Sign in to follow this  
nordin dk

Episode ii spoiler thread

Yes Yes Yes Yes smile.gifwow.gifsmile.gifbiggrin.gif

I knew there'd be a lightsaber match with Yoda.

Thank you Lucas smile.gif

I think the sidestory about Anakin's mother was the only letdown. Especially how she miracously times her death to his exact arrival. That's bullshi_t sad.gif

But otherwise...

Boba Fett as a kid, I love it!

Very little Jar Jar, I love it!

Natalie Portman in skimpy outfits, I love it!

Stunning visual effects, I love it!

It's much more dynamic and entertaining than Episode 1.

I'm tempted so say it's the best one yet, but I'm still a bit high

from it, so I'll have to wait and see it again to be sure.

Man I just came back from the cinema...

I LOVE IT!!!

It's not just the awesome battlescenes, the (overall) great visual FX, the cool characters or the lack of Jar-Jar crap....

It's the whole 'dark mood' in there which makes it soooo much better than Episode1. IMHO I rate it higher than Return o/t Jedi...but still not on the same level as A New Hope and Empire.

I agree, Schmi's dying scene was a bit too melodramatic, but I sure did like how naughty Ani slaughtered all those Tusken Raiders after that....men, women and kids smile.gif

Biggest WOOOAAAH scenes:

- Slave1's (Jango's ship) seismic mines. Awesome visual and sound FX!

- The big battle between the Jedi/CloneTroopers and the droid army. Awesome new vehicle designs there.

- Fighting Yoda 0wnz!!

- IMPERIAL MARCH!! biggrin.gif

My faith in Lucas has been fully restored....already cant wait for Episode 3 ... and let's hope they have a descent space battle in there, something Ep 1 & 2 lacked. Bring on the Victory-class StarDestroyers and Dreadnoughts smile.gif

In the bit where anakins mum died, she didnt time it exactly right, she probably had some trauma or something, and was about to die soon anyway, but then he moved her , and her brain exploded or something.

I was thinking, "hey, if the sandpeople did that to my mum, and i had a lightsaber, i'd go out there and make some sandpeople bits", and then, to my satisfaction, he did! yay! biggrin.gif

And i thought jaja wasnt all that bad in this one, even though he wasnt in many parts.

My two favourite parts where the slave 1 battle with the siezmic mines and the ground battles, both the one in the arena where all the jedi snuck up, and the ground battle where the dropship exploded and they kept fighting in the middle of the dust storm.

Oh and amidala biggrin.gif

Dude! Fucking sweet! Great Great Great! biggrin.gif

Well worth two years of miserable anticipation after the shortcomings of Episode I. Episode II is the best so far by a long shot. If you are a Star Wars buff like me you probably noticed that all of the pieces of the plot fell in to place perfectly. Besides the visual effects being probably the most stunning I have ever seen, the politics used by Supreme Chancellor Palpatine to sieze power are so cunning. Yoda lightsaber battle was funny as hell! Clone factory made my jaw drop. The movie didn't really lack any element. It gave great histories and preludes to what will happen in the future. Plus we got a the very 1st trailer for Matrix Rebooted. biggrin.gif

Natalie Portman me wants to have "agressive negotiations" with.

I've got to see that film NOW!! This afternoon i'll go to the cinema, i guess.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Natalie Portman me wants to have "agressive negotiations" with.

<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif

Just came back from the second time. I didnt really pick up anything more from the second time than the first, except that the ships taking off from genosia where actually the large sphere part of the trade federation ships.

Also a great point almost no FUCKING JAR JAR (GET FISTED)BINKS . there is no way I could have watched 145min of that abortion on legs again . Its my quest to have him digitally removed for Episode 1. Only then will it truly be the greatest story of all time.

Who else thought those clone troopers didnt look all that bad?

When I first saw them on screens and stuff, they looked rather ... weird. But when you see them in the movie during that battle with the droid army.....man they look just as cool as Storm Troopers. I really like how they showed a bit more of the way those armies work, with the different ranks and troop types....and those cool radio voices smile.gif

MY SWEET GOD OF ALL CREATION!!!!!

That movie was one of the greatest ever, much better that Ep1.

I loved Yodas battle, damn he can move.

Being a Star Wars Fanatic I loved all the little injokes, like when Obi-Wan says to Anakin "You going to be the death of me."

Also, how about that battle between the Clone Army and the Droid Army. The transports flying in troops were sooo great. Does anyone else think Lucas was inspired by pictures of Hueys flying in Troops in Vietnam? Seemed that way to me.

All in all, it's the third best Star Wars Movie, surpassed by A New Hope and Empire, but better than Jedi and The Phantom Menace.

Lucas, you're a god. biggrin.gif

what i didnt understand was when Obi-Wan went to the clone processing plant, the alien in charge said that the jedi that authorized the mass production of the clones was that rouge jedi that yoda was fighting, why would he authorized so many soldiers to be made that would be used to fight against himself and the other enemies of the republic? would it be because that he new that the sith would probaly gain control of the senate and afterwards have a nice sized army? or am i missing something else?

