Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Introducing Take On Helicopters by Bohemia Interactive

Yeah it would be hard to argue the city it's self is not a major character underpinning the TOH project. And therefore getting a balance between performance, look and function is something no doubt BIS are constantly working on.

My hope is that the final release will offer a sense freedom to explore, enjoyment, being connected to the surroundings, responsibility and achievement.

If they could throw in say 30 different continuous 'random' events to occur during the day eg: car accidents, road works, utility workers moving around doing jobs, tow trucks etc it would certainly put more spark in the city.

Did I see some SWAT guys on a roof? Does that mean we will have Law Enforcement style missions in an urban setting?

And how about weather effects on the windshield? raindrops/ wipers, snow/ ice etc?

SamB

And how about weather effects on the windshield? raindrops/ wipers, snow/ ice etc?

SamB

Like this one.

nX5StDRP_EM

;)

I just hope the the city feels like a living breathing thing. Nothing more monotonous than flying through cities and there are 2 cars and 3 pedestrians at any one time.

There must be a feeling of small involvement in a larger, bigger organism that is the city. Cars driving, people walking/cycling, planes/helicopters flying, birds flying, etc. Otherwise I fear it will become stale very quickly, no matter how nice the flight model is or how accurate a rope's dangling characteristics are :)

I really hope the same. It would be a real shame if it's going to be yet again another simulator with an empty lifeless world. I think BIS can really hit the jackpot if they are able to make a living breathing immersive city. A city which is actually alive, doing it's thing. Of course it will always be a balance between performance and amount of objects, but there is nothing worse than flying in an environment that doesn't feel alive at all!

Question about the sound:

Will you replace that unnerving fatal crash sound in ToH? I´ve heard it to many times in Arma and in ToH`s CP. It´s not realistic for ToH, me thinks. We need more "stages" of crash and warnings.

Wasn't there suppose to be a new video update 5 days ago, or did I just miss it? :confused:

Ahead of tomorrow's new video update, we've just unlocked the rest of our sneaky bonus videos, so if you'd like to get a peek at more of our new voice acting, check ot the latest additions to our 'bonus videos' playlist :) http://bit.ly/qErFYz

TakeOnTheGame Youtube acccount

I still see the helicopter sporadically shake every so often from the cockpit.Any reason for this?Its not realistic at all when it does that.