Sign in to follow this  
R0adki11

Nogovan Armed Forces Project

I would suggest to stick to the concept of having a single RFIA' date=' as they already encompass the hemisphere of the other islands and Nogova mainland.

For their recognition emblem a simple light-grey 'R F I A' phrase would do fine for their vehicle/air roundel.. Kind of just like what can be seen on the original OFP T-55 tank which bore the letters 'F I A' on its flanks and rear of the cupola.

Alternatively (for KDF/KAF) have the cupola-flanks and rear also fitted with continuous vertical stripes of darkgreen. Kind of like a Danish flag, but with one leg partially missing on the tank's barrel side. This was seen on FIA Resistance armor like the captured T-72 tank. It's still visible on video's on youtube that are about the original BIS FIA. [url']

[/url]

I for one certainly do hope you eventually are willing to apply the light-grey letters-emblem to the Rebels-faction vehicles, and the stripes-emblem to the KDF/KAF vehicles' recognition scheme. Both those options - if you wish to do them, have a nice reference to the original OFP FIA Resistance to them. Would be a nice touch of historical reference I presume. :cool:

With that said, thanks for reading, and I hope to hear from you soon.

A single RFIA would be an excellent idea, i think i will use a mixture of NAPA/INS models but with a new camo scheme perhaps. The RFIA will use an RFIA on their vehicles that they have access too, which will be quite limited though.

As for the KDF/KAF not sure one about vertical stripes of green on their armour and vehicles, i think they will have simple logo. Which at the moment i haven't thought what it could be yet.

But your idea for the vertical stripes has given me a nice idea for my NAF armoured units, i think i will use vertical white or dark green stripes as a way of identification. Also it pays respect to the FIA forces of the 80s, and the first Nogovan Light Horse Units :)

Cheers

Edited by R0adki11

Just a brief update, i currently have a Mig21 OPFOR pack which i hoping to release soon, with regards to NAF and the prospect of a KDF faction added too. These are still on the cards to happen, though at the moment progress is slow for A2 since A3 has been released. Hopefully i will have some updates soon for everyone.

Do you mean the KDF is going to be Opfor to NAF? (I mean, I thought KDF was put under Independent faction, and RFIA on Opfor faction.) Besides that, how much is going to be released for Arma-2 still now that Arma-3 Alpha is out? (I do hope you'll eventually will finish the RFIA and KDF factions for Arma-2 though.) And thanks for the small status-update!

Do you mean the KDF is going to be Opfor to NAF? (I mean' date=' I thought KDF was put under Independent faction, and RFIA on Opfor faction.) Besides that, how much is going to be released for Arma-2 still now that Arma-3 Alpha is out? (I do hope you'll eventually will finish the RFIA and KDF factions for Arma-2 though.) And thanks for the small status-update![/quote']

Sorry for the confusion, the KDF and the RFIA will be on independent and OPFOR as this will give mission makers more choice on how they want things setup, also it will give more possibilities for scenarios. At present i don't know how much will be released, as i haven't done anywork on the KDF or RFIA factions yet.

But at the present i don't have the motivation or time at the moment to work on the Mod, especially when it seems the mod isn't used that often by members of the community. As yet ive only seen one mission that uses the mod which is abit disappointing, especially when ive put many hours, weeks and months into this mod. :(

You know, I still find your mod great! But don't be fooled by the current disuse of your splendid mod. Missions aren't entirely a good polling system on themselves. Because what isn't now, can become so later on.

Remember, OFP is still played by a small but still excisting group of players. Same can happen for Arma-2 where people find your excellent mod and might put it to good use later on, thus creating missions and whatnot.

But if you wish to wrap up the stuff, and cut it short, I hope you'll realise that to me it had been a pleasure to communicate with you, and exchange ideas, and maybe they'll be put to use someday later on.. But don't let the lack of missions demotivate you into total feeling of being underrated or unappreciated.. Your work is still splendid, and good on an as-is already. But ofcourse I keep hoping on updates from your hand. Perhaps even if I'm the sole one being clearly vocal about it. Still I would like to thank you for everything you did so far.

