Sign in to follow this  
nordin dk

Episode ii spoiler thread

How could this Junkfilm Spiderman earn four times more money during the first week than junk-film Starwars? I mean I liked the first episode but those Robos were just fucking childish. And those Superman, Batman, Spiderman, Iron-man, Tarzan, Mr.Frost Films are definately the result of a fucked up baby-boomer generation. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ May 21 2002,18:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How could this Junkfilm Spiderman earn four times more money during the first week than junk-film Starwars? I mean I liked the first episode but those Robos were just fucking childish. And those Superman, Batman, Spiderman, Iron-man, Tarzan, Mr.Frost Films are definately the result of a fucked up baby-boomer generation.  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Head over to IMdb.com....got a story on it...

But in a nutshell Spider-Man made more money because Sony "locked" the theaters that it would be distributed in....forcing Star Wars to somewhat smaller capacity theaters...causing Star Wars to also be shown on far fewer screens than Spider-Man.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ May 21 2002,15:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I didn't understand the Boba Fett remark....I'm assuming that you are saying because I think he did nothing and was hardly the badass (in the first series) that people thought he was or I thought he could be......that that makes him a badass. And that makes no sense. He did NOTHING in the original series. NOTHING. Except FOLLOW the Falcon. He didn't attack them or ANYTHING. He had like 4 lines. When he finally DOES get to fight...whats he do? He lands RIGHT BEHIND Han and gets thrown into a sand worm. Not to bright....the hell you have to land behind some one for? Isn't that why blasters are there....to do it from a distance. And saying just because we didn't see him jetting out of the monster doesn't mean he didn't is stretching it. He was KILLED. Period. Its accepted and is fact. I'm just hoping he is the bad ass he can be in Ep. 3.<span id='postcolor'>

Actually It's not accepted and it's not fact. Boba Fett did escape from the Sarlacc. Can't rember the details of how he escaped, but he did. Read the Dark Empire graphic novels and you'll see him alive and well.

What you have to understand is that we hardcore fans think Boba Fett is badass because we view him outside of the context of just to trilogy, we take into account literature writen about the character set before and after the trilogy.

Spiderman sucks my ass. I hate comic book characters. I really hate movies about them too. mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PHY_Hawkeye @ May 22 2002,02:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif2--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ May 21 2002,15wow.gif2)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I didn't understand the Boba Fett remark....I'm assuming that you are saying because I think he did nothing and was hardly the badass (in the first series) that people thought he was or I thought he could be......that that makes him a badass. And that makes no sense. He did NOTHING in the original series. NOTHING. Except FOLLOW the Falcon. He didn't attack them or ANYTHING. He had like 4 lines. When he finally DOES get to fight...whats he do? He lands RIGHT BEHIND Han and gets thrown into a sand worm. Not to bright....the hell you have to land behind some one for? Isn't that why blasters are there....to do it from a distance. And saying just because we didn't see him jetting out of the monster doesn't mean he didn't is stretching it. He was KILLED. Period. Its accepted and is fact. I'm just hoping he is the bad ass he can be in Ep. 3.<span id='postcolor'>

Actually It's not accepted and it's not fact. Boba Fett did escape from the Sarlacc. Can't rember the details of how he escaped, but he did. Read the Dark Empire graphic novels and you'll see him alive and well.

What you have to understand is that we hardcore fans think Boba Fett is badass because we view him outside of the context of just to trilogy, we take into account literature writen about the character set before and after the trilogy.<span id='postcolor'>

LOL,

You refer to a licensed graphic novel to prove that Boba Fett survived...! biggrin.gif So if I make up a StarWars story, it's a valid argument too? In all the scenes in which he appears, in the *official* story, he's a total loser. After watching Episode 2 I know even better, since he's a clone of Jargo, who also is a loser (as he drops his head pretty easy). And if stormtroopers (or in this film, pre-stormtroopers) are such lousy shots in all the old films, it must be because they're Fett clones biggrin.gif

Anyway, stepping away from unimportat detail, I think Episode 2 overall is an uninteresting film. Glimpses of it where both very cool and very mind-bending (clone factory was very cool and surreal), but these are just glimpses picked out from a 2 hour long film. Most of it was - not boring - just unnecessary or uninteresting. I really think it's a shame that Lucas hasn't got the balls to focus on proper drama, where characters are identifyable and moving, instead of this uninteresting mix of "Gone with the Wind" + a bunch of other stiff and hollow romances, "Spartacus" and then some "Henry IV".