Actually, Jango mention Dooku/Tyrannus. The Jedi that the Clone Masters mentioned was one that had died years before. So who knows who's orders he was operating under. What I figure is Palpatine/Sidious had subverted him, had him place the order for the clones, then had him killed to give the program time to build the army up until he wanted to set it in motion.

Palpatine is playing both sides of the fence. He created the conflict in order to get his sweeping powers from the Senate.

Cant wait for the three years to see how the plot falls out and how Anakin finally becomes Vader. smile.gif

i wonder if the rumors about George Lucas making more movies that continue after Return of the Jedi. maybe he could explain the rivaly between Baba Fett and the android IG-88, most of you are not gona know who that is but IG-88 was a andiod that first appeared in the N64 game Shadows of the Empire and make a very very very breif apperance in Empire Strikes back, the droid didnt have any lines, he was in line with the other bounty hunters that was listing to vader giving the objectives on the capture of the Melinium Falcon. IG-88 looks like he kinda has a piston for a head and glowing eyes if you wana look for him in ESB

mmm, much hate Ebert has... likes not the movie, he says, hmm? much like his father he is, always running from place to place, never concentrating on where he was; what he was doing, hmm?

best scene i think was at the end where the remaining jedi were watching as thousands of cloned soldiers were moving out and boarding star destroyers, kinda makes me wish i had a cloned army w/ advanced hardware and kick ass vehicles. then the battle with yoda was pretty cool. though at the same time kinda silly.

I just came back from that and it was AWESOME! I mean the best parts were the yoda fight scene and the huge ass battle with all the clones.

I thought of something though. Think about watching the whole entire thing (after its released in one huge package) and seeing the first 3 episodes with great Special Effects, then going to the last 3 and seeing pretty crappy effects compared to first 3. It will be wierd but i can live with it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Red Oct @ May 19 2002,06:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i wonder if the rumors about George Lucas making more movies that continue after Return of the Jedi.<span id='postcolor'>

Well originally the story has nine parts, but in a recent interview of Lucas, he definitely said he wasn't going to do the three sequels to "Return of the Jedi". He said he didn't want to be still doing Star Wars at the age of 75...

Well let's see.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (joltan @ May 19 2002,08:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Red Oct @ May 19 2002,06:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i wonder if the rumors about George Lucas making more movies that continue after Return of the Jedi.<span id='postcolor'>

Well originally the story has nine parts, but in a recent interview of Lucas, he definitely said he wasn't going to do the three sequels to "Return of the Jedi". He said he didn't want to be still doing Star Wars at the age of 75...

Well let's see.<span id='postcolor'>

oh cmon, like he has something better to do

If there's to be any continuation to after Return of The Jedi, Lucas should use the Timothy Zahn books (Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising and The Last Command). They are absolutely the best and worthy of such a series. biggrin.gif

He said there wernt going to be any more star wars movies, but he never said they couldnt make any more spinoffs. Im a bit afraid of that though. Just look a "the star wars holiday special", "ewoks", and "droids".

"But when you see them in the movie during that battle with the droid army.....man they look just as cool as Storm Troopers"

That is because they ARE the Storm Troopers smile.gif

"I thought of something though. Think about watching the whole entire thing (after its released in one huge package) and seeing the first 3 episodes with great Special Effects, then going to the last 3 and seeing pretty crappy effects compared to first 3. It will be wierd but i can live with it."

In some ways I think the old effects are better. Many of the new ones look very....plastic, kind of, unalive. But over all, they are great. And then some.

The biggest problem is though that in the first three (IV, V and VI) he had the story to carry the movie, with fair effects. Now he has a below fair story and massive effects to carry the movie. I prefer a good story like the other three than cool effects like in the two news ones. On the other hand, I cant for the life of me understand how he could fail to combine the two.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That is because they ARE the Storm Troopers smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Dude...honestly...you'll NEVER have to explain a single bit of Starwars to me. I know all about the Clone Troopers, how they became Storm Troopers, how the Old Republic slowly turned into the Galactic Empire. As my nickname might indicate...I'm a walking, breathing SW database smile.gif

As for Lucas making Ep. 7, 8 & 9....

I doubt it.....but it definately would be awesome to see Zahn's Thrawn Trilogy turned into a movie.

Those books definately are way on top of my 'fav books ever' list smile.gif

The whole story shows so much of how the Empire's military works, how full-scale starfleet battles work (with all the tactics and units), it has many great new characters (Jade, Karrde, Thrawn, the Noghris, etc) and locations....and most of all, the story about the relationship between Luke and Mara Jade (from sworn enemies to lovers...well not yet in Zahn's books, but they do get quite a relationship smile.gif).

Lucas simply needs to be cloned! biggrin.gif

Oh and one other thing:

Who else had the chills running down his spine when he heard the Imperial March at the end of Ep2? biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Who else had the chills running down his spine when he heard the Imperial March at the end of Ep2?<span id='postcolor'>

That music always does it for me biggrin.gif

Actually one thing I said to my friend in the cinema was, its kind of sad how in quite a few years time if one of us oldies mention Star Wars, chances are all of the youngsters will start thinking of Episode 1, 2 and 3, and the Original Trilogy will just be one of those films that "grandpa" watches ya know?

They wont even bother watching it because it doesnt have the latest and greatest effects.

Oh well sad.gif