Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

A2OA Linux Server beta 1.59.79548

GOOGLE TRANSLATE!!!!

I have a folder on your PC in a folder Expansion Expansion (as it appeared there I poke did not understand :-)). So esl add it to the list of mods that Linux server immediately displayed with a green sign.

armaforu1.jpgarmaforu2.jpg

GOOGLE TRANSLATE!!!!

This is not working. decided to do some Moore. Drink yadu better.

Is servers still showing yellow using this beta still a problem for everyone? Because we just got a linux server using this beta and we had no problems with crashes or server showing yellow.

However. FPS seems to be crap on cherno and is unplayable on long warfare games even with 32 players

Yeah, the problem is still actual. Have you an idea how to fix it on linux server?

Well mine was green on saturday. Now its yellow.... I try do some tests sometime when server not busy to see if i can get it green

Edited by brit~XR

since the last update, we are collecting core dumps on our server.

As I not did it before, is there a place to upload them?

since the last update, we are collecting core dumps on our server.

As I not did it before, is there a place to upload them?

I'd be happy to contribute with SR5 Tactical's, awaiting orders ;)

Just post links to the core dumps or send the links to Dwarden via mail, if you dont want them in public.

Just post links to the core dumps or send the links to Dwarden via mail, if you dont want them in public.

done via PM, hope this helps to get a Linux server soon which works as expected.

Just had our first crash sence saturday when server went online. But was runing stable till crash

I love this statement ...

... But was runing stable till crash

I love this statement ...

I Meant server has been runing stable for days till that first crash. Today was no crashes at all. Uptime of 18 hours so far with a good 600 player connects going by the #userlist id

A month from 1.59 "BETA" release almost passed. For now we have not stable linux server of 1.59 version. As I said before, better have windows dedi server, cause BIS're more patient for windows platform, not for linux. Facepalm...........

A month from 1.59 "BETA" release almost passed. For now we have not stable linux server of 1.59 version. As I said before, better have windows dedi server, cause BIS're more patient for windows platform, not for linux. Facepalm...........

Yapp it is a shame. Dedicated Windows servers are to expensive for my opinion, if the Linux part is not supported well, we will stop hosting a server and thats it, I will not replace it by Windows.

if it was so easy to nail and fix the problem it would be already fixed and you got new build

What about to do backup to 1.57 version and named it 1.59 untill until you found the problem? :D

Is it me or linux binary is a bit 'crashy'? I've seen it crash for any reason, after uploading a file via ftp, and even when someone connects. In windows i've seen errors when the server says it cannot read a file, you just press ok and that's it, server's still running, but in linux it crashes for whatever reason :(

I need some help with setting a Linux server.

After this is done, install (hard-link?) the script into

"/etc/rc.d/init.d/arma2server" file.

Can someone decipher what this means, and how to do this. I am not an expert in linux stuff. I did not find any "/etc/rc.d/init.d/arma2server" file in my ubuntu box.

Where do I put arma.cfg and server.cfg ?

If I try to follow the wiki guide on the basic.cfg etc stuff (which is still a bit confusing for the Linux part), i get some weird letters containing error in terminal, and if I don't follow that guide, I get the server running in the terminal but it doesn't show up anywhere else.

I'll post some of the error msgs next time...

I am using ubuntu 11.04, and playing with Win7. I was able to get the server running quite easily with Win7 but Ubuntu is giving me grey hair...

If I try to follow the wiki guide on the basic.cfg etc stuff (which is still a bit confusing for the Linux part), i get some weird letters containing error in terminal, and if I don't follow that guide, I get the server running in the terminal but it doesn't show up anywhere else.

I'll post some of the error msgs next time...

I am using ubuntu 11.04, and playing with Win7. I was able to get the server running quite easily with Win7 but Ubuntu is giving me grey hair...

This might be helpful:

http://www.apollon-domain.co.uk/?p=221

Also, to have your Arma2 server run as a service you need to copy the arma2server script into /etc/init.d/ and run "update-rc.d arma2server defaults" (as root). See also: http://www.debuntu.org/how-to-manage-services-with-update-rc.d.

This will make sure it's started whenever the server is (re)started. To start/stop it manually you just call "/etc/init.d/arma2server [start|stop]" as root.

Good luck ;)

Edited by daikan

Thanks. I got it running by following your guide + some dark magic, and a goat sacrifice.

I am getting errors in my server that cause it to crash. Message says that can't find file 'MPMissions/nameofthemision.pbo'. ¿how comes it looks for mpmissions in uppercase when i have it in lowercase? Do i have to rename the folder so the first letters are in uppercase like in windows? i thought it was the other way. (That's the reason of the tolower program, isn't it?)

I am getting errors in my server that cause it to crash. Message says that can't find file 'MPMissions/nameofthemision.pbo'. ¿how comes it looks for mpmissions in uppercase when i have it in lowercase? Do i have to rename the folder so the first letters are in uppercase like in windows? i thought it was the other way. (That's the reason of the tolower program, isn't it?)

Make sure you don't have the prefix "MPMissions/" specified in your mission name in your server.cfg. See mission cycle settings.