrum for his sloped ponds and Randy Stratton for providing this concept
  • Mikebart for his excelent vegetation and rocks
  • Opteryx, for his permission to use his ArmA objects
  • Homer Johnston for his Roadpainter
  • Danielle Pistollato AKA Shezan74 for his World Tools
  • Bushlurker, Mondkalb, Mikero, Kinno and Icebreakr for providing us with constant advice and help
  • Redloto, Guyo y Spets from www.arma2la.com
  • And everyone at BIS for providing us with such creative engine and endless hours of excitement
  • Also we have to thank to all guys from =TFB= Task Forces Blackjack for their closer support and ideas dealing with building some areas (to be included in final release)

Download HERE (All pbo's Included) :http://www.multiupload.com/HFQGTJZ8HQ

Edited by Minimalaco

Nice! downloading... i think i might hear that chant as i explore it :D

edit: Huuuge map, took a Gaz Limo for a spin up top around Ovallestan along the river, ran smooth on my system although it was just me, very believable map from the few places i ventured, great work!

Edited by Katipo66

Armaholic needs to get on it! Free downloading services don't like things done in a timely manner..

multiupload has plenty of fast mirrors.. it's the best alternative before the sites can get their hands on it.

congrats on the release :)