Sign in to follow this  
R0adki11

Nogovan Armed Forces Project

Congrats and quality work buddy!

Aholic informed :)

Those are some epic screenshots R0adki11, I mean it reminds me of playing Wargame: European Escalation on max settings xD specially this screenie http://naf.8bit-online.co.uk/wp-content/gallery/arma2/naf_5.jpg epic

Amazing work!

Thanks :) Ive just heard NAF maybe sending some troops to help out the Forze Armate di Capraia.

Great work mate :)

Congrats and quality work buddy!

Aholic informed :)

Thanks :) Ive just heard NAF maybe sending some troops to help out the Forze Armate di Capraia.

Sounds like their has to be some joint operations involved :p .

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/900987249348760086/D39C389D17D0EF41AA800FC66560358EA14B06A7/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/900987249349182499/4D4491058725781C39FBE6ECB5277BB77F28E062/

Edited by yevgeni89

Great work. The Highland Rangers are my favorite especially. Love the mismatched helmets, very interesting way to set them up.

I noticed a lot of the guns are using stock BI sounds, is it possible to work them so that they can be used with sound mods? Not a big deal either way, just curious. Keep up the great work man! :)

Great work. The Highland Rangers are my favorite especially. Love the mismatched helmets, very interesting way to set them up.

I noticed a lot of the guns are using stock BI sounds, is it possible to work them so that they can be used with sound mods? Not a big deal either way, just curious. Keep up the great work man! :)

They are set to use BI Sounds as i thought that would be the best way to go, so that they work with Sound Mods. I don't actually use any sound mods normally. However i have just downloaded J.s.r.s. 1.5 to try out :)

@Foxhound - thanks for the Armaholic Links :)

Awesome addon - congratulations!

They are set to use BI Sounds as i thought that would be the best way to go, so that they work with Sound Mods. I don't actually use any sound mods normally. However i have just downloaded J.s.r.s. 1.5 to try out :)

@Foxhound - thanks for the Armaholic Links :)

Let me know if they work for you. I have JSRS 1.5 installed but I am still hearing regular BI sounds using your units. Might just be something wrong on my end though.

Let me know if they work for you. I have JSRS 1.5 installed but I am still hearing regular BI sounds using your units. Might just be something wrong on my end though.

I have an idea what it could be, will need to check my weapon configs. I will test with JSRS 1.5 later, i hope you like that more units use the elcan :).

I also plan to add my own mk48 versions, including:

Mk48 with iron sights

Mk48 with aimpoint

MK48 with elcan

hmmm i get this error 'bin\config.bin/cfgvehicles/t72_acr.scope ??????????

I know why are getting that error, originally why developing this update i was testing re-texturing the ACR T72 via hiddenselections. I must have forgotten to remove a line from the armour.pbo config file. It wasn't picked up by any of beta testers, probably because they all as do i have the ACR DLC installed. I will do an update soon to fix the issue, or alternatively you could install the ACR DLC lite if you don't have ACR DLC installed.

Cheers for the quick reply, i'll download the ACR addon as a short term. The addon is by far my favourite and was glad when you announced it. I've played the entire series from the start and loved your work on the OFP stuff.

Some things I had queries about were:

The C130 texture is rather green

The T55 is harder to destroy than a M1A2, if there a plan to reduce this or are you also planning on doing a Nogovan version of the BIS T55 from OA?

Once again fantastic work and this along with PCDF is my favourite mod :)

Nick

Cheers for the quick reply, i'll download the ACR addon as a short term. The addon is by far my favourite and was glad when you announced it. I've played the entire series from the start and loved your work on the OFP stuff.

Some things I had queries about were:

The C130 texture is rather green

The T55 is harder to destroy than a M1A2, if there a plan to reduce this or are you also planning on doing a Nogovan version of the BIS T55 from OA?

Once again fantastic work and this along with PCDF is my favourite mod :)

Nick

Thanks for your kind comments :).

With regards to your queries:

The C130 textures as kind of temporary. I didn't get time to updating them, also as i didn't want to delay the update any further.

The T55 shouldn't be harder to destroy than an M1A2, the T55 and T55AM should be disabled after one hit. The T55AMV should take one to two hits perhaps. I can check my config entries if necessary if i've made an error in some way, although ive not changed them since the initial release.

