Sign in to follow this  
R0adki11

Nogovan Armed Forces Project

Great work guys! Nogovan armed forces has been one of my favorite fictional mods (next only to PRACS) since the days of OFP :)

Don't know if this is a bug, but the roundels on the Medevac Huey seem to be placed a bit weird.

I think some CAS aircraft like YAK-52 or PC-9 is a great idea! Any chance of including a Taki reskin of the Yak-52 if your making one? Maybe as a standalone addon?

NAF could maybe do with an SOV type vehicle too. Maybe just a reskin of the ACR SOV landrover or something similar...

Thanks for the kind words, it's much appreciated. I still surprise myself what I have a achieved by making this mod on my own, but I wouldn't have got this far without all the help I've received from members of this community :).

I need to fix the medivac, it was abit of a rushed job on the texturing. For the Yak -52 I'm looking to make a 2 seater training version and a CAS version. A taki one would be a good idea. I do intend also to release an OPFOR Mig21 pack soon too.

The ACR SOV Landrover is a great idea , would be a perfect addition to my Rangers.

Edited by R0adki11

Other good vehicles would be:

BMP1

PT-76

BRDM-1

M53/59 Praga

Here is a Zil 131 i mentioned.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16208

They are all good suggestions, i could quite easily add the BMP1 thats not a problem :). I will consider the others as im trying to keep within the framework of the original Order of Battle that was created for OFP (http://naf.8bit-online.co.uk/order-of-battle-classic/).

However i am working on another order of battle to reflect a 2020 or 2035 Scenario. :)

Sure somewhere amongst the forgotten tomb of ofp addons, real trick is converting it, and to be honest literally it is so old like i forgot the name of the mod and im pretty sure those guys who made it no longer are active but it was a Portuguese mod , colonial wars?

or simply making it, for r0adki it sounds like it would of take 3 minutes xD

For some reason i can't find the NAF infantry units in the editor?

Sure somewhere amongst the forgotten tomb of ofp addons, real trick is converting it, and to be honest literally it is so old like i forgot the name of the mod and im pretty sure those guys who made it no longer are active but it was a Portuguese mod , colonial wars?

It will have been the Colonial Wars Mod, i think i have the mod download when i was playing OFP. i will look at including a HK21 in the future, as an additional MG for the Rangers as it can be chambered in, 7.62×51mm, 7.62x39mm and 5.56x45mm calibers. Especially as my Rangers already use the HK32 chambered in 7.62x39mm.

For some reason i can't find the NAF infantry units in the editor?

You should find the Infantry Under BLUFOR, Under the Faction called NAF. Multiple Infantry Groups are Presents:

Nogovan Light Infantry

Nogovan Paratroopers

Nogovan Paratroopers(MTP)

Nogovan Highland Rangers - Oak

etc

Also can i ask that you downloaded the latest version? And that you using Arma2 CO?

Cheers

Edited by R0adki11

Im using CO, and downloaded NAF today??

:-)

Im using CO, and downloaded NAF today??

:-)

Well have you put the Mod folder correctly into your Arma2 directory? How are you launching the mod?

Im using an arma 2 launcher, found on armaholic, can't remeber who has made it, but i have never had any problems so far?? i get the vechiles and armor units under bluefor, but not the possibillty to chose your infatry.

I have also ACR installed.

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

im also using the last beta

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

hmm weird, i have tried it iwthout any mods, other than cba, and without beta, but it still doesen't work??

@Sixt, i am at a loss to why you are having these issues, as none of the beta testers, other users or myself have issues. Where did you download the mod from? As it sounds like you are missing content which could be an incomplete download.

Could i also make sure you are trying to insert a playable/player unit? and not an empty tank? Also you could you check under groups as there are infantry groups there aswell.

Now it works :-)

i had downloaded it via sixupdater...

After i got it at your downloadside, no problems :-)

Thanks anyway, looking forward to enjoying your work :-)

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

How does this go if i play it with ACE??

Now it works :-)

i had downloaded it via sixupdater...

After i got it at your downloadside, no problems :-)

Thanks anyway, looking forward to enjoying your work :-)

Glad that you got it working :). I will get the sixupdate people to update the release listed on sixupdater.

With regards to ACE, it hasn't been tested with ACE. As unfortunately i don't use ACE, perhaps one day i will download it. But at the moment, i don't have the time to incorporate ACE features as its taken me many hours to get this far on my own making this mod.

Edited by R0adki11

Sorry to hear there are supposedly issues with the mod on SU.

I found your request in SU thread past days and updated and responded to the post since.

All files etc should be included as released etc, so i'm unsure what is wrong?

Sorry to hear there are supposedly issues with the mod on SU.

I found your request in SU thread past days and updated and responded to the post since.

All files etc should be included as released etc, so i'm unsure what is wrong?

I can only assume Sixt had an older version before the update on 3rd Feb. I will make sure in future that i use http://getsatisfaction.withsix.com/withsix/topics/mod_update_or_addition_requests to notify mod updates. Thanks for your help on updating the mod and your continuing hard work on Play withSix Sickboy :)

I can only assume Sixt had an older version before the update on 3rd Feb. I will make sure in future that i use http://getsatisfaction.withsix.com/withsix/topics/mod_update_or_addition_requests to notify mod updates. Thanks for your help on updating the mod and your continuing hard work on Play withSix Sickboy :)
I see, makes sense. To be absolutely sure I will DL and check the release on SU when I get home, just in case, but I can't imagine it broken either.

And NP :) Likewise thanks to you for your contributions to the community.

Hi all,

I Will be releasing some updates in the future:

• Updating the Weapon pack so that it works with J.s.r.s. 1.5, also to include some MK48 Variants.
  • Adding T-72M4 CZ for my Nogovans from the ACR DLC
  • Adding Patrol Boats and Naval Units
  • Adding BDRMs - Including Stinger, SA9, and other versions
  • Adding a T55 Marksman with Shilka Turret, or a Tunguska ( although this maybe too advanced)

I also plan to include an OPFOR Mig21 pack and OPFOR T55 Pack.

If anyone has any thoughts on these let me know. :)

Great idea about the OPFOR 21s and 55s. But IMO better to make them ChDKZ and not another random OpFor faction :)

About Tunguska - waaay too advanced. Better keep it "real".(again IMO)

Hi all,

I Will be releasing some updates in the future:

• Updating the Weapon pack so that it works with J.s.r.s. 1.5, also to include some MK48 Variants.
  • Adding T-72M4 CZ for my Nogovans from the ACR DLC
  • Adding Patrol Boats and Naval Units
  • Adding BDRMs - Including Stinger, SA9, and other versions
  • Adding a T55 Marksman with Shilka Turret, or a Tunguska ( although this maybe too advanced)

I also plan to include an OPFOR Mig21 pack and OPFOR T55 Pack.

If anyone has any thoughts on these let me know. :)

Thanks for making NAF, I enjoy using them!!

1. Please add more Desert Units and Vehicles

2. Please make more groups for the NAF!

EDIT: Oh also, I keep getting this error despite downloading all of the required files, any ideas?

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/GLT_jas39_base.scope'.

----------------

Is there a reason why the "Modern NAF" uses Hueys with Russian helicopters and not Chinooks and Black Hawks?

Thanks

Edited by Leaulux

Is there a reason why the "Modern NAF" uses Hueys with Russian helicopters and not Chinooks and Black Hawks?

Thanks

A bit of lore from asfar as I know it, based upon the events as they happened in Operation Flashpoint/Arma Coldwar Crisis:

In 1985 a conflict came to be, known by it's NATO codename Operation Flashpoint. US military forces based on the island of Malden lost comrades based on Everon due to a sudden Soviet attack led by the rogue general Alexei Guba and his own army of renegade Soviet forces. Through the course of the war, equipment was lost to combat actions, of which modern Nato equipment often was destroyed by it's own crews in order to keep secret technology remain being a secret. - It was more advanced but less rugged then Soviet hardware. Meanwhile on Nogova the Soviet army under Guba lost all sorts of material to the local Nogovan Resistance forces, be it with help from covert American spec-ops backing the Resistance.

Once the war was over the USA carted off all their own lost equipment like tank and helicopter-wrecks in order not to lose some of their advanced technology to a potential foe. After all: The Nogovan Republic was anti-Soviet, but still brittle when it came to loyalty.

On the other hand, to keep the Soviets out the US decided to sell the Nogovan Republic some of it's obsolete hardware like the UH-1 Huey helicopters for a fair profitable price. A price more worth then having the old helo's go to the scrapyard. The Soviet equipment, weapons, and hardware were used in such a massive way by Guba's bulky army, that much of it was lost to Resistance raids held in order to gain weapons and munition plus all sorts of hardware. With Guba eliminated, and his army destroyed much remained on the Nogovan mainland, but also on the island of Everon, Malden, and Kolgujev, all now belonging to the newly formed Nogova Republic and it's new Nogovan Armed Forces.