Also, Lucas scores 10/10 on the Shitty Dialogue Barometer.

With all those StarWars money and a brand name that guarantees a big audience, I had cetainly gone for the opportunity to tell a story I really *care* about telling, and not just another merchandise booster.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You refer to a licensed graphic novel to prove that Boba Fett survived...! biggrin.gif So if I make up a StarWars story, it's a valid argument too?<span id='postcolor'>

No it wouldnt be a valid addition to the Starwars continuity, because that kinda stuff is under strict guidance of GL himself. Every single book, comic and even games are thoroughly checked by a special Lucasfilm/arts continuity team. There are litterally thousands, if not millions of 'rules', 'facts' and 'laws' of what goes on in the Star Wars continuity, to ensure everything fits together.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sith @ May 22 2002,01:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and he looks dissapointed<span id='postcolor'>

Who? Palpatine? Far from it I'd say...

Everything is going exactly the way he planned it. He just got emergency powers, so he basically is Emperor in all but name smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Nah, that american guy, from that cop show.

Bobba did survive that pit, he exploded his jetpack, allowing him to escape, and then was rescued by a fellow bounty hunter. He then found that slave 1 had been impounded, and he took slave 2.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sith @ May 21 2002,17:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and he looks dissapointed<span id='postcolor'>

Who? Palpatine? Far from it I'd say...<span id='postcolor'>

I think he refers to that other senator in the background (the one with the beard). That one opposed the creation of the army.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sith @ May 22 2002,09:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You refer to a licensed graphic novel to prove that Boba Fett survived...!  biggrin.gif So if I make up a StarWars story, it's a valid argument too?<span id='postcolor'>

No it wouldnt be a valid addition to the Starwars continuity, because that kinda stuff is under strict guidance of GL himself. Every single book, comic and even games are thoroughly checked by a special Lucasfilm/arts continuity team. There are litterally thousands, if not millions of 'rules', 'facts' and 'laws' of what goes on in the Star Wars continuity, to ensure everything fits together.<span id='postcolor'>

Very true Sith, thank you for proving my point.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (christophercles @ May 22 2002,06:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Bobba did survive that pit, he exploded his jetpack, allowing him to escape, and then was rescued by a fellow bounty hunter. He then found that slave 1 had been impounded, and he took slave 2.<span id='postcolor'>

Dengar right? I think I read that book. Was it called "Bounty Hunter Stories" or something?

I found an interesting page:

Hidden gems in 'Attack of the Clones'

When Anakin and Padmé arrive on Naboo, you'll spot three Millennium Falcons in the background and at the docking station.

When Yoda is meditating and Anakin is killing the Tusken Raiders, listen for the voice of Qui-Gon Jinn, Anakin's old master.

When the clones attack and the evil Count Dooku is fleeing Geonosis, keep an eye out for a cameo of the Death Star.

Remember the royal guards from Return of the Jedi? The red-cloaked personal protectors of the emperor make a background appearance in Clones, but keep an eye out. They're there for only a second.

During the chase scene in Coruscant, Anakin and Obi-Wan zip by different billboards with strange writing. The writing is in a style called Aurabesh and corresponds with our own alphabet. Fans with much time on their hands have already begun trying to translate them.

While the end credits scroll along, look for the name "Michael Smith." Mr. Smith is credited as "Javva the Hutt." He's not a character in the film; he's the guy who got coffee for the cast and crew.

The ceiling of the dining room at the Lars homestead — which will become Luke Skywalker's future residence — on Tatooine has a pattern similar to the tattoo on the mug of Darth Maul, the bad guy from Phantom Menace.

The shaaks — the cow-like creatures that are roaming Naboo — became the butt of jokes among Lucasfilm special-effects wizards. You can find one floating in an asteroid belt, and another is on fire in the final, climactic battle scene.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ May 22 2002,19:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I found an interesting page:

Hidden gems in 'Attack of the Clones'

When Anakin and Padmé arrive on Naboo, you'll spot three Millennium Falcons in the background and at the docking station.

