Sign in to follow this  
sas troop

White grass/flora textures after 1.59

All, right, everything was just fine, ArmA going nice, smooth etc. till today, after 1.59 patch...

Well, I guess there is no sense in greater explanations, just take a look at this:

NORMAL, SIMILAR TO BEFORE:

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t198/sastroop/arma2oa2011-04-0217-43-03-71.png

AND AFTER 1.59...

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t198/sastroop/arma2oa2011-04-0217-42-59-48.png

Utes, Chernarus are hit by exactly the same problem. What's the best, first screen is made also on 1.59 version of the game, second one... when I lowered my weapon or turned a but right to the left or zoomed...

Generally, I lose flora textures very very often, or if they're not lost they look like surrounded with white frame, as you may see on the picture.

Any clues for that?

1280x1024 resolution, generally high settings

Q9550

4GM RAM

ATI Radeon HD4890 1GB Vapor-X

WinXP 32bit

Of course original Combined Operations

Edited by SaS TrooP

try setting AToC = 0; etc

PS: pics are too large.

Could you clarify? What is it and where I can find it? I had no muss to be interested in it before :P

Please use the forum search. :)

It has been discussed and explained many times now.

Well, seems to be working now, however FPS loss is visible, instead of grow...

All you have to do is incrementally drop the ingame AA setting down until the snow disappears and the game looks great again. You dont have to change the AToC setting.

In my game, I dropped my AntiAliasing setting from 7 down to Very High and back to normal.

Instead of AA I like to render at a higher res then downsample it. Same effect (ish), better performance.

I just patched (steam based) arma2 and OA.. Now i have exactly the above problem!

I was playing a mission in Chernarus driving on the road, suddenly i see white trees, white bushes etc appear. Then suddenly texture appears on some, others stay white.

I've never had a problem like this before! Arma2 and OA ran perfectly.

How can i fix it?

Also i feel the overall FPS has dropped from pre-patch. Anyway, please advise.

winxp sp2, quad Q9650 @3GHz, GTX570

Instead of AA I like to render at a higher res then downsample it. Same effect (ish), better performance.

So are you all saying that we could keep the AToC at 7, which probably does something good that eludes me, and just turn off AA in the in-game video options menu?

Then as suggested here, run at, say, 150% of monitor resolution ?

-OP

So are you all saying that we could keep the AToC at 7, which probably does something good that eludes me, and just turn off AA in the in-game video options menu?

Then as suggested here, run at, say, 150% of monitor resolution ?

-OP

Actually I turned the AToC off, should have mentioned that :) you're right that it "probably does somethng good" but it eludes me too, I suspect I'd only ever notice if I were looking at two comparison screenshots, so I don't worry about it. The trees look fuller with AtOc, but also have repeating texture elements in them, whereas they look thinner without AToC but have a visual variance across them. I'm sure everybody sees something subtly different.

And yes, I render at a higher resolution and display at a lower one, and also I run the game windowed to take advantage of the monitor's native resolution i.e. no blocky upsampling. (There exists the possibility that you render at one resolution, display at another resolution, and the monitor displays at yet another resolution :))

i have the exact same problem here

ATOC=0 helped, but recently i had it again with the weed plants...

hoping for a new advise and maybe an hotfix

What is ATOC ? Where did it come from? Do i need to put it in startup parameters?

@ zeep

No this will not work as an startup parameter

you have to open your Arma2(OA;CO).cfg < Config and open it (e.g. with editor)

at the bottom of this you can find ATOC with an specific value

just set ATOC=0

What ATOC is:

Level of Alpha To Coverage AA ( 7=all enabled(default) or 0=disabled (normal AA prior ATOC))

// standalone

0 - disabled

1 - AToC on grass

2 - AToC on new OA trees (takistan, zargabad, proving ground, shapur)

4 - AToC on old A2 trees (utes, chernarus)

// combined

3 - AToC on grass & OA trees

5 - AToC on A2 trees + grass

6 - AToC on A2 + OA trees

7 - AToC enabled on grass, A2 & OA trees (default)

you might want to check that out http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/arma2.cfg

Edited by PurePassion

I have AA disabled ingame and still got the problem. Still got AToC=7 in my config though.

Why is AToC still having an effect ingame even without any AA? Doesnt make sense, or does it.

rStrangelove: I understand your concerns but before you "call wolf", how about checking that changing AToC=7 to AToC=0 solves your problem?

rStrangelove: I understand your concerns but before you "call wolf", how about checking that changing AToC=7 to AToC=0 solves your problem?

It's just the nerd in me, trying to understand why it works as it works. ;)

np mate

we're all nerds here

prefer the term "geek" myself...

can't believe that BIS would add such a significant change without offering an easier means of changing/disabling it

I cant believe they had it enabled by default. Seemed pretty obvious to me what was going to happen.

I agree, why BIS never made this absolutely clear in patches and readme's and first posts of all announcements im not realy sure, you have the wiki and fragmented posts about it, but as its a hit of visual/fps by default I would have made it much clearer.

In fact I would have made it off after patch with details of how to switch it on.

Will try whats been suggested, my unwanted world of 1.59 winter below.

arma2oa2011041022111.jpg

Even with Atoc=0 i have trees and such with white glow like the pic above in SnR's post.

Bis this is the worst patch ever. Performance is down and bugs are up, both in arma2 and CO. Why not focus on performance more and then add stuff i don't need after that.

If i could roll back Steam i would. Hope you're making some beta patches soon. This is killing the little time i put into arma already.

hi guys

i have the same problem since i install new patch 1.59

i resolve the problem in game video option i disable AA

but now is no beautiful like before (AA=high)

i hope bis make new patch soon to fix the problem

thank

sorry for my english ;)

config:windows7 pro 64bit,intel i975 extreme,ram 12gb corsair,mb asus p6t deluxe v2,gc ati 5970 driver 10.5,ps corsair 1000w

I Have the same thing

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

hi guys

i have the same problem since i install new patch 1.59

i resolve the problem in game video option i disable AA

but now is no beautiful like before (AA=high)

i hope bis make new patch soon to fix the problem

thank

sorry for my english ;)

config:windows7 pro 64bit,intel i975 extreme,ram 12gb corsair,mb asus p6t deluxe v2,gc ati 5970 driver 10.5,ps corsair 1000w

I had to do the same thing but now i have no aa so every thing looks bad