I don't plan on doing a BIS T55 as i already have a T55 in the mod, though may consider it to add further variation.

Cheers R0adki11

I don't plan on doing a BIS T55 as i already have a T55 in the mod, though may consider it to add further variation.

It was interesting to see that the brits had their own edition of t-55 under Polish T-55M chassis called "Marksman":

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c3/Marksman_SPAAG.jpg/800px-Marksman_SPAAG.jpg

Just a little suggestion for Nogovan's ;)

Did a quick config check im inheriting off the T72 Base class, i might need to adjust the armour values accordingly. And also inherit form the OA T55 too.

It was interesting to see that the brits had their own edition of t-55 under Polish T-55M chassis called "Marksman":

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c3/Marksman_SPAAG.jpg/800px-Marksman_SPAAG.jpg

Just a little suggestion for Nogovan's ;)

Thanks for the suggestion :), i have been looking including something like a Marksman for awhile. In the mean time, i do have a Shilka to fill the slot.

Probably not sure it might of be hard making the Marksman but meh always can go lazy way and put a AA from shilka or zsu on top of T-55 chassie and bam... Nogovan improvised marksman xDD

I never knew that was a t-55 chassis, that looks awesome, though I think you meant finissh I swore the blue and white decal was finnish :P, I thought FDF mod might actually have one they built.

I like the idea of a T55 with a ZSU-23 on top. I was going to suggest using a ZSU-57-2 as I think fdf have one but the T55 with ZSU sounds awesome and I like the idea that they could have made it themselves.

Have you also thought about some ZIL trucks and maybe a single engine prop plane for COIN ops?

Another idea is a OT-64 SKOT if someone has one.

These are just ideas however and I like that the NAF sticks with limited resources such as using mainly soviet heavy weapons and western small arms and personal equipment.

I like the idea of a T55 with a ZSU-23 on top. I was going to suggest using a ZSU-57-2 as I think fdf have one but the T55 with ZSU sounds awesome and I like the idea that they could have made it themselves.

Have you also thought about some ZIL trucks and maybe a single engine prop plane for COIN ops?

Another idea is a OT-64 SKOT if someone has one.

These are just ideas however and I like that the NAF sticks with limited resources such as using mainly soviet heavy weapons and western small arms and personal equipment.

I like the idea for an ZSU-57-2, i will have to look at adding that to complement the Shilka.

I also have some MT-LBs in the works for the Naval Infantry and Marines, also will have some patrol boats too.

And to boost the Armoured Units i do have some light armour including BRDMs, including one with Stingers and a FV721 Fox.

As for COIN ops, i was looking at using a Yak52 http://naf.8bit-online.co.uk/wp-content/gallery/arma2/naf_yak.jpg with some FFAR Pods attached, or a PC-9.

mm PC-9 has FFAR pods but problem with it, is that if you want to exit, beside exiting like a normal human being you get ejected to space :)

I like the idea for an ZSU-57-2, i will have to look at adding that to complement the Shilka.

I also have some MT-LBs in the works for the Naval Infantry and Marines, also will have some patrol boats too.

And to boost the Armoured Units i do have some light armour including BRDMs, including one with Stingers and a FV721 Fox.

As for COIN ops, i was looking at using a Yak52 http://naf.8bit-online.co.uk/wp-content/gallery/arma2/naf_yak.jpg with some FFAR Pods attached, or a PC-9.

Ahhhh the Yak52, that's the badger!

Lol the yak, first time I ever came across the Yak was in Red Alert, for old times sake I hope it comes in as well.

Great work guys! Nogovan armed forces has been one of my favorite fictional mods (next only to PRACS) since the days of OFP :)

Don't know if this is a bug, but the roundels on the Medevac Huey seem to be placed a bit weird.

I think some CAS aircraft like YAK-52 or PC-9 is a great idea! Any chance of including a Taki reskin of the Yak-52 if your making one? Maybe as a standalone addon?

NAF could maybe do with an SOV type vehicle too. Maybe just a reskin of the ACR SOV landrover or something similar...

Edited by Lt_Phoenix