When Yoda is meditating and Anakin is killing the Tusken Raiders, listen for the voice of Qui-Gon Jinn, Anakin's old master.

When the clones attack and the evil Count Dooku is fleeing Geonosis, keep an eye out for a cameo of the Death Star.

Remember the royal guards from Return of the Jedi? The red-cloaked personal protectors of the emperor make a background appearance in Clones, but keep an eye out. They're there for only a second.

During the chase scene in Coruscant, Anakin and Obi-Wan zip by different billboards with strange writing. The writing is in a style called Aurabesh and corresponds with our own alphabet. Fans with much time on their hands have already begun trying to translate them.

While the end credits scroll along, look for the name "Michael Smith." Mr. Smith is credited as "Javva the Hutt." He's not a character in the film; he's the guy who got coffee for the cast and crew.

The ceiling of the dining room at the Lars homestead — which will become Luke Skywalker's future residence — on Tatooine has a pattern similar to the tattoo on the mug of Darth Maul, the bad guy from Phantom Menace.

The shaaks — the cow-like creatures that are roaming Naboo — became the butt of jokes among Lucasfilm special-effects wizards. You can find one floating in an asteroid belt, and another is on fire in the final, climactic battle scene.<span id='postcolor'>

Now I wondered about that. Because IMDb said Liam Neeson did his voice work for this earlier....and I didn't even remember hearing him.....so thanks for clearin' that little mystery up for me.

Dunno if its a "cameo" of the Death Star....they pretty much do a close up of it...wasn't hard to spot...

IMDb also has some good trivia....like

When Anakin and Obi-Wan pursue Padme's wannabe Assassin into the bar at Coruscant there's the Video Game "StarWars Episode 1 Pod Racers" running on the very right of the vidscreens.

and...

Samuel L. Jackson is reported to have "B.M.F." engraved into the handle of his lightsaber. B.M.F. is short for "Bad Mother F***er" and was written on Jules' (Samuel L. Jackson) wallet in Pulp Fiction (1994).

And as for the Boba Fett...

In the movies he is a puss! Just because some one after saw it and wrote a story makin' him a badass doesn't make it anyless true...in the first movies he does nothing and is completely LAME....

"I didn't understand the Boba Fett remark....I'm assuming that you are saying because I think he did nothing and was hardly the badass (in the first series) that people thought he was or I thought he could be......that that makes him a badass. And that makes no sense. He did NOTHING in the original series. NOTHING. Except FOLLOW the Falcon."

Wrong, like I stated earlier. Just see the relations between Fett and Darth Vader. He has a kind of "I dont give a shit" attitude towards Vader. And Vader accepts that. That pretty much leads me to believe Fett is a badass. Jango and Boba are the best bountyhynters in the universe. To end the way they do is rather silly, taken out so easy. But since both leave the movies in the same silly fashion, it might just be fate coming in to play.

"How were the Jedi "fools"? Yes they jumped in the ring. But ya notice (a la Mace..)they were just as free to jump out."

Then why didnt they? They got blasted to pits in the arena.

"AND the Jedi were in the stands as well."

And most, if not all, moved down into the Arena.

"The fight itself was in the Arena...cause thats where they baddies were."

And they were there because the Jedis were there.

"And yes they only had lightsabers. They are JEDI. And the fact that they only had lightsabers sure didn't stop them from slicing through an enemy that had vastly superior numbers or inflicting grossly disporportionate casualties...until the reinforcements arrive a la the Clone Army...at which time it was a complete rout."

Which is the biggest loss: 50 robots that can be rebuilt in a matter of days or one well trained Jedi that will take years and years to replace?

"Don't see a problem with it. War has casualties. Unfortunately some were Jedi. Clearly the Jedi were fighting a "holding action" until the army could arrive."

The Jedi were there to save Kenobi (and Anakin and Amidala) and to prevent the leaders of the rebellion to escape. They could have achieved those goals, with far less casualties, if they hadnt made the stand in the arena.

"For once they made them look like fighters that can whoop ass....instead of the pacifist, non-fighting, fools of the first series. Granted there was just Yoda....but the way it was portrayed was the Jedi can't or won't kick ass. My faith in the Jedi has been restored (though I still like the Sith better )"

This is true. But it could have been done in a much better way. Or rather, more logical way. I doubt it would be better as the scene was very well done and a highlight of the movie.