But if you wish to wrap up the stuff' date=' and cut it short, I hope you'll realise that to me it had been a pleasure to communicate with you, and exchange ideas, and maybe they'll be put to use someday later on.. But don't let the lack of missions demotivate you into total feeling of being underrated or unappreciated.. Your work is still splendid, and good on an as-is already. But ofcourse I keep hoping on updates from your hand. Perhaps even if I'm the sole one being clearly vocal about it. Still I would like to thank you for everything you did so far.[/quote']

Im not intending to cut short the project, i do have all the ideas here for the extra factions and units that i want to include. I will get round to it in the end, especially as with the last update that took about 11 months on and off to put together. So slowly and steady is better than no progress at all :)

So we will see an update in the future, initially i may decide to get some basic RFIA out using NAPA models. And the KDF i may use one or two models to keep it simpler. Some ideas at present are to use the NAF Light Infantry model, change the camo and give them a Russian Helmet and Magazine holders.

With regards to Arma3 projects, the NAF may make an appearance but i will be primarily focusing on the ASTFOR mod.

Recently the Nogovan Airforce has been increasing its airpower, as the Nogovan Republic is a collection of islands. The Government has decided to increase military spending for the air force. One recent addition is a very capable fighter, the Eurofighter Typhoon.

naf-typhoon5.jpg

naf-typhoon4.jpg

A huge thank to da12thMonkey who created the texture for me, in the future i will be releasing an addon for this texture

Edited by R0adki11

I flippin LOVE the camouflage on that!

Any possibility you could tell me where you got that from or how did you made it or at least similar one? ALWAYS been looking for a vehicle/aircraft camo but couldnt find it.

Seriously in LOVE with this! amazing work

Any possibility you could tell me where you got that from or how did you made it or at least similar one? ALWAYS been looking for a vehicle/aircraft camo but couldnt find it.

The camouflage is based on what was created for NAFP Mig21 from OFP. I can't take any credit for its creation, da12thMonkey created the whole texture for me :). Might be worth dropping him a PM, im sure he could help you out.

R0adkil11 asked me to make it, based on this MiG.

I drew the scheme by hand in photoshop, with the aid of the texture templates that we will be releasing for the RKSL Typhoons later in the week. The template makes it very easy to produce different paint schemes - the only real challenge is lining up the edges of the different camo 'splotches' where the separate parts of the UV map meet on the 3D model.

Wow, typhoon, nice. Ever since the Soviets withdrew, Nogova Armed Forces over the years have gotten stronger.

Wow, typhoon, nice. Ever since the Soviets withdrew, Nogova Armed Forces over the years have gotten stronger.

They have been lately, since Oil and Gas Reserves have been found with the Territorial Waters of the Nogovan Republic ;)

So now they have the gripen and the eurofighter? Who would dare to attack them now?

Dear R0adki11,

AFAIK, there still is a problem with LOD's in the last/current public release, because all the tanks dissappear completely from player's view at certain distances away, to completely non-visible beyond from say 400 meters and onwards from all types of T-55, and T-72N in all paint schemes.. Is this known to you? If already solved, may I ask for a hotfix if deemed practicable? It's a gamebreaking element if the player cannot see their friend or foe on the battlefield, where the AI however does target it and destroy.

AFAIK those tanks are the only type of vehicles that have those problems. Plus on the T-55AM's Victor Troska tank the ERA-blocks quickly dissappear from view at medium and long distances away, same for the applique armor on the T-55A's and T-55AM. Wrecks also only appear on a very close distance away from said (burning) objects.. But thanks in advance for fixing the visibility-issue if you successfully squashed that bug.

And good to know this project is still alive! All we need now is a map of Nogova mainland, Everon, Malden, and Kolgujev combined on a single map, on in game 1:1 basis, all shores within 10 kilometre distance away from one another. Would be awesome for air-raids!

And then something else R0adki11, did you succeed at getting your hands on the MLOD's of T-72M4 CZ-model? Would be so uber awesome if Nogova Republic has the same advanced looking hardware for tanks as the Czech Republic has in their A2 DLC! Anyways good luck with the continuation of your great project R0adki11! The Eurofighter has a nice camouflage scheme, that would also fit nicely on the ground-vehicles now in Oak-camouflage scheme. (less dark, yet still blending into the surroundings nicely) And thanks for reading!

Epic Work!

So now they have the gripen and the eurofighter? Who would dare to attack them now?

Perhaps Russia? Or a the top secret faction which im working on. ;)

Dear R0adki11' date='

AFAIK, there still is a problem with LOD's in the last/current public release, because all the tanks dissappear completely from player's view at certain distances away, to completely non-visible beyond from say 400 meters and onwards from all types of T-55, and T-72N in all paint schemes.. Is this known to you? If already solved, may I ask for a hotfix if deemed practicable? It's a gamebreaking element if the player cannot see their friend or foe on the battlefield, where the AI however does target it and destroy.[/quote']

Ive not heard of that LOD issue with the tanks, ive found no issues when testing nor did any of my beta testers. I am sure what could be causing those errors that you are experiencing. The applique armour and ERA will only appear in certain LODS as this is how they were created, they doesn't necessary need to be visible at long range. Can always apply them to the other LODs if needed.

