Sign in to follow this  
ron533

Anyway to remove clutter of connect/disconnect messages in MP?

Hi,

Topic +

Is there a way to ease the load on our eyes and disable/hide the messages of players in MP connecting/disconnecting with all their addons?

too many lines that just interfere with game play and distract you.

Any addon that handles this annoyance??

Thanks!!

Basically no.

One could empty the strings - however this can only done by modifying BI's pbos..

So not really a practical solution.

My advice is to make a feature ticket at the CIT to add an option to disable/configure

the status messages and get people to vote it.

short answer: not without changing some internal scripting and I think that is hardcoded within the game.

If someone could separate connect/disconnect from the chat it would be possible I guess.

another option is to make the hud really small its the setting in the options for hud size it changes the chat text too I think to make it less dominant

but thats all i know maybe more experienced guys can help you further, I would love to remove the clutter myself.

IDK how to completely remove it; but TrueMods can make it smaller so it's not in the way as much. Also, PROPER projects had something similar that actually moved the text 'box' down further and decreased the amount of lines displayed. Unfortunately, the link to it isn't working. I guess it could be possible to move it off of the screen

Edited by No Use For A Name

I have made a simple PBO (not signed) that makes the status messages invisible by making it transparent, let me know if you wan't it and we sort it out somehow.

Would be great to have that option in the settings.

/KC

I have made a simple PBO (not signed) that makes the status messages invisible by making it transparent, let me know if you wan't it and we sort it out somehow.

/KC

And that works fine? Well i want it :) , 'cause i don't wanna see the connecting-messages all the time. Can you maybe sign it for sig-check-server?

cheers

/KC

Sure, link it here so we can all enjoy it :)

And a signature can very much help!

Is it possible to toggle the option on/off? (asking too much ehh?... :)

Many thanks!!!

/KC

interested :756: