Sign in to follow this  
arremba san zorzo

PROGETTO FLOTTA (Navy Project) - PedagneMOD

Helicopter attaching system

Vehicle attaching system

i think that means multiple vehicles

Yes. There are memory points that let you activate an action that attaches the Helicopter/APC/Tank/Whatever to the ship. Now we are having problems with the GEO LOD of the San Giorgio. Both the frigate and the San Giorgio have more than 25 custom animations that let you activate/deactivate ramps, doors, ladders, catwalks,...

....Now we are having problems with the GEO LOD ....

;) welcome to my world !

Arremba San Zorzo which program did you use to make these ships?

Oxygen2? Or something else? This is beautiful work.

Arremba San Zorzo which program did you use to make these ships?

Oxygen2? Or something else? This is beautiful work.

Thanks! The program are: Cinema4D for modelling and 3DS for mapping.

@GNAT:so your world it's so hard!...the excessive light on sea surface of the SanGiorgio and the issues about GEO are the troubles that don't allow the release of the ships at the moment.

very nice mod

When you release the FREMM and San giusto Arremba? :pet13:

Edited by joker006

Hi mate, a really impressive amount of work, best wishes to your job made with passion and precision...

Hope you will release soon some of your beauties to show all the community your passionate work !

Can't wait !

Holy cow I've been thinking about making a new LPD or LHD and just came across these wow...Amazing work!!!

Hope i'm not diggung up a dead thread, (it's only 3 months old, after all) but this is truely awesome. Could add a whole new scale to Naval battles in ArmA II (or III?), regarding to the ones we have now, with only three decent frigates (gnats) and a few rocketboats (RACS, FFAA). I really hope this ain't dead and would appreciate it beeing released, be it for A2 or A3, it's just too awesome to let it die.

Just came across this thread. This is an immense project and absolutely impressive from what I have seen so far. Please keep up the great work! Whish you all the best!

According to his profile Arremba San Zorzo has not posted in a while. I hope he is still around. By the looks of his website he has been working on these ships since ArmA I, guess he is in it for the long haul.

He is still around but due to the limitations of the Game engine, the Progetto Flotta has been put on shelves until Arma 3 comes and most of those limitations can be solved. If PhysX allow, the LPD and frigates will be able to transport and launch helicopters and other vehicles

Thats to bad, i would have really liked to see those ships in game, even with the limitations.

Ah well, all the more reason to look forward to Arma III.

Apparently it works quite fine with the BAM and P72 in the RACS mod, they came good around the limitations, and in sheer size, Gnat proved it's possible.

Anyhow, no disrespect, i just meant to say that it is possible in A2 engine, of course i respect any decision and now i'm looking forward to A3 even more, also thank you for the information.

Apparently it works quite fine with the BAM and P72 in the RACS mod, they came good around the limitations, and in sheer size, Gnat proved it's possible.

Anyhow, no disrespect, i just meant to say that it is possible in A2 engine, of course i respect any decision and now i'm looking forward to A3 even more, also thank you for the information.

Yes, it is possible, but those ships are smaller and the GEO LOD problems are not as severe as the ones in the Progetto Flotta mod. The number of animations and scripting in the progetto flotta mod ships is also very high. and the biggest problem of all is the lack of Physx in Arma 2.

Ask Arremba for more info.

Yes, it is possible, but those ships are smaller and the GEO LOD problems are not as severe as the ones in the Progetto Flotta mod. The number of animations and scripting in the progetto flotta mod ships is also very high. and the biggest problem of all is the lack of Physx in Arma 2.

Ask Arremba for more info.

It is possible you just need to split the model into 50m chunks and create a script it to reassemble it. There are a few out there already JDog's Nimitz for example.

The frigates are composed of 5 pieces, and the LPD of 6 pieces. Most of the features work, but the damned phisics of the game engine make ships + cargo vehicles (being them Helicopters, cars, armoured vehicles,etc...) not very friendly.

I have made some detours by using attachto and scripts but the results are less than satisfying.

Me I would like to see your HMS Albion and HMS Ocean ingame.

The frigates are composed of 5 pieces, and the LPD of 6 pieces. Most of the features work, but the damned phisics of the game engine make ships + cargo vehicles (being them Helicopters, cars, armoured vehicles,etc...) not very friendly.

I have made some detours by using attachto and scripts but the results are less than satisfying.

Me I would like to see your HMS Albion and HMS Ocean ingame.

We don't use attachto for the "static" ships. At least not in the version of the assembly scripts I have here. UNN and CBFASI may have a later version. but I believe you can get around some of the attachto issues by disabling the simulation but you do lose some of the properties granted by the object class eg: House and Ladders etc. But I'm not the expert. I'll see if I can get one of the lads to come and post.

As for Albion and Ocean. Neither are compete but I do have prototypes of Albion and the CVF ingame. All are fully walkable. Heli deck work etc. But the ski Ramp on the CVF does cause damage if you are going too fast. Its something I need to look at. I do have several issues with the Albion LPD though. The Dock presents some serious issues. Get in out of a boat inside the dock and you a) teleport to the heli deck and b) can never get back in the boat while its inside. This is caused by two roadways being stacked on top of each other. Kinda sucks really.