The T55s i could understand it happening on as they are custom content, but not the T72s as they are the standard Arma2 ones with a new camo scheme.

Are you using any mods such as ACE as ive not tested the mod with it.

AFAIK those tanks are the only type of vehicles that have those problems. Plus on the T-55AM's Victor Troska tank the ERA-blocks quickly dissappear from view at medium and long distances away, same for the applique armor on the T-55A's and T-55AM. Wrecks also only appear on a very close distance away from said (burning) objects.. But thanks in advance for fixing the visibility-issue if you successfully squashed that bug.

The wrecks issue you mention, i am unsure what you mean by this. Could you please clarify?

And good to know this project is still alive! All we need now is a map of Nogova mainland, Everon, Malden, and Kolgujev combined on a single map, on in game 1:1 basis, all shores within 10 kilometre distance away from one another. Would be awesome for air-raids!

An all in one Map of the Islands would be a great idea :)

And then something else R0adki11, did you succeed at getting your hands on the MLOD's of T-72M4 CZ-model? Would be so uber awesome if Nogova Republic has the same advanced looking hardware for tanks as the Czech Republic has in their A2 DLC! Anyways good luck with the continuation of your great project R0adki11!

With regarding the T-72M4 CZ, i haven't made any request for this model or MLODS. I however will consider doing so, as it would be a nice tank to go with the Nogovan Armoured Units.

The Eurofighter has a nice camouflage scheme, that would also fit nicely on the ground-vehicles now in Oak-camouflage scheme. (less dark, yet still blending into the surroundings nicely) And thanks for reading!

The camo on the Eurofighter does work well, i have to thank da12thMonkey for creating it for me, i may attempt at creating some new camo for the armoured units. However iam not very good with using Photoshop :(

As a footnote:

The project is still alive, im not moving to A3 just yet as its not a stable product yet and also it would take me some time to learn what i need port everything over, so i will be staying with A2 for the immediate future.

Edited by R0adki11

Ah I'm sorry R0adki11,

What I meant to say is that the paintscheme of the desert T72N dissappears standing at about 500 or more metres away from that vehicle. It turns green with a red ChDKZ marking sprayed all over it.

But the T-55's indeed have their problems as mentioned before. Again sorry for the confusion, an errorneous report from my behalf. The T-72's indeed don't disappear, but at worst change color..

Besides that, I don't use any mod of the likes like ACE or such. Purely the latest installment of the @NAF together with other addons, each in a seperate modfolder running smoothly. Perhaps an idea to put the NAF Airforce roundels on the vehicles aswell? AFAIK Finland's armed forces had that too. (atleast on all their armored vehicles that is.) So maybe that's an idea to save you much work of designing a whole new emblem and whatnot?

Ah I'm sorry R0adki11' date='

What I meant to say is that the paintscheme of the desert T72N dissappears standing at about 500 or more metres away from that vehicle. It turns green with a red ChDKZ marking sprayed all over it.

But the T-55's indeed have their problems as mentioned before. Again sorry for the confusion, an errorneous report from my behalf. The T-72's indeed don't disappear, but at worst change color.[/quote']

Oh that is indeed odd, i've never encountered that with the T72s. Thanks for the bug report, its appreciated.

Besides that, I don't use any mod of the likes like ACE or such. Purely the latest installment of the @NAF together with other addons, each in a seperate modfolder running smoothly. Perhaps an idea to put the NAF Airforce roundels on the vehicles aswell? AFAIK Finland's armed forces had that too. (atleast on all their armored vehicles that is.) So maybe that's an idea to save you much work of designing a whole new emblem and whatnot?

Thanks for the suggestion of the roundel, i am considering that at the moment. But thanks to W0lle who designed the original Nogova flag, he has pointed me to the griffin that was used in the emblem. The griffin i was thinking as using as the logo on the armoured vehicles perhaps:

http://naf.8bit-online.co.uk/wp-content/gallery/logos/griffin1.gif

Hmn, yes that could be an option, but it depends how dominant you want that Griffin to be positioned, and what color it's gonna have.

On desert-paintscheme I would use a black griffing to match better, but on the oak-camo/green-camo vehicles I would say small white/greyish Griffin-emblem on the skirts/hull, and save the (rather) small sized roundel for use on the cars/trucks/turrets of armoured vehicles. But in the end, it is fully your call, as it is your mod. :) Anyways, keep it up man, you're doing a fantastic job, and whatever the outcome, I do appreciate it to the fullest. Thanks for the whole undertaking.

