Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Introducing Take On Helicopters by Bohemia Interactive

This project looks interesting, but please make a military version of this game or include military (and armed) helicopters in this Take On Helicopters sim.

This Search and Rescue meets SimCopter thing is really interesting but honestly I prefer to shot things or even to be shot at! ;)

wait till they announce arma 2 compatibility ;)

but to be honest due to the numerous engine changes etc i dont think that this will happen without a huge amount of work

but maybe we can profit by the models- who knows?

Implementing realistic gunnery with all the systems it comes with takes time I would rather like developers to spend on physics, cockpits, missions etc. Helicopters are fun enough w/o shooting IMHO. And there is always Blackshark...

Sam

EDIT:

There is another bounus video under facebook icon.

Edited by SamB

Frankly after endless gunship sims over the years(Janes Longbow,Hind,EEAH/EECH,Blackshark) I must say I am tired out of gunships.I simply want to fly other missions like cargo,SAR,and lifeflight.Not that I don't like Apaches and such but enough with the gunships.Time for something different.:)

Did anybody notice this new tweet on official twitter http://twitter.com/takeonthegame ?

"We'd suggest looking a little more closely at the Twitter Icon in our announce Trailer http://bit.ly/egiOSw #takeon about 2 hours ago via web"

I don't get the clue yet :icon_confused: :).

edit: I got it. Nice. ;)

Nice sneak peeks :)

Certainly backs up what RiE was alluding to. :D

According this tweet http://twitter.com/TakeOnTheGame/status/55635813479882752 Michael Miller will be adviser of TOH.

He has very interesting youtube channel about helicopters http://www.youtube.com/user/michaelmiller85 with a lot of information about flying.

MD500 startup procedure is really scary

, I hope that in game it will be like in arma, press "Q" :D:p.

edit: This video is definitely better

I want follow whole this procedure in game :D. Edited by BoboCZ

Great news! I am starting to believe it's really going to be a proper sim!

Sam

According this tweet http://twitter.com/TakeOnTheGame/status/55635813479882752 Michael Miller will be adviser of TOH.

He has very interesting youtube channel about helicopters http://www.youtube.com/user/michaelmiller85 with a lot of information about flying.

MD500 startup procedure is really scary

, I hope that in game it will be like in arma, press "Q" :D:p.

edit: This video is definitely better

I want follow whole this procedure in game :D.

That's actually much simpler than starting most piston engined helicopters. With the Hughes 269 I need to run the battery, prime the engine by cracking the throttle and introducing 3-5 seconds worth of fuel to the engine (the amount varies on temperature and takes experience and "feel" to get right), then you close the throttle, turn the magnetos switch to "both", hold the starter and slowly roll on until the engine starts while staying ready to quickly roll off throttle to prevent an engine overspeed (this can be very tricky). Then, once the engine is started the pilot must hold the clutch actuator switch in the engage position untill the blades turn 12 inches then release, then as the blades pick up speed they must continuously engage the clutch for a second at a time untill the rotor RPM is joined with the engine RPM.

Makes holding the starter and cracking the throttle between 12-15% N1 being carefull to close the throttle if it gets too hot seem easy huh? Of course, a hot start is no joke. At best, you have potentially damaged the engine and it needs to be inspected. At worst, you might set the aircraft on fire.

So, I've heard you're taking on helicopters? Good to hear there's something new going on;)

Frankly after endless gunship sims over the years(Janes Longbow,Hind,EEAH/EECH,Blackshark) I must say I am tired out of gunships.I simply want to fly other missions like cargo,SAR,and lifeflight.Not that I don't like Apaches and such but enough with the gunships.Time for something different.:)

Note that I'm not saying that a military helicopter sim (Take On Helicopters military variant) would need to be about or all about gunships. It would be cool to be a Chinook, Blackhawk, [insert you favourite transport/assault helicopters "HERE"] pilot and having AI gunners or friends Paying as gunners (Co-op) where you could fly all sorts of military missions such as Assault/troop insertions, troop extractions, resuply, Combat Search and Rescue, etc... and making a pilot/crewman career with this.

In fact a Mi-24 sim would be a dream come true since we could do most of the above plus the "traditional" gunship roles. :yay:

I agree that having a combat aspect to the game would be alot of fun. I did some really cool things as a Chinook crew cheif in Iraq and having a game that could simulate some of that stuff would be awesome. However, it is most definitely time for a civilian focused helicopter game. There are many many many unusual and challenging jobs out there to keep things exciting. I am sure the combat stuff will come later, both from modders and from BIS as they have clearly stated that some or all of this development will be used in future Arma games.

Any chance this may come to the Xbox too? I would presume it wouldn't be as processor heavy as ArmA2 was so perhaps it will be more possible than ArmA2 was (only guessing). It looks a bit too graphics hungry for my old laptop to take. There's a game on the Xbox called Apache: Air Assault, which is surprisingly good but still a bit arcady.

Hell yea, looking forward to some SAR and winch rescue fun!

Really loved SAR4 and the Arma2 engine was always the best for low level helicopter flight in recent years. And I am sick of all the virtual fighting that I did over the years. It's so stupid to shoot at people, even in a game. Now aliens, zombies and robots, thats something different... :-D

Anyways, great news!

PS: Need to get that Magnum PI intro tune for some serious wake riding...

Karel Moricky ask on his twitter "Do you recognize inspiration for this picture?" I have no idea.

Its a reference to the "Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy" series of books by Douglas Adams.

Crappy movie remake of the books...

MsK6aRuSBIc

Can we safe Whales?

Thats evn better then saving that little Elephant in FSX or transporting that gone wild rhino in a DC-3.

Its a reference to the "Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy" series of books by Douglas Adams.

Crappy movie remake of the books...

I know Hitchikers... and I'v seen movie, but you are right movie was weak, so I forget this scene.

Dear devs,

Please make the sperm whale a playable unit.

Dear devs,

Please make the sperm whale a playable unit.

And make sure you get the flight model right!