Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Introducing Take On Helicopters by Bohemia Interactive

Those kinds of news are released way too dangerously close to the 1st of April for me.

I guess i'll do what i do each year around this date and will not believe anything i read before next week.

Those kinds of news are released way too dangerously close to the 1st of April for me.

I guess i'll do what i do each year around this date and will not believe anything i read before next week.

Yes its too close to 1st april but It cant be fake anymore... They have nicely done site, FB, Twiter and youtube accounts. Pretty long interview on pc gamer, teaser video and annauncment news on most major gaming sites... so it just cant be fake... :P

I certainly hope the flight model is much better then in Arma/Arma2!If they intend to make a sim centered around helicopters that Arma flight model isn't going to wash.

Of course they will FOCUS on the main theme here and improve the flight model, they said that already.

I bet that somewhere in the campaign we will be involved somehow in the A2 wars...

I certainly hope the flight model is much better then in Arma/Arma2!If they intend to make a sim centered around helicopters that Arma flight model isn't going to wash.

I think you can assume that if they make a completely new game the flight model will indeed be better then in Arma 2! :rolleyes:

I always loved the civilian aspect in Arma and reading the interview made me feel more and more optimistic! I'm beginning to look forward to it.

But nevertheless "ep2" would be the real blast!

EDIT:

And reading that the story is embedded in the Armaverse... Cool! :yay:

Edited by Undeceived

I got to say, I might actually enjoy this game. I did like SimCopter alot, so it might work. And I know in a sense what we're getting in to, from a game engine perspective.

Besides, my worries about joystick seems to be answered in that PC Gamer interview. :)

The VERY FIRST QUOTE for BIS new game (or April fools prank - yet to be determined) Contains a complaint.

I hope you were being ironic.

;1887095']And there we go... :)

Looks nice so far...

EDIT: I have one complain so far - it seems like the MD500 is using sound from MD520N - which is totally different' date=' lacks that high pitched noise produced by tail rotor...[/quote']

*whops, wrong thread*

Edited by colossus

The VERY FIRST QUOTE for BIS new game (or April fools prank - yet to be determined) Contains a complaint.

I hope you were being ironic.

Well, this community is "special". :rolleyes:

As much as it is faithful to the father of all devs it also is overly strict and criticises every small detail.

....and we spontaniously get banned, fanned, canned, vanned, landed, and even manned. :)

A civil helicopter simulator is very rarely seen and certainly very awaited by many people. Hoping for nice flight dynamics.

Those who talks about helos in FS9/X, forget it, these are incompatible terms ;)

Those who say that "no guns, no party", thats absolutely wrong. Helicopters are of the most versatile vehicles and lot of tasks them can do, such as search and rescue, transport, fire extinguishing and lot of more. So party for sure, and however if realistic damage models, better. ;)

By the way, im seeing that the current models such as the MD-500 or the Merlin as well as the Bell412 aren't completely real. I'm seeing some small changes done on the tails as well as the fuselage. That reminds me to the GTA vehicles... Anyway looks well done, and hoping for real virtual cockpits as well.

Best of the luck, BI!!

Edited by heli3

The graphics engine looks AMAZING! If they can bring at least HALF the fidelity they are promising in this game to helos in ArmA, I'll be happy.

The graphics engine looks AMAZING! If they can bring at least HALF the fidelity they are promising in this game to helos in ArmA, I'll be happy.

Looks like Arma2. I recall seeing an arma 2 addon with fancy lighting on its surface.

Btw if this aint a joke, i hope this game runs smoother than ArmA2. :P

Edited by ziiip

Those who talks about helos in FS9/X, forget it, these are incompatible terms ;)
In some areas even the current ArmA II flight model for helos is better than the default Helo flight model in FSX.

Brilliant move by BIS. They get to breathe yet more life and funtionality into the engine, but no necessary pressure to make improvements work for ArmA,

To the guys at BIS,

Good luck and have fun. Sounds like exciting times ahead

Hmmmm Interesting tho bad timing releasing the news.... as April Fools is around the corner...tho depends on what country your from :j:

I'm quite excited about this. I love simulators with story-lines. Game play is what is missing in a lot of sims, I think.

Everyone is posting mostly the same thing. Some write the article and some just slaps the press-release on.

Welcome to the internet :)

PCG: I’m being dumb here, but: will I be able to shoot things? There’s nothing especially military that’s be shown in the trailer or screenshots, but with the damage and ballistics modeling that you already have in place, it’d be a shame if it went to waste…

JC: Take On is certainly a civil-oriented game, but–given our experience with military-based gameplay–we can’t help it if a few scenarios sneak in around the side! It’s a little early to talk about specifics, but I can confirm that Take On Helicopters exists within the context and operates within the rules of the Armaverse–and we all know that a war or two broke out.

It’s actually a stimulating challenge to have to think about crafting rewarding gameplay that doesn’t end up with an opponent dead. It makes us look again at our design, evaluate the motivations and rewards for any given player, and find a balance between authenticity and action. Sure, we all know blowing shit up is fun, but where we have combat-oriented scenarios, they’ll be in there for a reason.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/03/31/exclusive-interview-bohemia-interactive-talks-take-on-helicopters/

And just to add to troubles his sons bitter rival from school opens up a Shilka training school next door.... Will their buisness ever TAKE OFF again?

Wolfbite - I had find my forum user/pass just to compliment your humor. I did LOL.

WTF? :upside:

Now this is April Fools' joke! :laugh:

A free beta version of Arma 4 (note: requires always-on connection)
Edited by Lonestar

Undead Lead, Karel 'hollywood' Moricky noted: "After the rather flat reception to our announce trailer, we felt we really needed to raise our game... by raising the dead! Expect Zombies, nukes, transforming helicopters, and everything from the Tony Scott school of design. Minus the copyright infringement."

This really is one epic reverse mind-f*ck of an April fools joke. :D

Kudos, BIS!