Sign in to follow this  
Big Mac

Steven Spielberg to create a post-alien invasion TV series

FALLING SKIES opens in the chaotic aftermath of an alien attack that has left most of the world completely incapacitated. In the six months since the initial invasion, the few survivors have banded together outside major cities to begin the difficult task of fighting back. Each day is a test of survival as citizen soldiers work to protect the people in their care while also engaging in an insurgency campaign against the occupying alien force.

At the center of the series is Tom Mason (Noah Wyle), a Boston history professor whose family has been torn apart. His wife was killed in the initial attack, and one of his three sons has been captured. Determined to get his son back and to ensure the safety of his other two sons, Tom must put his extensive knowledge of military history to the test as one of the leaders of the resistance movement known as the 2nd Mass, because of their location in Boston, Mass. They are constantly trying to gain intelligence about the aliens in order to one day outsmart and overtake them and hopefully rebuild their lives.

Moon Bloodgood (Terminator Salvation) co-stars as Anne Glass, a pediatrician who works with the surviving children to help them cope with the traumatic upheaval in their lives. Will Patton (Armageddon, TNT's Into the West) plays a fierce leader of the resistance, Weaver. The series also stars Drew Roy (Secretariat) as Hal, Tom's oldest son and a growing fighter in the

The first episode will air on Sunday, June 19, 2011 on TNT.

Official TNT webpage for the show

Sneak Peak video

Edited by Big Mac

This has been known for a while now, something like six months. I've had it down in my Calendar ever since I found out. Can't wait. :D

Nice. Looking forward to it and hope it will be good and not cancelled to fast. Not much out there for Scifi fans :(

Gawd, not more alien invasion brain clone dross for the masses ... count me out.

Gawd, not more alien invasion brain clone dross for the masses ... count me out.

It's better than reality TV and shows like grey's anatomy...

Yeah, let's not even get into the whole "my show is better than your show" business. No point.

I thought the same thing.

And the aliens are slimy reptiles with big carnassials again.

Maybee its better, because if they would make an human likeley alien, the hole nerd community want to have sex with them. Like this smurf navi thing.

If i would be an alien warlord, i would avoidance the earth. Baaaad neighborhood.

Edited by Minutemen

It all comes down to killing the hive mind, as always.

You read it first here.

Ah, from a ufologist point of view here, it is getting tiresome of same old bad aliens attacking and taking poor earth over, would like to see it go in a new direction.

Ah, from a ufologist point of view here, it is getting tiresome of same old bad aliens attacking and taking poor earth over, would like to see it go in a new direction.

Same here, but I can't really think of many vastly different directions it could go. If the aliens were truly peaceful, there would be no real drama. They could of course be more enigmatic like in Taken, but that's really been done to death aswell.

At least Falling Skies looks to be skipping over the whole "Marines fighting to save the Earth! Ooorah!" aspect that dumbs down most invasion movies, and concentrating on the drama aspect of people trying to survive when Earth has already gone to shit. If done right, I think it could be very entertaining.

Needless to say, I'm going to give it a chance. :)

Aah that looks pretty exciting to me! Anything related to sci-fi ticks the box for me :) Steven Spielberg should create a browser game!!

Edited by samanthaj

Same here, but I can't really think of many vastly different directions it could go. If the aliens were truly peaceful, there would be no real drama. They could of course be more enigmatic like in Taken, but that's really been done to death aswell.

At least Falling Skies looks to be skipping over the whole "Marines fighting to save the Earth! Ooorah!" aspect that dumbs down most invasion movies, and concentrating on the drama aspect of people trying to survive when Earth has already gone to shit. If done right, I think it could be very entertaining.

Needless to say, I'm going to give it a chance. :)

Yeah & taken was a fantastic series. Could go in that type of shady direction, or maybe a virus/infection plague'ing the galaxy or something and a joint ET human effort...lol may be a bit outlandish but, always room for ideas :)

The premise sounds good, but the execution looks a bit off.

Maybe they should make the humans take the fight over to the aliens for once.

Still, this looks amazing compared to the other shit on TV these days.

New Falling Skies Trailer.

SjroVVhe8G0

Very nice, actually maybe changing my mind a little with this.