Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Charles

How many Helicopters

Any (allowed to be revealed) plans how many different helicopters we can expect?

cya

I am interested as well but also what type of choppers do we get?

Any with guns? :p

So far there are at least 3.

4 - there is picture of Bell 206 somewhere...

Some helicopters from A2+OA+BAF+PMC.

rumours say that a ROFL copter will be included (hidden) as soon as the CEO is occupied with other things... :shhh:

Which ones do we know of so far? I don't know proper designations of all of these so someone want to name them? Littlebird like one, bell one, Merlin. Those are the only ones that I see.

Let's take a look: :)

- MD500...

- Bell 412...

- AW101/Merlin...

All rather ...ish then exact representation...

Edited by Max255[PL]

Civilian Mi-8 Hip and Mi-2 Hoplite helicopters please - both used worldwide...

Yeah I'm helluva concerned about this game :)

Yeah, Mi-2 please.

First thing I would do is the skin of Polish Police Kania (evolution of Mi-2 for those who don't know) ;]

Great civilian choppas in my opinion: AS-350/355 Ecureuil, EC-135, EC-120, AS-365 Dauphin, A109, Bell 407, SA-341 Gazelle... As well those already done :D

However this opportunity can be taken with the newest-great choppers such as the Bell 429, Sikorsky 92 e.g.

:/ so its real... interesting

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

PCG: An airborne cousin to our Battle Bus? Yeah, I can get behind that. Okay, then–how many air vehicles do you think you’ll have at launch? How many are helicopters that are already featured in ArmA?

JC: The stars of the show are definitely three core families of helicopter, within which multiple variants exist. All helicopters are brand new content, not seen in our previous titles. Focusing upon this range alows us to delicately adjust the feel and experience of each class of chopper. That’s not to say each family flies the same, within this structure we can add more subtlety. Our goal remains to convey the experience of flying, and a big part of that is revealing–in a very tangible way–that each helicopter has its own feel and handling.

On top of that, each chopper may have unique components that significantly enhance the gamplay possibilities. It’s too early to get into specifics, but we’re talking about gameplay you just can’t achieve within the Arma series. Similarly, the level of detail we’re achieving goes beyond what we’ve seen before in the engine; helicopters always looked great in our game, now, we’ve got the opportunity to push that even further.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/03/31/exclusive-interview-bohemia-interactive-talks-take-on-helicopters/

On top of that, each chopper may have unique components that significantly enhance the gamplay possibilities.

It’s too early to get into specifics, but we’re talking about gameplay you just can’t achieve within the Arma series.

Similarly, the level of detail we’re achieving goes beyond what we’ve seen before in the engine; helicopters always looked great in our game, now, we’ve got the opportunity to push that even further.

push it, you sexay studio !

:yay:egyptian.gif7cb7bf46.gif :dj:

k4onJ7Z2MLI

Dauphin would be nice... Especially if there are CG missions... Mi-26/8/4

Me want Seaking

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRR5dDVymnsoFG5_RYpeTlpJAK8IrKa-nCigMcuUWhwRz7IBJSV&t=1

ekm I meant

s61-raf-rescue-150x150.jpg

Can we get some Rusty UH-1's? to Simulate the NZ AirForce? you know having the floors covered with bits of wood and all that?

I am just hoping that the photos we are seeing are not the final visual models. They obviously are representing an actual airframe, but it seems they deliberately added some differences. I suppose it is what it is, but I don't understand why they couldn't model actual aircraft types more accurately. I know it's going to irritate me flying around in a helicopter that looks like the offspring of an MD500 and EC120. It has it's father's round figure, and its mother's skid fairings and horizontal stabilizer.

Copyrights or something like it?

It happens in GT\Forza\NFS with auto branding, so thats my guess...

I am just hoping that the photos we are seeing are not the final visual models. They obviously are representing an actual airframe, but it seems they deliberately added some differences. I suppose it is what it is, but I don't understand why they couldn't model actual aircraft types more accurately. I know it's going to irritate me flying around in a helicopter that looks like the offspring of an MD500 and EC120. It has it's father's round figure, and its mother's skid fairings and horizontal stabilizer.

Yes I notice that too, it looks..........strange......

and keep in mind that they modeled the Little birds correctly, what happened:confused:

Yes I notice that too, it looks..........strange......

and keep in mind that they modeled the Little birds correctly, what happened:confused:

That's why I suspect they did it deliberately. Perhaps something along the lines of "We don't want people thinking this is a SIMULATOR and criticising us for innaccuracies in the flight model, so we are chaging it up a little."

I think it's more a copyright issue. If you look at the different civilian car model in ArmA none of them have a real name.

arma2_vehicles_civilian_vwGolf.jpg

Just like every military vehicle had his model name right but no brand, F35 not Lockeed Martin F35, UH-60 not Sikorsky UH-60,...

I don't think it has anything to do with the level of accuracy of the flight model or something like that

Ok, that's fine. I can understand if they modeled an MD-500 but it had no name, or some generic name, but they modeled it incorrectly. It's obviously meant to LOOK like an MD-500, but there are some obvious differences. I don't think copywright laws would apply here because there are MD-500s modeled for Flight Simulator. The Little Bird (A/MH-6) in the ArmA series is modeled correctly, why can't they do an accurate model of the civil variant? I don't think recreating something in a game constitutes a copyright violation. I could be wrong, but if it's true, then there are alot of people out there with the potential to get sued by MD Helicopters.