Blackhawks and Chinooks were either too expensive to buy, or to costly to maintain for the NAF, Nogova borders Russia, so not that much western equipment is found there.

I hope this may answer a bit of your question where you asked for the reason why. Regards from a fellow NAF addon user.

Great idea about the OPFOR 21s and 55s. But IMO better to make them ChDKZ and not another random OpFor faction :)

About Tunguska - waaay too advanced. Better keep it "real".(again IMO)

Thats a good idea, for the factions. I will look at creating an updated Shilka on a T55 or T72 Chassis perhaps :)

Thanks for making NAF, I enjoy using them!!

1. Please add more Desert Units and Vehicles

2. Please make more groups for the NAF!

EDIT: Oh also, I keep getting this error despite downloading all of the required files, any ideas?

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/GLT_jas39_base.scope'.

----------------

Thanks

With regards to more Desert Units and Vehicles what would you like to see? As there is already MTP Paratroopers which work well in a Desert Enviroment, plus BMP2 Variants, T72 and T55 Variants and Landrovers also.

I can certainly add more groups in the future, i want to include Ranger Groups and Sniper Groups.

The error you are getting "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/GLT_jas39_base.scope" will because you need the following extra files:

GLT JAS-39 "Gripen" - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13547

GLT Missile Box - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6071

CBA - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6231

As the Nogovan JAS-39 is a reskin of the GLT JAS-39 "Gripen" so requires the additional files, the Nogovan JAS-39 is an optional addon for the mod pack. I may in the future seek permission to make it not dependent and a standalone addon.

No Blackhawks or Chinooks due to the cost of operating them, also i didn't want them to become too Westernised. I may well include a Chinook in the future as the Nogovans do need a Heavy Lift Chopper.

A bit of lore from asfar as I know it' date=' based upon the events as they happened in Operation Flashpoint/Arma Coldwar Crisis:

In 1985 a conflict came to be, known by it's NATO codename Operation Flashpoint. US military forces based on the island of Malden lost comrades based on Everon due to a sudden Soviet attack led by the rogue general Alexei Guba and his own army of renegade Soviet forces. Through the course of the war, equipment was lost to combat actions, of which modern Nato equipment often was destroyed by it's own crews in order to keep secret technology remain being a secret. - It was more advanced but less rugged then Soviet hardware. Meanwhile on Nogova the Soviet army under Guba lost all sorts of material to the local Nogovan Resistance forces, be it with help from covert American spec-ops backing the Resistance.

Once the war was over the USA carted off all their own lost equipment like tank and helicopter-wrecks in order not to lose some of their advanced technology to a potential foe. After all: The Nogovan Republic was anti-Soviet, but still brittle when it came to loyalty.

On the other hand, to keep the Soviets out the US decided to sell the Nogovan Republic some of it's obsolete hardware like the UH-1 Huey helicopters for a fair profitable price. A price more worth then having the old helo's go to the scrapyard. The Soviet equipment, weapons, and hardware were used in such a massive way by Guba's bulky army, that much of it was lost to Resistance raids held in order to gain weapons and munition plus all sorts of hardware. With Guba eliminated, and his army destroyed much remained on the Nogovan mainland, but also on the island of Everon, Malden, and Kolgujev, all now belonging to the newly formed Nogova Republic and it's new Nogovan Armed Forces.

Blackhawks and Chinooks were either too expensive to buy, or to costly to maintain for the NAF, Nogova borders Russia, so not that much western equipment is found there.

I hope this may answer a bit of your question where you asked for the reason why. Regards from a fellow NAF addon user.[/quote']

@Thani, thats a great piece of text, if you don't mind i would like to include that on my mods website. Of course credit to yourself will be given :)

Edited by R0adki11

Thanks for the advice, it fixed my Error. Honestly after skimming through all of the units, the desert scheme isn't a big deal because as you said, the MTP skins are good.

I just wish there were more addon makers that would make Modern OPFOR Factions :(

Thanks for the advice, it fixed my Error. Honestly after skimming through all of the units, the desert scheme isn't a big deal because as you said, the MTP skins are good.

I just wish there were more addon makers that would make Modern OPFOR Factions :(

Glad to hear the error was fixed, i may include Nogovan Light Infantry in the future with Desert Camo, since i want to add some UN based infantry. With regards to OPFOR i am intending on adding an OPFOR for my Nogovan's which will use similar modern equipment in the future.