Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 79600

Well my days, like Tech9 fire another spray of goodness, Brraaapp brraaap :cool:

Dont the Španěl brothers break any human rights working you all so hard? Maybe we should call some human rights organisation to visit BIS and see under what conditions you work.. I seen patches released in the middle of the night during weekends and what not.

Edit: come to think about it, I like that you all work so hard as the results are amazing! Whip them harder mr & mr Španěl!!

Ah come on, they have been let loose to record some sounds for Take On! BUT NOW BACK TO THE CELLAR WITH YOU DEVS :mad:

;)

Was wondering how long before we saw the first beta. Well done was looking forward to this beta aswell. Is there any chance that static weapons might get the same tweak the planes/helo's got for not falling though objects when placed in mission editor? Any ways keep up the great work

[79500] new: Helipads can be placed on a carrier deck and ai helicopter can land on them.

[79432] new: Ai able to stol on runways shorter than 500 m.

[79412] impoved: Aircraft can be placed on carrier deck in the editor.

awesome !!

installed. you are to good to be true bis! awesome ...

if you could look at the bugs in my signature one day, ill be the happiest man on the planet :p

It would be nice if you could remove the hotfix_oa_154.pbo file from the next beta patch release.

Xeno

they never turn off their vehicle engines either and that bugs me because they just waste the fuel... But if they are "in formation" i notice they do turn off engines... But if you tell them "stop" or "wait for me" they sit there with engines idling... I'd like for just like how you can tell them to turn their lasers on in the action menu... For them to be ordered engines on and off, apparently OFP had this from what I remember but it was removed later in arma and arma 2? Why?

Hey folks, I don't know whether you have tested the latest beta patch when you put some US soldier (light) on the map at night, for instance, 0430 in the morning, you can find the head and hands of those AI soldier are shining when you're about 40m away from them.

That's really awesome that I no longer need to use night view goggles can I find those us soldiers easily!

I don't know anyone who has tried that, it might be my graphic card problem if nobody finds that phenomena.

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 AM ----------

What's more, "addCamShake" still don't work in CO.

Edited by ffur2007slx2_5

Is it possible to stop/slow down AI teammates moving into the line of fire? You can see this issue in the second sp mission (night attack "Lasershow") too.

Is it possible to order (action - command menu "6") AI just once to:

- switch light off/on

- switch laser off/on

- engine off/on

- use AT/AA (secondary weapon)

- drop weapon

Player as team/group leader should have the authority over AI and such things too. In OFP it worked well...

Some units eg grenadiers "loose" their head over a short distance (50-100m) - LOD/view distance problem?

Overall I think it would be great if proper animations for reloading AT/AA launchers could be implemented and something like "drop weapon" (action menu, keybind/shortcut) to cancel current weapon actions.

What's more, "addCamShake" still don't work in CO.

Hi there, addCamShake command has been working all along since OA for me, in CO too.

_neo_

Hi there, addCamShake command has been working all along since OA for me, in CO too.

_neo_

Really?

I active "addCamShake [25,5,5]" by a trigger under windowed mode with the "very low" postprocess effect in the mission but nothing happened.

So, I just wanna to know how you make it work or is there any specific conditions that I need to set? :j:

Really?

I active "addCamShake [25,5,5]" by a trigger under windowed mode with the "very low" postprocess effect in the mission but nothing happened.

Might be a stupid question, but did you enableCamShake? I remember having used it myself, in CO, and it worked.

Edit: Found this snipped in a mission of mine that added a slight "handheld-camera" like sway:

setCamShakeParams [0.005,0.5,0.5,0.5,true];
enableCamShake true;
addCamShake [2.5,1000,2];

Edited by Alwarren

Might be a stupid question, but did you enableCamShake? I remember having used it myself, in CO, and it worked.

Edit: Found this snipped in a mission of mine that added a slight "handheld-camera" like sway:

setCamShakeParams [0.005,0.5,0.5,0.5,true];
enableCamShake true;
addCamShake [2.5,1000,2];

Cool! Thanks dude! :D

I find that "selectWeapon" doesn't work on G36 series, player still need to select weapon manually by pressing "F" after he is added with one of those guns.

Btw, unit moves very fast when you pressing "D" with a launcher, faster than moving to left side.

I find that "selectWeapon" doesn't work on G36 series, player still need to select weapon manually by pressing "F" after he is added with one of those guns.

I don't think that is beta-specific, I remember that there was something different about the G36, something about muzzles. Did you try the script version here ?

I don't think that is beta-specific, I remember that there was something different about the G36, something about muzzles. Did you try the script version here ?

Yep, I've checked the weapon dictionary find that the muzzle name of G36 series is the same as the weapon name, so I do doubt whether this is the bug should be fixed.

@ Dwarden

Can you atleast fix/add this thing back to OA http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16571 , because it was working in ArmA 2 and it still works in buldozer ,but in OA it was disabled for weird reason

I kinda little disappointed - it wasnt fixed yet and there are many other more interesting things to fix , for example http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16133#change-90868 , http://dev-heaven.net/issues/4449#change-88383

I hope you will look at them more , thx

Edited by RobertHammer

I noticed that players and A.I. either do not loose gear anymore while swimming for a prolonged time. While that might be o.k. for light rifles it is a bit ridiculous to see machinegunners and AT soldiers swim from LHD to Utes and arriving in full gear.

Was this intended!

they fixed it? anything is better then having your AI swimming in a small lake (cause they cant walk around it) and loosing all its gear i think. also guys which swim with a Javelin or AT4 launcher:rolleyes:

It's probably easier to script loss of weapons due swimming, than to script retrieval of lost weapons which can be a bit messy.

they fixed it? anything is better then having your AI swimming in a small lake (cause they cant walk around it) and loosing all its gear i think. also guys which swim with a Javelin or AT4 launcher:rolleyes:

+1 i love that

Is that confirmed without Mods, due to the animation changes it could be that used mods are not fully compatible.

Update:

It seems the duty value of the swimming anim simply has changed from 0.6 to 0.075

Meaning it probably allows prolonged swiming, but you will still loose gear.

The lost gear also still multiplies times the amount of players on server.

Try and run yourself to death (aka feeling very tired), then jump in the water and swim some 'round.

Edited by Sickboy