[hijack]

http://downloads.rkslstudios.info/favours/for_mankyle_1.jpg (168 kB)

http://downloads.rkslstudios.info/favours/for_mankyle_2.jpg (111 kB)

http://downloads.rkslstudios.info/favours/for_mankyle_3.jpg (103 kB)

[/hijack]

Big ships are possible I'll talk to the guys and see about getting an example sorted for public release.

Edited by RKSL-Rock

I kinda think it would be nice if Arremba released a version for the A2 people who aren't gonna get A3 when it comes out. I honestly wouldn't mind the loss of a few features to be able to use them in A2

PedagneMOD is around since 2002, is not so easy that it will stop.:)

here you can download a recent video (sorry for the frame)

www.pedagnemod.com/images/ASZ_Video_06.wmv

About Progetto Flotta, as Mankyle told, the small boats are ok. Unfortunately the Ship do not work properly. The main problem is that they have too light mass, so if an amphibious vehicle, try to go inside the LPD, the LPD go away on sea surface as a leaf.

I and Mankyle are searching the way for a playable static ship, is not the best that we have in mind, but we think that is not possible over with A2 engine.

About Progetto Flotta, as Mankyle told, the small boats are ok. Unfortunately the Ship do not work properly. The main problem is that they have too light mass, so if an amphibious vehicle, try to go inside the LPD, the LPD go away on sea surface as a leaf.

I and Mankyle are searching the way for a playable static ship, is not the best that we have in mind, but we think that is not possible over with A2 engine.

Ok I'm confused as to why you cant get static ships to work. As I have already explained we have them in game already. And by we I dont mean just RKSL but JDOG released two ships using similar methods to our own.

1. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12515 - HMS Queen Elizabeth
  2. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13540 - USS Nimitz

Are you inheriting from the "ship class" for your static objects? I suspect that is your problem. If you are try using "class house". We use a Logic for the place-able object then a script which assembles all parts of the model relative to the gamelogic. Eg:

class All {};
   class AllVehicles: All {};
   class Land: AllVehicles {};
   class Static : Land {};
   class Building : Static {};
   class NonStrategic : Building {};
   class House : NonStrategic 
   {
       class AnimationSources;    
   };
   class Logic : All {};
   class rksl_cvf1 : Logic
   {
       vehicleClass="RKSL_Naval";
       side = 1;
       DisplayName="HMS Queen Elizabeth";
       icon="\rksl\rksl-ship-cvf\data\i\i_cvf_1_ca.paa";
       mapSize=308;
       destrType = 0;
       featureSize = 150;
       class eventhandlers
       {
           init="RKSL_InitShip4=Compile PreProcessFile     ""\rksl\rksl-ship-cvf\scripts\InitShip.sqf"" ; [_This Select 0] Call RKSL_InitShip4";
       };
   };

class rksl_cvf1_p1: House
   {
       animated=true;
       scope=public;
       vehicleClass="RKSL_ShpSec";
       nameSound="ship";
       DisplayName="HMS Queen Elizabeth 1";
       model="\rksl\rksl-ship-cvf\rksl_cvf1_p1";
       mapSize=50;
       autocenter=0;
       dammage=no;
       armor=7500;        
       destrType = 0;
       featureSize = 150;
       class eventhandlers
       {
           killed = "[_this, 6] exec ""\rksl\rksl-ship-cvf\scripts\fire.sqs""";
       };        
   };
   class rksl_cvf1_p2: House
   {
   };         
   class rksl_cvf1_p3: House
   {
   };     
   class rksl_cvf1_p4: House
   {
   };     
   class rksl_cvf1_p5: House
   {
   };     
   class rksl_cvf1_p6: House
   {
   };

I promise you it is perfectly possible.

Done that way of course. I was the one who did the code. And the problem, of course, comes from using "class ship" for the vehicle. Other models use "Class House" and are attached to the main vehicle. That's the one with Cargo capabilities and such. To keep AA weapons, artillery and such we should probably use an static class but that would bring another set of problems.

Done that way of course. I was the one who did the code. And the problem, of course, comes from using "class ship" for the vehicle. Other models use "Class House" and are attached to the main vehicle. That's the one with Cargo capabilities and such. To keep AA weapons, artillery and such we should probably use an static class but that would bring another set of problems.

Well if you want a static ship that isnt affected by other objects hitting it dont use "class ship" use "house". Until ArmA3 and PhysX it wont work properly. And if you use attachto rather than setpos you are going to give yourself more potential problems and mass properties of the child objects maybe ignored so the only object that will have mass as far as the game engine is concerned is the parent class ship object. You can add the weapons as "class staticweapon" etc quite easily too without the loss of their properties.

Personally I have a few ships built like this ingame already and they arent affected by things banging into them.

Edited by RKSL-Rock

The main problem is that they have too light mass, so if an amphibious vehicle, try to go inside the LPD, the LPD go away on sea surface as a leaf.

There are 2 ways to float a ship, 1 is with LANDCONTACT points and the other is with GEOMETRY LOD

1 way suffers from what you describe ...... the other does not.