Hmn' date=' yes that could be an option, but it depends how dominant you want that Griffin to be positioned, and what color it's gonna have.

On desert-paintscheme I would use a black griffing to match better, but on the oak-camo/green-camo vehicles I would say small white/greyish Griffin-emblem on the skirts/hull, and save the (rather) small sized roundel for use on the cars/trucks/turrets of armoured vehicles. But in the end, it is fully your call, as it is your mod. :) Anyways, keep it up man, you're doing a fantastic job, and whatever the outcome, I do appreciate it to the fullest. Thanks for the whole undertaking.[/quote']

Thanks for the suggestions regarding the placement of the Griffin, they are most helpful :)

You will be glad to know this week i have started on creating the RFIA (Real Freedom Independent Army) using NAPA models, i just need to do some further testing of these and i can add them in as part of an update. Including weapons which will work with JSRS :)

I have also started on the KDF (Kolgujev Defence Force), however to not confuse them with Sakia's Karzeghistani Defence Forces. I have decided to rename them in to the Kolgujev Armed Forces. My current thinking of the Kolgujev units is the Independent sided ones will use Czech Originated weapons to show their independent nature. The ones on OPFOR will have Eastern originated weapons.

Sakai had mentioned he won't use shortcut names like KAF or KDF for his Karzeghistani forces, but will use the name 'Karzeghistan' and sub-structure names therefrom instead. This based on the Project:CDF mod structure as made by Gossammer Solid.

And I certainly do hope I'm not the only one being glad with this fantastic news of yours. :) But about those JSRS compatable weapons, do they work without errror without JSRS aswell? Or would there then be a no-sound bug?

And is it possible at all to obtain the MLOD's of BIS' T-72M4 CZ tank for Nogovan use? Would be awesome if the NAF had themselves an updated version of T-72 to properly fight the hostile forces with. (Atleast looks-wise that is, the T-72M4 CZ in game sadly isn't stronger then an unmodified T-72 though...)

I wonder how the KAF units and armour will look like, and the same for RFIA, allthough I suspect the latter will be more infantry based, with at best having themselves a captured T-55 just like the FIA initially had in OFP:R. But nevertheless an interesting force to fight with! Keep it going man. Oh, and please don't forget to update the LOD's of the T-55's in the next update. Thank you very much for the entire effort so far!

Edited by Thani '82

Sakai had mentioned he won't use shortcut names like KAF or KDF for his Karzeghistani forces' date=' but will use the name 'Karzeghistan' and sub-structure names therefrom instead. This based on the Project:CDF mod structure as made by Gossammer Solid.[/quote']

Well that should be alright then, i can use the KDF if needed. :)

And I certainly do hope I'm not the only one being glad with this fantastic news of yours. :) But about those JSRS compatable weapons, do they work without error without JSRS aswell? Or would there then be a no-sound bug?

They work without JSRS, i am making the weapons not dependent on JSRS. I simply needed to make a config tweak so the weapons were inheriting off a BIS class instead of a class i had created :). Which is why they didn't work with JSRS initially.

And is it possible at all to obtain the MLOD's of BIS' T-72M4 CZ tank for Nogovan use? Would be awesome if the NAF had themselves an updated version of T-72 to properly fight the hostile forces with. (Atleast looks-wise that is, the T-72M4 CZ in game sadly isn't stronger then an unmodified T-72 though...)

I have asked, but i still await answer with regards to permission.

I wonder how the KAF units and armour will look like, and the same for RFIA, allthough I suspect the latter will be more infantry based, with at best having themselves a captured T-55 just like the FIA initially had in OFP:R. But nevertheless an interesting force to fight with! Keep it going man. Oh, and please don't forget to update the LOD's of the T-55's in the next update. Thank you very much for the entire effort so far!

The RFIA will be infantry based, you may see the odd T-55, but nothing heavier. Ive added the LODS issue to my fix list.

Cheers RK

You could write it as the KuDF or KjDF just so the faction names don't clash. Also check if the T-72M4 has hiddenselections. Might make life easy.

You could write it as the KuDF or KjDF just so the faction names don't clash. Also check if the T-72M4 has hiddenselections. Might make life easy.

Thanks for the idea regarding the faction name, the T-72M4 does have some hidden selections however they don't work very well. One texture does not map the same as a normal T-72 unfortunately. :(